tonycpsu

NFL Waiver Wire Thread 2019 Week 7

tonycpsu

This thread is for offering suggested waiver wire pickups for week 7 of the 2019 NFL season.

It is not for the following:

Comments that fall into one of these categories or are otherwise not on topic for this thread will be removed.

Some discussion of waiver suggestions is allowed, but this is not the place for an extended debate on the merits of any particular player. Take these in-depth discussions over to the outlook threads for the individual player(s) in question.

Message added by tonycpsu

This thread is for offering suggested waiver wire pickups for week 7 of the 2019 NFL season.

It is not for the following:

Comments that fall into one of these categories or are otherwise not on topic for this thread will be removed.

Some discussion of waiver suggestions is allowed, but this is not the place for an extended debate on the merits of any particular player. Take these in-depth discussions over to the outlook threads for the individual player(s) in question.

Dawson Knox is a potential breakout TE.

He is going under the radar as this was his Bye week.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, miasma16 said:

Chiefs play the Broncos this week and aren't owned in many leagues

Don't. Chiefs D has been horrendous and hasn't stopped anyone. Please edit this. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 2

Prioritized:

Hunter Henry: Guy has talent, Chargers D is absolute trash, and the receiving options for LA continue to diminish

Chase Edmonds: DJ continues to power on, but if he were to go down Edmonds looks like a 3 down back...

Benny Snell Jr.: This guy can play and if Connor misses any time another potential 3 down back...

Darrell Henderson Jr.: Appears to be the better back b/n he and Brown. Rams look like trash, but if Gurley misses some time this guy could settle in as a RB2/RB3 type.

1 hour ago, hangin n wangin said:

Streamable WR suggestions for this week?

Jakobi Meyers could be interesting pending the health of New England's WR corps

Demaryius went 4 for 62 in what should've been a tough matchup. Weird game, but he put up solid numbers last week too

You might be able to get Geronimo for free

I prefer the guys I already mentioned though obviously

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Looking like a dry week for waivers. Not exciting, but here are Week 7 pickups/stash. Everyone will be 35% owned or less (Yahoo). 

*If you have bench spots to burn, it wouldn't hurt to pickup players like Jamaal Williams, J.D. McKissic, Geronimo Allison before tomorrow's MNF matchup. 

QB

Sam Darnold - Darnold had a solid game back, orchestrating an upset win against Cowboys at home. His next 2 games are tough as he gets New England and Jacksonville, but has a fantasy heaven schedule setup from Week 9-14. He gets MIA, NYG, WAS, OAK, CIN, and MIA in that span! He is a solid early stash and is streamer worthy during those weeks, as plenty of teams will be on bye. 

Daniel Jones - Outside of his monster debut, Jones has been bad. However, he has chance to bounce back against an awful Cardinals defense in Week 7. Jones has some streamer appeal if Giants can get back both Engram and Shepherd. 

RB

Alexander Mattison - Elite handcuff. Mattison out-rushed Cook this week, rushing for 14/63. He has some standalone value as a desperate RB3/4 in non-PPR leagues. 

Chase Edmonds - Elite handcuff. Dual threat backup who has scored in 2 straight games and obvious RB1 in all formats if DJ gets hurt. 

Mark Walton - Bench stash. Walton got fewer touches than Drake, but outplayed him by posting 75 yards on 11 touches. He has supplanted Ballage as the #1/2 RB on the worst team in football. Look for Miami to continue to keep him involved. 

Darrell Henderson Jr. - Value dependent on Gurley's status. Rams offensive line is a mess, but Henderson outplayed Malcolm Brown and has more value than him as a pass catcher. If Gurley is out again, Henderson has some fringe appeal. 

Benny Snell Jr. - Rookie posted 17/75 rushing and 1/14 receiving on SNF. Conner was hurt for a portion of the game, but seems to be fine. If he misses time, Snell is a locked-in workhorse RB2. 

WR

Duke Williams - Sneaky stash. Prior to Buffalo's bye, Williams caught 4/4 targets for 29 yards and a game-winning TD vs. Titans. Furthermore, the former CFL star is now locked-in as an outside WR now that Zay Jones has been traded. He also has size (6'2") that John Brown and Cole Beasley don't possess. He is an intriguing pickup.

Auden Tate - Streamer. Tate posted 5/91 on 12 targets against Ravens. As long as A.J. Green is out, he is Bengals #2 passing option and has some WR4/low-end flex appeal. 

Jacobi Meyers - If Josh Gordon and/or Dorsett are out this week, Meyers has some WR4 appeal in a matchups against the Jets. 

Dante Pettis - Bench stash. Pettis had his best game on the season posting 3/45 on 6 targets. While that isn't great, I think he is the WR to own on this run-heavy team. 

N'Keal Harry - If your league has an IR spot or if your current IR spot isn't occupied, Harry is worth a speculative IR stash. He is eligible to return Week 9 and Patriots WRs are a bit banged up. 

TE

Chris Herndon - Herndon had a setback that will likely keep him out another 1-2 weeks. When healthy, he does have top 10 TE upside, although his floor maybe lower than I originally thought due to the presence of Crowder and DT and this spread-around Jets offense. 

Rhett Ellison - Streamer if Evan Engram (and to some extent, Shepherd) are out. Ellison posted 3/30 on 7 targets against the Patriots and gets a favorable matchup vs. Cardinals, who are the worst team against opposing TEs.

Edited by KA13
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Steelers D if available and you have a spot during their bye.

• Like 5

Hunter Henry (Must Add Top 5 TE) IF available.

Chase Edmonds (Looked fantastic in small role) DJ injury away from probable RB1.

17 hours ago, hangin n wangin said:

Sanu or Tate available?

1 minute ago, mjb said:

Sanu or Tate available?

Auden or Golden?

17 hours ago, hangin n wangin said:

You're gonna look at me like I'm crazy.

Tavon Austin.

Copper's in "serious pain."  Devon Smith likely still out, Cobb too.  We saw what the Eagles let Diggs do.

I'm just sayin.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Sivaro said:

Kyle Allen.

Cam is done.

Maybe not so fast on that one...

10 hours ago, Buck Showalter said:

Buffalo D/ST if they were dropped during their bye.  Upcoming schedule vs Mia twice in next 5 weeks, Cle and Wash.

Great call.  Denver at home after that too ain't too shabby.

• Like 1

For the QB needy, Josh Allen is a good pickup tonight. You can get him for free and they play Miami next week.

Edited by Languistic01

5 minutes ago, Languistic01 said:

For the QB needy, Josh Allen is a good pickup tonight. You can get him for free and they play Miami next week.

Good call.  I picked him up before the Sunday games started.  His upcoming schedule coming out of the bye looks great.

Steelers defense. Juicy schedule. I have SF and still gonna burn my #1 waiver on them

1 minute ago, scheibler said:

Steelers defense. Juicy schedule. I have SF and still gonna burn my #1 waiver on them

People sleeping on them with the week 7 bye but have Dolphins week 8.

It’s a little early and depends if you have the room on your roster, but the Jets D/ST has a super juicy schedule week 9-14

• Thanks 2