KB24MVP

Elfrid Payton 2019-2020 Outlook

What do we think about this guy this year in New York? He showed with some Triple Doubles what he is able to do, but I think he could have a hard time behind Smith jr.

Pretty simple really.  You take a last round pick and see what happens.  He has low-end triple double potential and gets stocks but doesn't shoot threes, score a lot, and is inefficient.

People always got fool by his triple double in past few seasons,personally I don't think he is a very good player(both in real life and fantasy).Low pts,3s,poor FT% ,his main contribution is assists and stls only

Terrible shooter, but a triple double threat on any given night. There's a position battle at PG in New York-- any chance Fiz gets bored of trying to make DSJ or Frank work and gives this guy 30+ mpg?

1 hour ago, MrJuiceBar said:

any chance Fiz gets bored of trying to make DSJ or Frank work and gives this guy 30+ mpg?

One can only 🤞🏼

I wish he would. I’m a Dennis owner but I’d rather have this guy and just let him start 

4/9
2/2
INF

pretty decent stats for 26 mins. didn't watch the game but saw that dennis smith jr. only played 10 minutes. should we consider payton to at least get a 10 pts 5 ast average?

1 minute ago, MrBean said:

4/9
2/2
INF

pretty decent stats for 26 mins. didn't watch the game but saw that dennis smith jr. only played 10 minutes. should we consider payton to at least get a 10 pts 5 ast average?

Trier started the game and then DSJ came in for him. Neither came back into the game after making a bunch of mistakes. Elfrid sparked a comeback in the 3rd, overcoming a 16? pt deficit and NYK had an 8? pt lead when Elfrid sat bc of foul trouble. Ntikilina came in for him and sucked a** w/ no scoring, bad defense, and costly turnovers. Elfrid came in again and stayed until the end of the game.

He also had 5 steals. He has the highest basketball IQ of all these guys so I hope for him and the knicks they will roll with him for the future. 

Last year at the end of the season he really balled out and is a constant Triple Double threat, could be a great waiver pick up or last round flier for many teams 

Edited by KB24MVP

34 minutes ago, claptondecheeks said:

Trier started the game and then DSJ came in for him. Neither came back into the game after making a bunch of mistakes. Elfrid sparked a comeback in the 3rd, overcoming a 16? pt deficit and NYK had an 8? pt lead when Elfrid sat bc of foul trouble. Ntikilina came in for him and sucked a** w/ no scoring, bad defense, and costly turnovers. Elfrid came in again and stayed until the end of the game.

the only thing this tells me is that the rotation is an absolute nightmare.

• Like 3

Hopefully even Fizdale can see that starting Payton is the best thing he can do. But Fiz gonna Fiz

1 hour ago, KB24MVP said:

Why are there two threads about him?

Because he's just that good.  I'm thinking of starting a third thread out of sheer excitement for that first game.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

8 minutes ago, stickman786 said:

is he the pick up?

I actually just dropped him haha!!! I have Lowry Ja Sato Dinwiddie Garland. If he’s available in 12+ team leagues he should be picked up. Ast and stls are tough to find even if he’s in s---y situation with fizdale. It’s worth holding and seeing what happens 

2 hours ago, greatestmetfan said:

I scooped him asap he was the best guard on the floor for the Knicks by far. 

He was starter in Orlando with an acceptable output for top 75 PG. I am hoping he does better once he cements the starting job to himself.

• Like 1

Fitzdale is stupid but he stuck with Mudiay last year for a good stretch until Mudiay got injured. Same with Vonleh, more or less.

He already gave a shot to the other guys and Trier, DSJ, and Ntikilina didn't play to keep the job. IMO Fitz is gonna go with Elfrid until something fierce him not to.

17 minutes ago, JP_Grizzly said:

I actually just dropped him haha!!! I have Lowry Ja Sato Dinwiddie Garland. If he’s available in 12+ team leagues he should be picked up. Ast and stls are tough to find even if he’s in s---y situation with fizdale. It’s worth holding and seeing what happens 

Omg are you me? lol I have Sato Garland and Lowry... Why did you decide to keep Sato? Just curious.

2 hours ago, mcflywalker said:

the only thing this tells me is that the rotation is an absolute nightmare.

2 hours ago, m1dday said:

Hopefully even Fizdale can see that starting Payton is the best thing he can do. But Fiz gonna Fiz

fiz is the nightmare brothers

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, ill ark said:

He was starter in Orlando with an acceptable output for top 75 PG. I am hoping he does better once he cements the starting job to himself.

Man I waited all last year for that. I had him since he came back from that injury in Orlando and slowly started putting up those good lines. Monster steals back then. I always thought that too tho, if this guy could get like 35 min a night somehow the fantasy lines he’d put up would be insane. 

Just now, stickman786 said:

Omg are you me? lol I have Sato Garland and Lowry... Why did you decide to keep Sato? Just curious.

Sato will be fine. I didn’t want to overreact to one game and I believe in the talent. Tough call dropping elf but I think satos role is much safer than elf.