Zekepeak86

10/14/2019 Detroit Lions @ Green Bay Packers Gameday Thread

21 minutes ago, Sternes said:

Lions failed to capitalize on drives. Failed to sustain drives.  Failed to do anything with the ball on that muffed punt.

The Lions had 58 yards in the 2nd half.

Lions always fail to step up and make a play, and then when they get screwed by the refs they act surprised like it hasn't happened before. IT HAPPENS ALL THE TIME.

They fail to put the game out of reach of their opponent and the refs.  Hell, they did it week 1 vs the Cardinals.  They choked it away vs KC.

The team has lost two games by a total of 5 points, won two games by a total of 6 points, and had a tie.

ordinarily i can kind of buy in to this. "the team wouldn't get screwed by the refs if they didn't put themselves in a position to get screwed by the refs, etc etc" but this...this was blatant and infuriating. These were horrible horrible calls that DIRECTLY affected the outcome. I have no horse in this race (except aaron jones). i didn't particularly care who won this game, but seeing the refs have such a HUGE influence on the outcome and repeatedly f detoit was something that went from kind of funny to alarming to...just kind of gross and frustrating as the game went on and the calls got more egregious. Refs stole this game from Detroit. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, Tenner said:

Makes little sense that people are saying that the Lions should have made plays. That’s the point - they did. 

3rd and long: contain Rodgers, great coverage, collapsed the pocket - sacked

End of game: Stopped the Packers on 1st and 2nd down. Great coverage on 3rd and force an incompletion. 

They made plays. 

Thats exactly what im saying, this was the biggest crock of spit ive ever seen

Just now, yossarian said:

ordinarily i can kind of buy in to this. "the team wouldn't get screwed by the refs if they didn't put themselves in a position to get screwed by the refs, etc etc" but this...this was blatant and infuriating. These were horrible horrible calls that DIRECTLY affected the outcome. I have no horse in this race (except aaron jones). i didn't particularly care who won this game, but seeing the refs have such a HUGE influence on the outcome and repeatedly f detoit was something that went from kind of funny to alarming to...just kind of gross and frustrating as the game went on and the calls got more egregious. Refs stole this game from Detroit. 

The officiating was as bad as you'll probably ever see in an NFL game at the end, but that doesn't change the fact that the Lions have nobody to blame but themselves. There are games where the refs weren't as bad and you can totally put it on the refs. This isn't even close to being one of them. They sucked in the second half.

2 minutes ago, miasma16 said:

The officiating was as bad as you'll probably ever see in an NFL game at the end, but that doesn't change the fact that the Lions have nobody to blame but themselves. There are games where the refs weren't as bad and you can totally put it on the refs. This isn't even close to being one of them. They sucked in the second half.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Tenner said:

Loser's mentality. That's how you stay stagnant.

8 minutes ago, miasma16 said:

i'm sorry but your post is nonsense. you say the Lions should have made the plays. they did make the plays, and then the refs changed the outcomes of those plays in the Pack's favor. how can you possibly say "the officiating was as bad as you'll probably ever see in an NFL game at the end, but that doesn't change the fact that the Lions have nobody to blame but themselves." They can absolutely blame the refs. The refs had a direct, consequential impact on this game and saying in one statement that they were horrible but the Lions can only blame themselves is just....it doesn't make sense. 

Edited by yossarian
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Cmilne23 said:

It wasn’t a BAD call, it was PHANTOM calls.  A bad call is Saints - Rams PI call not being called.  Those 2 calls for illegal hands to face simply didn’t exist and weren’t close.  It took 2 made up calls to force an end result.  That’s a tough one to swallow as a fan of nfl.  Don’t give 2 f**** about GB or DET.  But I do care about integrity of game and I have serious question on what I just witnessed.  

Lol I get it the calls were awful and it’s disappointing that it can and does affect the outcome. Makes me want to stop watching sometimes. But I still see what Sternes meant about the Lions. 

honest question for you... @Gohawks too

do you think the refs literally think in their head before the snap “ok it’s 3rd down and GB needs a 1st down to win the game, find a phantom penalty and call it if they don’t convert”

?

I've wondered that watching many pro sports over the years myself. 

Was everybody saying this when the replacement zebras gave the game to Seattle on MNF a few years back? Remember that? 😂 

19 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

If refs are fair Lions walk out with a multi possession lead. That’s the bottom line.

how can you say that? Crystal ball?

1 minute ago, Members_Only_76 said:

Was everybody saying this when the replacement zebras gave the game to Seattle on MNF a few years back? Remember that? 😂 

The Seattle fans weren't, that's the only time they were ever winning at anything