Sign in to follow this  
DWade9

Who to pair with Giannis 2nd/3rd round

10-team league picking Giannis at 1, who should I target at pick 20/21

8-cat league no TO

i think you'd want to shed some light on your overall strategy because you can be advised to draft any player really. but 8 cat no TO, i'd definelty go for a PG/Center pairing. since you're first, you dont have to worry much about getting the players you want but at the tail end of the second, a lot of the premier point guards are usually gone, if you can get any one of them (Luka, Trae, Kemba, Jrue) id try to go for them or even reach for Fox, then pair that up with a big, maybe like Collins, or even JJJ to get you a 1/1/1 type of big. 

9 minutes ago, SanFranz said:

i think you'd want to shed some light on your overall strategy because you can be advised to draft any player really. but 8 cat no TO, i'd definelty go for a PG/Center pairing. since you're first, you dont have to worry much about getting the players you want but at the tail end of the second, a lot of the premier point guards are usually gone, if you can get any one of them (Luka, Trae, Kemba, Jrue) id try to go for them or even reach for Fox, then pair that up with a big, maybe like Collins, or even JJJ to get you a 1/1/1 type of big. 

sounds like a plan, was thinking about Doncic but I fear he'll be gone by then.

Might punt FT% but not sure yet. Other category that I could potentially punt with Giannis is obviously 3s but not sure about that...

i dont think you need to punt FT/3s, just make sure the rest of the picks can anchor your FT and offset Giannis.

3s as well are easier to get in later end of the draft so you shouldnt have to worry.

31 minutes ago, SanFranz said:

i dont think you need to punt FT/3s, just make sure the rest of the picks can anchor your FT and offset Giannis.

3s as well are easier to get in later end of the draft so you shouldnt have to worry.

really want to punt one category though, because it makes it a lot easier.

Really depens on who I can get in round 2 though

Even if you want to punt, it doesn’t really mean you have to target players that are bad in the punt category. I’m sure you know that (not my intention to sound condescending). I don’t think Giannis hurts you enough to punt from the get go. Let the draft come to you the first rounds.

i think the PGs mentioned should be targets. If somehow you can sneak away with doncic/young/kemba and Ayton/Collins I think you are in great shape. 

if you do want to go full punt FT% then I would try to target Gobert/Simmons/Lebron/Drummond who all have a chance of being available on that turn around. But again, let the draft come to you. No reason to take a player who will hurt you at FT% just to stick with a punt if you don’t need it.