Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rollobobo

The Must-Own Matt LaPorta Thread

is he worth a pick up in a non keeper redraft league

I would say so. You'll need the number 1 or 2 waiver though. And I am happy to say I just snatched LaPorta. Managers in my keeper league seem to have a problem holding people who can't help them now.

I would say so. You'll need the number 1 or 2 waiver though. And I am happy to say I just snatched LaPorta. Managers in my keeper league seem to have a problem holding people who can't help them now.

You are very lucky my friend. I already checked yahoo and of course he's not listed, but I expected that. I would target him as fast as I could. Good Luck to all in trying to snag him.

LaPorta is not in the starting lineup tonight for Double-A Huntsville.

I have a really good feeling that we are going to get an announcement shortly.

I have a really good feeling that we are going to get an announcement shortly.

I think it's a done deal, and i'm pretty torn on it. I already had plans of getting a Laporta jersey and watching him mash as a Brewer. B) But it will definitly be fun to have CC pitching for us too.

i think the brewers would end up with 5 first round picks next year meaning that they are giving up very little

if this deal involves everyone we are expecting im predicting this is a trade that works out for both teams long term and short term---still think MIL misses the playoffs though

Anybody can get an MLBlog, point is I need more then that to believe this as anything more then obscure message board/blog "rumors"

I think it's a done deal, and i'm pretty torn on it. I already had plans of getting a Laporta jersey and watching him mash as a Brewer. B) But it will definitly be fun to have CC pitching for us too.

I actually think this is a great move for the city and the franchise. You guys have plenty of bats with the club and down in the farm. If the Rockies can do what they did last year and come out of nowhere, why not give it a shot? Sheets and Sabathia is one heck of a 1-2 combo if you guys can make the playoffs, nobody will want to face that tandem. If you guys can stabilize the bully with one more quality arm, you guys will be scary.

I hope this trade goes down. I need his bat in my lineup. Can't wait to see what kind of numbers he's going to put up.

what are the feelings in cleveland

first lebron says he loves new york and brooklyn is his favorite borough and now your ace is potentially on the move

seeing a lot of happy MIL people....

Is LaPorta a must claim with a #1 WP in dynasty and keeper leagues or does one wait for Price or cross their fingers that Weiters will get the call this year in September. Laporta over McCutchen?

Did Milwaukee have a negotiation window with CC or will they take the compensation as a worst case scenario come the off-season?

I hope this trade goes down. I need his bat in my lineup. Can't wait to see what kind of numbers he's going to put up.

Same here. I need another OF with Francoeur nothing hitting along with Murphey.

I actually think this is a great move for the city and the franchise. You guys have plenty of bats with the club and down in the farm. If the Rockies can do what they did last year and come out of nowhere, why not give it a shot? Sheets and Sabathia is one heck of a 1-2 combo if you guys can make the playoffs, nobody will want to face that tandem. If you guys can stabilize the bully with one more quality arm, you guys will be scary.

Oh for sure. If it would have been any other player besides Laporta I would be exstatic, although I do have Laporta in my dynasty league and could use his bat sooner than later. B) Is there any chance we could resign him next year? I know he's gonna demand a ton, but if Sheets walks and Cameron and Gagne don't need to be resigned, that could free up a lot of money. Also when does Suppan's big contract expire?

So are just going to assume that The Indians will call-up him up once the deal is done?

Let's see... Double A experience only and he's going to make an impact this year?

Don't think so... settle down on the pick up LaPorta hype.

Heck, Gamel may be a better true hitter and he's on the same Double team!

Let's see... Double A experience only and he's going to make an impact this year?

Don't think so... settle down on the pick up LaPorta hype.

Heck, Gamel may be a better true hitter and he's on the same Double team!

BLASPHEM!

Is LaPorta a must claim with a #1 WP in dynasty and keeper leagues or does one wait for Price or cross their fingers that Weiters will get the call this year in September. Laporta over McCutchen?

Did Milwaukee have a negotiation window with CC or will they take the compensation as a worst case scenario come the off-season?

Jonze, I wasn't going to answer this because it affects my team being that I'm right behind you @ #2. However, I will give you my honest option because I am that kind of guy B) . It really depends on your team. If you can use the bat, he's definitely worth grabbing. Yes, IMHO, he's a much sexier catch than MCutchen. If you need SP, then I would suggest waiting on Price.

Knowing what your team looks like, I would suggest LaPorta. You have BJ Upton and Carlos Lee (Few more good years left) to build around. Not to mention Maybin waiting in the wings.

Being that you currently roster Scherzer, Bailey & Miller, I would suggest that LaPorta would fit your team much better than Price. Besides the fact that Weiters chances of making it to the big leagues this year are very slim to say the least, you already have 2 strong catchers.

I hope this helps....

Mo' Fuggers

Speaking of Gamel, I wonder if the Brewers will now move him off 3rd and experiment with "hiding" him in the OF now that the Braun/Hart/LaPorta logjam would no longer be blocking him.

Speaking of Gamel, I wonder if the Brewers will now move him off 3rd and experiment with "hiding" him in the OF now that the Braun/Hart/LaPorta logjam would no longer be blocking him.

They would have to do something, it's obvious he can't cut it at third. It's too bad we have all the beastly bats that aren't just bad at their positions, but they are downright awful.

BLASPHEM!

You think so?

Mat Gamel:

344 AB, 15 HR, 75 RBI, 70 R, .381 BA... 62K... OBP .443, SLG .637

Matt LaPorta:

296 AB, 20 HR, 66 RBI, 55 R, .291 BA... 62K... OBP .404, SLG .584

You think so?

Mat Gamel:

344 AB, 15 HR, 75 RBI, 70 R, .381 BA... 62K

Matt LaPorta:

296 AB, 20 HR, 66 RBI, 55 R, .291 BA... 62K

I agree, I own both in my dynasty. Sometimes people just look at name power vs. actual raw #'s, Gamel is a solid high-upside hitter, albeit at this point w/out a true position. Once, if, LaPorta gets traded that will change. I do think, however, LaPorta long-term has more 'Superstar' potential.