COBBLEPOT

Demar Derozan 2019-2020 Outlook

Another game, another below average performance from DeRozan. In 10 games this season he's reached his scoring average in my points league from last season just twice. Every one of his stats is down from last season except turnovers. This dude is such a disappointment 😒

6 minutes ago, stay_woke said:

Another game, another below average performance from DeRozan. In 10 games this season he's reached his scoring average in my points league from last season just twice. Every one of his stats is down from last season except turnovers. This dude is such a disappointment 😒

I've been trying to get rid of him but he's not really doing any favors.

3 hours ago, stay_woke said:

tried to tell u earlier in the thread

he was already trending down post ASB last year 

5 hours ago, COBBLEPOT said:

tried to tell u earlier in the thread

he was already trending down post ASB last year 

In the first post in this thread you said you thought he would return 4th round value and he's ranked 130 in 9-cat, so I don't really know why you're hitting me with the 'I told you so'. 

Thankfully I play in a points league where he has been a bit better but still underperforming relative to ADP. I'm starting to send out offers to see if anyone wants to pay for the name value. Does anyone have any reason to be optimistic that he turns it around? Or is this just 2019-20 DeRozan we're seeing?

1 hour ago, stay_woke said:

In the first post in this thread you said you thought he would return 4th round value and he's ranked 130 in 9-cat, so I don't really know why you're hitting me with the 'I told you so'. 

Thankfully I play in a points league where he has been a bit better but still underperforming relative to ADP. I'm starting to send out offers to see if anyone wants to pay for the name value. Does anyone have any reason to be optimistic that he turns it around? Or is this just 2019-20 DeRozan we're seeing?

yea i was being overly optimistic and that was a best case scenario 

i think what we’re seeing is what we’re gunna get ros 

hope i’m wrong tho 

I was going to look for target for my punt 3s team, and thought that DeRozan might be a great target, but after reading this thread, it seems like everyone is down or pissed off at DeRozan, why is that? sorry I have never followed the Spurs nor owned DeRozan. I was thinking sending my Conley for DeRozan but I am hesitant after reading this thread hahaha

1 hour ago, t0087669 said:

I was going to look for target for my punt 3s team, and thought that DeRozan might be a great target, but after reading this thread, it seems like everyone is down or pissed off at DeRozan, why is that? sorry I have never followed the Spurs nor owned DeRozan. I was thinking sending my Conley for DeRozan but I am hesitant after reading this thread hahaha

Ignore the comments. DD is what he is, a boring but effective player. Gives you nice %'s, free throws, points and can grab some boards and dimes. Not a 3 point threat at all and turns the ball over a bit. Also, it's been like 10 games its wrong to write off players 

Trade talks of Demar being traded to Orlando. Assuming this happens and San Antonio doesnt get a small forward in return, who do we think picks up Demars minutes? Who is the main beneficiary fantasy wise from San Antonio? Is there anyone specific from Orlando that the Spurs may swap Demar for?

Edited by Dirty Little Birdie

30 minutes ago, Dirty Little Birdie said:

Trade talks of Demar being traded to Orlando. Assuming this happens and San Antonio doesnt get a small forward in return, who do we think picks up Demars minutes? Who is the main beneficiary fantasy wise from San Antonio? Is there anyone specific from Orlando that the Spurs may swap Demar for?

lol too damn early to speculate anything. I'll just be upset that he goes from 11 playoff games to 10 lol

30 minutes ago, Dirty Little Birdie said:

I gotta imagine one of AG or Fournier get sent back to the Spurs? Idk if the Magic are ready to give up on AG tho since he is still pretty young. Maybe just a salary dump for the spurs and go ahead and tank and start a rebuild?

5 hours ago, Aloon33 said:

Ignore the comments. DD is what he is, a boring but effective player. Gives you nice %'s, free throws, points and can grab some boards and dimes. Not a 3 point threat at all and turns the ball over a bit. Also, it's been like 10 games its wrong to write off players 

DD is decent in points league, but for everything else he should not drafted in the top 80. All popcorn stats. No stocks whatsoever. A glorified old-Wiggins

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, vyun said:

DD is decent in points league, but for everything else he should not drafted in the top 80. All popcorn stats. No stocks whatsoever. A glorified old-Wiggins

his ranks since 2015 in 9cat leagues are: 50th, 42th, 47th, 45th 😜

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Chrizz said:

his ranks since 2015 in 9cat leagues are: 50th, 42th, 47th, 45th 😜

That's irrelevant...DD will never be the reason you win a league. Have some critical thinking skills and analyze who is valuable or not yourself, don't just rely on outside rankings

2 minutes ago, vyun said:

That's irrelevant...DD will never be the reason you win a league. Have some critical thinking skills and analyze who is valuable or not yourself, don't just rely on outside rankings

lol ok

48 minutes ago, vyun said:

His season rankings for the past four years are irrelevant? Lmao wut? 

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, stay_woke said:

His season rankings for the past four years are irrelevant? Lmao wut? 

You don't win your league by having the most players in the top 50 or whatever of the "player rater." The PR is best used as a resource for newbies who don't know the players well enough. I say this again - develop some critical thinking skills and learn how to assess a player's true worth on your own without relying on what other people say

5 minutes ago, vyun said:

You don't win your league by having the most players in the top 50 or whatever of the "player rater." The PR is best used as a resource for newbies who don't know the players well enough. I say this again - develop some critical thinking skills and learn how to assess a player's true worth on your own without relying on what other people say

Can u share your team? I would like to learn from your critical thinking ways. DD and all players will depend on your team buildup. While he does lack stocks, he provides fg%, ft%, assists, points, boards. Again it depends on your build.

3 hours ago, vyun said:

so you would draft 80 players ahead of Derozan who finished last season with 20/6/6 1 steal and 0.5 blks, 48fg% 83ft% on high volume? Are you trollin? He was elite in punt 3s h2h builds and roto too if you got some 3point shooter. 

Just now, Chrizz said:

so you would draft 80 players ahead of Derozan who finished last season with 20/6/6 1 steal and 0.5 blks, 48fg% 83ft% on high volume? Are you trollin? He was elite in punt 3s h2h builds and roto too if you got some 3point shooter. 

Bro you gotta develop those critical thinking skills tho....

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, stay_woke said:

I gotta imagine one of AG or Fournier get sent back to the Spurs? Idk if the Magic are ready to give up on AG tho since he is still pretty young. Maybe just a salary dump for the spurs and go ahead and tank and start a rebuild?

Fournier doesn't really seem to fit the Spurs. I feel like Gordon fits pretty perfectly though. But I can't imagine they can pull him from Orlando without giving up more. I feel like trying to get Vucevic makes sense, but, again, they'd have to give way more up. I don't really see why they'd be giving up Demar, they probably value his game more than any other team would.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, DezedandConfused said:

Can u share your team? I would like to learn from your critical thinking ways. DD and all players will depend on your team buildup. While he does lack stocks, he provides fg%, ft%, assists, points, boards. Again it depends on your build.

Like I said, that's decent for points leagues but otherwise really meh. FT% is good but declining in FTA every year. FG% last year was an anomaly with respect to the rest of his career. The rest are fluff stats that you should be able to get from players who give you real meat stats while still putting up decent P R A. DD is a solid glue guy, but not a gamechanger. It is not hard to find 70 players more valuable

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, miasma16 said:

Fournier doesn't really seem to fit the Spurs. I feel like Gordon fits pretty perfectly though. But I can't imagine they can pull him from Orlando without giving up more. I feel like trying to get Vucevic makes sense, but, again, they'd have to give way more up. I don't really see why they'd be giving up Demar, they probably value his game more than any other team would.

They’ll move Gordon in a heartbeat. Magic have Fultz and Isaac to build around and Vuc is still going strong. AG has a bad contract and is underachieving. I’d move him for DD any day 

I feel like a Kyrie disciple when I read a critical thinking reply to a user named stay_woke.

Demar isn't for everyone I feel. Some like certain builds more than others and Demar fits teams that would like to ensure that they lock down ft% every week because it has little variance week to week with decent fg% and popcorn stats with the added playmaking.

How do you guys feel about the rumors that the Magic is interested in acquiring him?

Edited by OxyBubbleMan
You guys think it is Gordon and not Bamba and Fournier?
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, vyun said:

Like I said, that's decent for points leagues but otherwise really meh. FT% is good but declining in FTA every year. FG% last year was an anomaly with respect to the rest of his career. The rest are fluff stats that you should be able to get from players who give you real meat stats while still putting up decent P R A. DD is a solid glue guy, but not a gamechanger. It is not hard to find 70 players more valuable

Hes averaging better fg% than last season with the same amount of ft attempts. A lil too early to say last season was an anomaly. Also have to account for durability, he's missed less than 20 games combined the past 4 seasons.

Edited by DezedandConfused