Zekepeak86

10/14/2019 Detroit Lions @ Green Bay Packers Gameday Thread

2 minutes ago, Sternes said:

These games seem rigged because the Lions NEVER PUT ANYONE AWAY!  They refuse to capitalize on chances and then when they get screwed they didn't have any margin of error.

zvz5Of.gif

Eh they got boned dude.  No real way to sugar coat this.  Neither of those were penalties.  This isn’t a PI, judgment call gone wrong.  These are 2 plays that didn’t when occur that were called penalties.  Terrible officiating.  This is WWE level.  All we missed was Paul Bearer running in and smacking Matt Stafford over head with an urn.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, lla887 said:

Sucks man.  Already lost Adams and Cooper.  If Golladays out I got nothing left

me too. But Golladay was out there in the 4th. Not for every snap but he still was out there and had a red one target. 

• Like 1

The Lions should have beat the Chiefs. 

The Lions should have beaten the Packers tonight

I think it's time to take the Lions seriously in 2019. 

2 minutes ago, StevenSC400 said:

I don’t really get how that’s smart. Players do that if they are already winning so they don’t score to run out the clock. In this case the packers were losing. One bad snap blocked field goal shank and they lose. I’d much rather have scored there.

Rodgers had no faith in their defense?

Just now, FitzMagic said:

LOL, ESPN ripping on the refs in the highlights.

You have to be a real joke for me to say this...

Good job ESPN.

• Like 2

Hope the Lions come out with a vengeance ROS just because of how pathetic this game was

Image result for angry lion nfl gif

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

Hard to put someone away when every time you get a spot there’s a convenient BS flag

Lions failed to capitalize on drives. Failed to sustain drives.  Failed to do anything with the ball on that muffed punt.

The Lions had 58 yards in the 2nd half.

Lions always fail to step up and make a play, and then when they get screwed by the refs they act surprised like it hasn't happened before. IT HAPPENS ALL THE TIME.

They fail to put the game out of reach of their opponent and the refs.  Hell, they did it week 1 vs the Cardinals.  They choked it away vs KC.

The team has lost two games by a total of 5 points, won two games by a total of 6 points, and had a tie.

Edited by Sternes
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, StevenSC400 said:

I don’t really get how that’s smart. Players do that if they are already winning so they don’t score to run out the clock. In this case the packers were losing. One bad snap blocked field goal shank and they lose. I’d much rather have scored there.

Agreed. Sure score and the Lions would have had to drive the field to win. Risky, because like you said anything can happen on a FG attempt.

• Like 1

Just now, Sternes said:

Lions failed to capitalize on drives. Failed to sustain drives.  Failed to do anything with the ball on that muffed punt.

Lions always fail to step up and make a play, and then when they get screwed by the refs they act surprised like it hasn't happened before. IT HAPPENS ALL THE TIME.

They fail to put the game out of reach of their opponent and the refs.  Hell, they did it week 1 vs the Cardinals.  They choked it away vs KC.

This. Were the refs bad? Yes. Do they get to blame that loss on the refs? No. That's not what adults do, especially ones that have achieved success in life like basically every player in the NFL has at some point. They could've been better, that's why they lost.

Aaron Rogers and Sean Payton are the most unlikable people in the NFL. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Sternes said:

There’s always that 1 fan of the team that is just so self loathing. The refs robbed you guys. Plain and simple

3 minutes ago, Cdub2k said:

The Lions should have beat the Chiefs. 

The Lions should have beaten the Packers tonight

I think it's time to take the Lions seriously in 2019. 

If they get to the playoffs, the refs will just job them out like they did in 2014 vs Dallas

Guess the NFL can't afford to just pay a guy to watch the game.  If there is an obvious, egregious, game-altering call, the guy makes a call and it gets reviewed.  Simple.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BackwardsKRay said:

Aaron Rogers and Sean Payton are the most unlikable people in the NFL. 

Yeah but Drew Brees and that entire team is so likable I can overlook Sean Payton lol...

Anyone who refuses to admit that the Lions just got screwed wow is all. I am not a fan of either team, but that was about as bad of a screw job as I can remember

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Chippa said:

There’s always that 1 fan of the team that is just so self loathing. The refs robbed you guys. Plain and simple

If they get to the playoffs, the refs will just job them out like they did in 2014 vs Dallas

If I'm aware that we could get screwed by the refs, why aren't the coaching staff aware of the possibility? This team jumped out to a 13 point lead and coasted.  This team was up 24-6 against the Cardinals and blew it in the 4th quarter.  Our offense has all these "weapons" and we can't sustain a drive, and Rodgers is throwing to the cart guy and ball boy and manages a comeback.

Up 22-13, we managed to burn 3 minutes of clock from the 13 min mark in the 4th.

Edited by Sternes
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, atdharris said:

me too. But Golladay was out there in the 4th. Not for every snap but he still was out there and had a red one target. 

Red Zone target after the injury or was it before? As I recalled, he was out there as a decoy and wasn’t even target after the injury. 

3 minutes ago, miasma16 said:

This. Were the refs bad? Yes. Do they get to blame that loss on the refs? No. That's not what adults do, especially ones that have achieved success in life like basically every player in the NFL has at some point. They could've been better, that's why they lost.

At no point should a game be determined by the refs. Things happen over 60 minutes. Momentum can change. Adjustments are made by coaches. With all of that said, the refs should not determine a game no matter how good or bad a team plays.

It's that simple.

• Like 2

Lions couldn’t even challenge the non pass interference call on Marvin Jones because they knew they’d lose it, even though it clearly was a missed call. These rules are messed and the reffing is just crooked. 

• Like 1

Just now, Sternes said:

blah blah blah blah blah

Detroit was robbed.

Just now, nonstopfan said:

At no point should a game be determined by the refs.

It wasn't. As the Lions fan already pointed out, if they played better, they would've won.

• Like 1

Just now, Chippa said:

Detroit was robbed.

I didn't say they weren't.  They also PUT themselves in a position to be robbed. Thanks for reading my post, where I explained that.

I know the outcome was bad but the lions have a franchise changing coach, not even a lions fan but Patricia is going to be around for a really long time.

• Like 1

Just now, Sternes said:

I didn't say they weren't.  They also PUT themselves in a position to be robbed. Thanks for reading my post, where I explained that.

Robbery