Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rollobobo

The Must-Own Matt LaPorta Thread

My dumbass dropped him in my keeper league........But i did pick up Price.

My dumbass dropped him in my keeper league........But i did pick up Price.

How could either of these guys not be owned? B)

I would guess that LaPorta will be brought up no later then August 1. I think the Indians should bring him up now and be done with it. He's ready, and I don't know if the Indians are really going anywhere. I hope my home town Cubs now make a move and pick someone up. (Rich Harden please B) )

Is Laprta actually going to be on the big league club? He was just drafted last year and is coming from AA.

I would guess that LaPorta will be brought up no later then August 1. I think the Indians should bring him up now and be done with it. He's ready, and I don't know if the Indians are really going anywhere. I hope my home town Cubs now make a move and pick someone up. (Rich Harden please B) )

G'luck there, the Cubs minor league system is a joke.

Is Laprta actually going to be on the big league club? He was just drafted last year and is coming from AA.

There's no doubt in my mind that he's arriving in '08. The Indians are not going anywhere so why not give the kids everyday ABs in the bigs?

You guys really think Laporta will be up that fast? I hope you're right.

Hidden

So....

My NL redraft 5x5 team has been struck by the injury bug.

I can pick up LaPorta if I move FAST, but I have to drop one of the following: Milledge, Dukes, Francoeur, Bowker, Edmonds. I also have Soriano and McLouth as OF-eligible, but they're not going anywhere. Who would you drop for Laporta, and why? Or would you stand pat. Thanks.

True but he does have the college experience which can help move players through the minors alot faster.

Hidden
So....

I can pick up LaPorta if I move FAST, but I have to drop one of the following: Milledge, Dukes, Francoeur, Bowker, Edmonds. I also have Soriano and McLouth as OF-eligible, but they're not going anywhere. Who would you drop for Laporta, and why? Or would you stand pat. Thanks.

Drop Dukes. He's going to be out for 4-6 weeks anyway.

is he worth a pick up in a non keeper redraft league

I get you have better options available. The guy is in AA and the Indians will probably keep him in their minor league system for a while. Don't get over excited.

Is this guy any good or just over-hyped on the forum like Davis?

So....

You can pick up LaPorta in an NL-only league and get the stats he puts up for the Indians? I think I'm missing something, or that's a seriously goofy league rule.

Anyway, I would cut Edmonds.

Is this guy any good or just over-hyped on the forum like Davis?

According to most prospect lists and his stats he's good. That's about all I can give you since I don't watch any Minor league games.

G'luck there, the Cubs minor league system is a joke.

Its not as bad as you think...Pie, Marshall, Gallager, Cedeno, JOse Ceda, Donald Veal, and others. Its not as good as it used to be...but we have pieces. We could try couldn't we?!? B)

Matt LaPorta is going to be a stud. I can't wait for him to be called up to the Indians, establish himself as a 40 home run superstar, and then leave to sign a huge free agent contract with the Yankees or Red Sox!

Baseball....I love this game!

According to most prospect lists and his stats he's good. That's about all I can give you since I don't watch any Minor league games.

I want the dude with 30+ homers already this year to get called up instead. Dallas McPherson

Matt LaPorta is going to be a stud. I can't wait for him to be called up to the Indians, establish himself as a 40 home run superstar, and then leave to sign a huge free agent contract with the Yankees or Red Sox!

Baseball....I love this game!

LOL come on now, he hasn't even got to Cleveland yet?!? But I get what you mean! B)

You can pick up LaPorta in an NL-only league and get the stats he puts up for the Indians? I think I'm missing something, or that's a seriously goofy league rule.

CBS Sportsline league. As long as LaPorta's listed in the NL (which he currently is), he can be drafted. If a guy's traded to the other league, the current owner can keep his stats. If the owner dorps him, however, no one can pick him up since he's now in the other league.

Hmmm...one suggestion is to cut Dukes (out for 4-6); another is to cut Edmonds. Edmonds is batting about .300 as a Cub and killing the ball at Wrigley. Dukes is out till early to mid August. Some say LaPorta won't be up until Aug. 1, so he may beat him by a couple of weeks.

Unfortunately, that fore-mentioned injury-riddled team also has Zimmerman on the bench.

Any other suggestions?

I want the dude with 30+ homers already this year to get called up instead. Dallas McPherson

Lol there is a reason he's 28 years old and still in the minors. But who knows he'll get a shot and maybe he'll make something of it this time.

Lol there is a reason he's 28 years old and still in the minors. But who knows he'll get a shot and maybe he'll make something of it this time.

O he sick

Maybe he could pick up LaPorta and be rewarded with Sabathia when the trade became 100% official.

Dropped Wieters for him in my dynasty league. Got Fausto and Dallas in my other farm spots...