Sign in to follow this  
Walk with me

Best 1st/2nd round draft pairings?

1 minute ago, magic32 said:

I have the 10th and 11th pick and there is no way Dame will still be around at 10. He should be the 7th pick after Curry, harden, AD, KAT, Giannis and Jokic. Consider yourself very lucky. I'll probably end up with Beal at 10. Not sure who Beal pairs up with the best in 8 cat Roto. Not punting anything and trying to avoid injury prone and load management players.

Yeah when it happened my eyes opened up big. Someone grabbed gobert in the top 10 (weird and that thorough everything else off. 5-10 in my league was

5- Giannis 

6- jokic 

7- embiid 

8- Lebron 

9- gobert 

10 (me) dame

11 (me) beal ... pulled the trigger but after I did I was kind of unsure if i should have picked Kawhi or not. I’m not sure who I’d recommend in your satiation as 10-20 includes a lot of injury ridden or load management guys (Kawhi, kyrie, Butler) I guess Drummond but he’d kill your FT% right?

3 hours ago, Walk with me said:

Yeah when it happened my eyes opened up big. Someone grabbed gobert in the top 10 (weird and that thorough everything else off. 5-10 in my league was

5- Giannis 

6- jokic 

7- embiid 

8- Lebron 

9- gobert 

10 (me) dame

11 (me) beal ... pulled the trigger but after I did I was kind of unsure if i should have picked Kawhi or not. I’m not sure who I’d recommend in your satiation as 10-20 includes a lot of injury ridden or load management guys (Kawhi, kyrie, Butler) I guess Drummond but he’d kill your FT% right?

embiid and LeBron are very risky picks in the top 10 because of how many games they have the potential of missing. Not to mention Lebron's FT shooting can kill you. Gobert getting picked in the top 10 is flat-out stupid cause he could be picked in the 2nd round if not later. These sound like rookie fantasy player picks unless it's some different settings in your league. In Roto, it's too much of a gamble to draft risky players in the 1st round. Dame and beal were definitely the 2 best players left. So you did well. Kawhi is on my do not draft list. I'll let some other fool deal with that bum. He's the only player in league history who purposely sits out 20+ games while being healthy.  I can only imagine what kind of discussions him and his people had with the Clippers before signing with them regarding load management. He missed a quarter of last season while being healthy and it wouldn't surprise me if he misses a third of this season. He will be drafted early in most leagues but won't end up with total value in the first two rounds cause if all the games missed.

I like Drummond but wasting the 10th or 11th pick on a guy who can make you last in a category is very brutal in an 8 cat Roto league.  you basically have to be at or near the top and all the other seven categories in order to win in a competitive league.  It basically negates his best category which is rebounding.

I just drafted a 12 teamer and paired AD with Beal (then Jimmy Butler )

spacer.png

(save the "get a competitive league" posts" I have plenty of them. Just hit the motherfkn trophy button )

• Thanks 2

Steph curry(1st Pick) then Kawhi(2nd Pick)Steph+Booker/Donovan This is for Espn Points league.What do u guys think?

I have the 14th aand 19th pick in 16 team H2H, 9 cat, league. Anyone have any suggestions in what direction i should go with these two picks.. 

On 10/13/2019 at 11:42 AM, sharkpotato said:

For punting big men cats - Harden with Young 😲

that's what I went with and loaded up on big guys in the next few rounds, ended up with Vucevic, Collins, Harris, Bryant.

On 10/15/2019 at 11:02 PM, Freddiefresh said:

I have the 14th aand 19th pick in 16 team H2H, 9 cat, league. Anyone have any suggestions in what direction i should go with these two picks.. 

For balance probably like Kyrie then Vucci. Or Drummond then Simmons and punt FT, Westbrook may work too.

Edited by KingDURANTULA