Sign in to follow this  
CamNewton

WHIR: Two trades. Would you make them? (Full PPR)

These are two separate trades in separate leagues. Both full PPR. Would you do these trades?

Trade #1

I send: Evan Engram, Terry McLaurin

I receive: Travis Kelce, Marquise Brown

My thought on this one is McLaurin just came off a great game against the Dolphins. His schedule gets noticeably more difficult, Jay Gruden is no longer there, they're going to be more run heavy ROS than they've been up to this point which means less targets for McLaurin. I also see this as buying low on Kelce.

Trade #2

I send: Mahomes and Josh Jacobs

I receive: Kyler Murray and Zeke Elliott

My thought on this one is it's a 4 point passing TD league. Kyler has a great schedule ROS and during fantasy playoffs, and in a 4 point per passing TD league I think Kyler isn't that much of a drop off from Mahomes. It'd be way different if it was a 6 point league. I'm also getting more consistency at the RB position with Zeke than Jacobs.

I'd do #2 but would probably stay put on #1. Getting Zeke would be a huge upgrade.

• Thanks 1

Definitely #2 for sure.

#1 a little bit tougher. I honestly think it's about 50/50. Engram is just a hair below Kelce and the other two are basically a wash. When evaluating a trade, I'm always inclined to try to get the best player involved. In this case, that's Kelce. There won't be much of a drop off between McLaurin and Brown. I say do it.

Thanks for the help in mine.

Edited by timexsocialclub
  • Thanks 1

Great trades and you are right on both counts.  

Trade 1

Kelce is going to move upward, He is the upgrade you need,   Losing TM is tough to swallow but you are selling high ( Dolphins) , but yeah, specially if it is a dynasty league, also I have no idea who else you have at WR.  I am assuming you are solid already there.

Trade 2

Great trade,  Oakland has overachieved and is going to struggle ROS.  Jacobs is to risky but he is in the same situation Mack is in over at IND with a worse O-Line, The shine Mahonnes had is beginning to dull, the league is figuring out his weaknesses. Klyler Murray is going to have a little longer so all good.  Zeke is the prize in all this.   

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, CamNewton said:

These are two separate trades in separate leagues. Both full PPR. Would you do these trades?

Trade #1

I send: Evan Engram, Terry McLaurin

I receive: Travis Kelce, Marquise Brown

My thought on this one is McLaurin just came off a great game against the Dolphins. His schedule gets noticeably more difficult, Jay Gruden is no longer there, they're going to be more run heavy ROS than they've been up to this point which means less targets for McLaurin. I also see this as buying low on Kelce.

Trade #2

I send: Mahomes and Josh Jacobs

I receive: Kyler Murray and Zeke Elliott

My thought on this one is it's a 4 point passing TD league. Kyler has a great schedule ROS and during fantasy playoffs, and in a 4 point per passing TD league I think Kyler isn't that much of a drop off from Mahomes. It'd be way different if it was a 6 point league. I'm also getting more consistency at the RB position with Zeke than Jacobs.

I like the logic with both trades. Murray should be a borderline top 5 fantasy QB ROS, given his improvement, running abilities, and ROS schedule. Elliot is a massive upgrade over Elliot. McLaurin's schedule is about to get absolutely brutal. Brown's production has been inconsistent, but his volume remains good. Kelce is obviously the best TE in the game when everything is clicking. I would do both trades. Thanks for your help with my thread. 

• Thanks 1

Thanks for mine. 1 seems like a wash for me. I like 2 better since it a 4 per passing TD. Elliot over Jacobs is a bigger upgrade than the downgrade from Maholmes for Murray

• Thanks 1

Pass on trade1 .. Scary Terry is a stud.

Door #2 please

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, RunCMC said:

Pass on trade1 .. Scary Terry is a stud.

Door #2 please

They're not reliant on one another. Two separate leagues. However, McLaurin's production all came under a Jay Gruden offense, not this run heavy offense that this interim HC is running. This past week he faced the Dolphins that were without Xavien Howard. They're not going to pass as much moving forward and they have a brutal schedule.

2 minutes ago, CamNewton said:

They're not reliant on one another. Two separate leagues. However, McLaurin's production all came under a Jay Gruden offense, not this run heavy offense that this interim HC is running. This past week he faced the Dolphins that were without Xavien Howard. They're not going to pass as much moving forward and they have a brutal schedule.

Ohh ok gotcha, my answer is still the same tho. And yes they are going to pass alot, it’s the Skins they suck, and will always play from behind. Terry got the same # of targets this last game under the new head coach . 7 Targets , which is his norm give or take. Kid has never been a target hog anyways, not one game over 9 . Hasn’t even seen double digits yet. The whole Redskins will run more narrative is way too overblown , stupid coach talk . As if they can even run the ball effectively with senior citizen Adrian Peterson . 

• Thanks 1

I like trade one a lot.

When Hollywood comes back, he looks like he will be steady with upside.

I don't like trade two so much, but I wouldn't fault you for taking a chance.
If Mahomes' ankle is nagging all season, trading him would look prudent.
If he shakes it off and regains the magic, he could offset the fair benefit EZ should give over Jacobs.

Thanks for mine.

I don't like either of these trades actually.  I'm not convinced in Baltimore's passing ability, more along the lines that the first few weeks were the outliers.  I also think of Scary Terry is able to have this production on a crap team thus far, he is a keeper.  I also am really high on Jacobs.  Keep in mind my bias is towards keeper leagues though, in which Jacobs and Terry would be golden to have as mid round/waiver value with huge upside.