Sign in to follow this  
SanFranz

Julius Randle 2019-2020 Outlook

Surprising that there’s no forum for him.

i know NY is completely decimated and the one their looking towards to is RJ. But anyone take in that he averaged 21 points 8+ rebs last year and nearly one 3? Those are solid, and someone who is sorta similar, John Collins, imo is getting drafted a round or 2 early.

yeah no stocks, but it wouldn’t be unheard of for him to possibly get at at least 1 stock, which I wouldn’t mind.

Anyone else thinking of picking him up? Am I crazy to consider him in the 5th round, maybe a round early?

2 hours ago, SanFranz said:

Surprising that there’s no forum for him.

i know NY is completely decimated and the one their looking towards to is RJ. But anyone take in that he averaged 21 points 8+ rebs last year and nearly one 3? Those are solid, and someone who is sorta similar, John Collins, imo is getting drafted a round or 2 early.

yeah no stocks, but it wouldn’t be unheard of for him to possibly get at at least 1 stock, which I wouldn’t mind.

Anyone else thinking of picking him up? Am I crazy to consider him in the 5th round, maybe a round early?

That's where I got him, but I'm in a points league so it was a no-brainer since he fell that far.  He should at a minimum produce as well as he did last year.  Only concern is stocks.  

i got him on the 5th. John Collins was 11 picks ahead. He will have ample time at point-fwd with some assists. I think this year his stocks will go up. 0.8 blks, 1.2 steals, 1.2 3pm is not a reach with some juicy 4-5 dimes. With good percentages on ft and fg. Could be a steal in the 5th. 

I think his stock is falling a little bit. I know its only preseason, but he has been complete a** so far. Playing like a guy that's complacent after getting paid. Plus, I suspect the Knicks are gonna suck and the back end of the bench will be playing lots of 4th quarters. I still like him but he's no longer my early 4th rounder (pick #33). If I'm taking him there now, that means a few guys went already. 

I don’t know what to think about him with all those PF on the Knicks Roster ... 

Does anybody know if he gets C eligibility (ESPN)? He had it last year for sure and Robinson is the only real C on the roster. I guess he’ll definitely play as a C from time to time. 

Is no one concerned about Randle getting Fiz-ed? Maybe he is immune. 

Beast of a line last night - 26/11/6 with 3 steals and 1 3PTM ..... geesh

• Like 1

On 10/17/2019 at 9:12 AM, KB24MVP said:

Does anybody know if he gets C eligibility (ESPN)? He had it last year for sure and Robinson is the only real C on the roster. I guess he’ll definitely play as a C from time to time. 

did he play as a C last night or exclusively at PF? 

5 minutes ago, KB24MVP said:

did he play as a C last night or exclusively at PF? 

He started at Forward not sure if he had any Center minutes.  Portis started at Center. 

18 hours ago, Bugs bunny said:

He started at Forward not sure if he had any Center minutes.  Portis started at Center. 

Didn't.. and looks like portis will start at C with Mitch from the bench. No way he will be a center with the knicks. Portis/Mitch is good enough

I’m happy I traded him, just too inconsistent although he has All Star potential ...

• Like 1

benching him for a few games till then... can't drop him - just yet. Coaching staff gonna work on his TO's. Hope to get some results

12 minutes ago, deathrazor said:

Thinkin of trading him for Thomas Bryant but Randles upside is tantalizing.

bryant is better than him on so many levels and his ceiling is higher too

Edited by WhatIsThisWizardry
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, deathrazor said:

Is it just me or does he look very disengaged?

It’s not just you. 

Awful. Can’t even trade him because he’s so bad.

Inefficient, lack of aggression, tons of turnovers. Gotta put some of the blame on the NY Knicks organization as well.

On 11/1/2019 at 9:03 AM, deathrazor said:

Thinkin of trading him for Thomas Bryant but Randles upside is tantalizing.

I chose Randle over Bryant in my draft.  SMH

Have anyone had any luck trading?

Maybe for those buy low players like RoCo?

Just think Randle still has some name value and double double with 4ast aint too bad.

Edited by deathrazor

bench him till he figures things out -- based on his current stats the upside is quite still there. Benching him and Lauri Markkennen till they come back to earth! They were studs on their first games. 

Just traded this guy for Lonzo Ball. I couldn't bare the uncertainty of Fitzdale system and the bust potential, and Lonzo is on the verge of a breakout season.