Trench Mob

Jarrett Allen 2019-2020 Outlook

6 minutes ago, 7Up said:

Jarrett Allen or Wendell Carter Jr?  

I prefer Wendell Carter because he has more upside, but all the injury concerns + Boylen factor, you just have to pause. Allen is alot more safer.

• Thanks 1

I think he is underrated this year because of D Jordan.

He will get more opportunity than expected while Jordan takes more of a veteran support with efficient stats - the trend is for Allen to get more PT into the season.

Should be better than last year for fantasy stats.

On 10/14/2019 at 11:36 PM, gooseball said:

Should be better than last year for fantasy stats.

I'm a huge Allen fan, but not sure where he is getting much better stats than last year. It might happen if DAJ and Allen are both on the floor at times, and Prince slides over to the 3. Otherwise DAJ is getting his 27-29 minutes easily, leaving less than enough for Allen at the 5 for the value we seek. Just not sure in today's NBA if we will see a lot of those two bigs playing together. If Prince starts hot, he could be the bigger problem capping Allen's upside than DAJ - we know what to expect there.

• Like 1

They got Jordan simply because Kyrie/KD told them to.  I am completely staying away from this situation because it seems like it is going to be close to an even split for playing time between the two. Not worth the frustration.

Edited by Tekno Team 2000

Allen is still the center to own in Brooklyn, as long as you're not investing an early pick. I got him in the 8th and I'm fine with that. 

As a 3rd big on your roster, he's about as good as you can get. If he's your 2nd or God forbid 1st C, you're in trouble.

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, Tekno Team 2000 said:

They got Jordan simply because Kyrie/KD told them to.  I am completely staying away from this situation because it seems like it is going to be close to an even split for playing time between the two. Not worth the frustration.

Bingo, hard to know if either will be more than marginally start-worthy. It was this realization that dealt a crippling blow to my mancrush on JA.

22 hours ago, HispasianTuna said:

Allen is still the center to own in Brooklyn, as long as you're not investing an early pick. I got him in the 8th and I'm fine with that. 

At that point in the draft, you're choosing between higher-upside rookies, role players who fill out category needs, and guys who you're not sure get enough PT to draft as a solid starter, so year this is about right (90-105 or so overall).

as my 3rd Center (possibly 4th as I added Dedmon) I'm hoping for some good things from him. Any possibility he moves over to the 4 and plays alongside DJ?

On 10/21/2019 at 12:09 PM, snerpy said:

as my 3rd Center (possibly 4th as I added Dedmon) I'm hoping for some good things from him. Any possibility he moves over to the 4 and plays alongside DJ?

Unfortunately dedmond is dead. But I'll add him.

On 10/21/2019 at 3:09 PM, snerpy said:

Only way this would happen is if they were facing a team that has true PF and C combo that only plays inside the paint. if either of them are stretch players who can shoot and dribble drive then they cant be on the court at the same time. both Excel at protecting the rim so they have to be close to the basket. Id be shocked if they ever played alongside each other

3 minutes ago, mikuboy said:

4 offensive fouls at the half! just stupid as f...

A bunch of them were very ticky-tack fouls. Refs are a**. But so is JA. Close to dropping this dude. 

27 minutes ago, MuscleChestbrook said:

A bunch of them were very ticky-tack fouls. Refs are a**. But so is JA. Close to dropping this dude. 

Just dropped for Holmes. Tired of the timeshare with Jordan.

Lmao. Playing like a G-Leaguer. Maybe because he really is.

is this guy still considered a 12 team guy?

14 minutes ago, nir said:

is this guy still considered a 12 team guy?

I couldn't even trade him for waiver pickup's or injured players. If you have good big depth, I think it's about that time.