Sign in to follow this  
thusanaysayer

Marquese Chriss 2019-2020 Outlook

Chriss has shown some life in the preseason.. what do you guys think, solid end of bench rotation until Willie returns?  Anyone know when Willie is due back?

Lmao. He's not good. Don't fall for the "Terrence Jones" trap.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Former lottery pick who has flashed great upside his first couple of years in the league, now potentially playing (maybe starting) for a team that has turned Javale McGee's career around and trying to earn his way back into the league?

You can do a whole lot worse with a last round flier. 

4 minutes ago, theantishere said:

You can do a whole lot worse with a last round flier. 

No. No you can't lol.

• Haha 1

Close thread. I don't have the energy left for this guy anymore. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

he's surprised the hell out of me so far, but probably worth noting he doesn't even have a contract with us yes, like, not even a 2 way deal

I'm in.

Are you?

• Like 2

fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me.

fool me three times...ah f it, let's goooooo! All aboard again.

• Haha 2

Currently Marquese Chriss does not have a guaranteed roster spot on the Warriors but not only do I expect him to earn a spot, I also expect him to start to begin the season as Willie Cauley-Stein and Kevon Looney are not healthy as of right now. Chriss has clearly exceeded expectations so far in the preseason and I know it's the preseason but I've been watching this team closely for several years and I can tell you that his skillset is going to fit in very well with this team: the athleticism, his ability to rebound, catch lobs, play the pick-and-roll, shoot a little bit, and the most surprising part is his passing ability in the pick and roll and in dribble handoffs (12 assists in about 65 minutes of preseason so far). Kerr loves bigs that can pass and I see an uptick in Chriss' assists. He's definitely going to have a role on this team, the question is who gets cut in favour of him. My guess is McKinnie because he has a non-guaranteed deal and he has not been playing well this preseason.

I know people want a joke that it's Marquese Chriss but he's going to play minutes at least to begin the year and we already know that when he plays he puts up numbers, just like Terrence Jones. The difference is that Terrence Jones didn't get consistent minutes (recent years) whereas GSW has no good centers other than Looney who is injured and the team prefers not to start, so Chriss has a role already, that can change once WCS returns but until then he should play consistent minutes. And it's not like WCS is some stud so if Chriss kept the starting spot I wouldn't be shocked. What I am confident in is that he puts up good numbers at least until WCS is back. So I would definitely draft him late or pick him up off the wire and then reassess later.

• Like 4

I think the only impact Chriss will have on fantasy this year is hurt looney and WCSs value. I don't think any C in GS is worth owing period, unless you count Draymond. 

Elite physical gifts but nothing between the ears. 

If any team can extract his talent, it's GSW. He's worth a flier in deeper leagues.

• Like 3

Just for the sake of seeing how this plays out, why the !@#$! not!  I'm on this bandwagon then will quickly jump off if he shats the bed 😄

He got the roster spot ahead of Alfonzo McKinnie, and I heard in Dunc'don that his D has improved. Considering GS has zero depth, I would consider picking up the guy if you have someone to cut.  

man this dude has a ton of talent. He's been great today

1 hour ago, Quazza said:

man this dude has a ton of talent. He's been great today

Anything to get curious- about here? Its the grizzlies, so I'm no-t sure if he's worth the grab? Limited minutes compared to WCS

Took a flier on this guy but not sure if he's good long-term.

Any thoughts between him, Paschall, Robinson, and WCS?

1 hour ago, wisegeeks said:

Looney is returning soon, so it's about to get a lil more crowded.

2 hours ago, wisegeeks said: