COBBLEPOT

Demar Derozan 2019-2020 Outlook

2 minutes ago, Aloon33 said:

They’ll move Gordon in a heartbeat. Magic have Fultz and Isaac to build around and Vuc is still going strong. AG has a bad contract and is underachieving. I’d move him for DD any day 

I was just trying to figure out what SA would want from their roster based on their preferences, but DeRozan is utterly worthless to Orlando imo. They're not competing and he's on the wrong side of 30.

1 minute ago, miasma16 said:

I was just trying to figure out what SA would want from their roster based on their preferences, but DeRozan is utterly worthless to Orlando imo. They're not competing and he's on the wrong side of 30.

LOL what are you talking about? Orlando has zero offense and Demar would help that. He can score 20 plus on any night, knows the East well and is a decent playmaker. He’s 30 hardly on “the wrong side” 

6 minutes ago, Aloon33 said:

LOL what are you talking about? Orlando has zero offense and Demar would help that. He can score 20 plus on any night, knows the East well and is a decent playmaker. 

They're not making playoffs by adding Demar Derozan. Trading literally anything for him doesn't benefit their team. Compiling young assets and picks does.

6 minutes ago, Aloon33 said:

He’s 30 hardly on “the wrong side” 

Uh, legitimate question, is English not your first language? "Wrong side of [age]" is an extremely common expression.

16 minutes ago, DezedandConfused said:

Hes averaging better fg% than last season with the same amount of ft attempts. A lil too early to say last season was an anomaly. Also have to account for durability, he's missed less than 20 games combined the past 4 seasons.

It's been 10 games, to early to say. Perhaps the spurs system will help him maintain his FG%, we will see. And you're right about durability, I'll give you that, it is definitely a plus in his favor. But when you're in the second week of the finals, durability does not win you the chip, raw stats do. Maybe DD can help you get to the playoffs, but he will never be the reason you win the whole thing

17 minutes ago, vyun said:

It's been 10 games, to early to say. Perhaps the spurs system will help him maintain his FG%, we will see. And you're right about durability, I'll give you that, it is definitely a plus in his favor. But when you're in the second week of the finals, durability does not win you the chip, raw stats do. Maybe DD can help you get to the playoffs, but he will never be the reason you win the whole thing

Interesting take. I won last year with DeRozan and I thought he was one of the big reasons why. He was pretty solid for me throughout the year and I loved his durability.  I mean he wasn’t the only reason why I did well, after all I did have an entire roster of other guys. Perhaps I gave him way too much credit. Anyways thankyou for the insight and if I ever do roster him again I’ll be sure to drop him if I make it to the finals. 

• Haha 1

Fact is Murray and Derozan can’t play together if they both aren’t shooting 3s. Who do you think the Spurs would be willing to move?  They’re not going anywhere with their current roster.  Aldridge should be on the block too.

2 hours ago, claptondecheeks said:

Is there anything to the trade rumors?

71906319_1433465206803670_32595842544173

Dejounte Murray just unfollowed the Spurs and several Spurs players. DeMar DeRozan cleared out his entire Instagram, just like he did, when he was traded from the Raptors. 👀👀👀

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Quazza said:

71906319_1433465206803670_32595842544173

Dejounte Murray just unfollowed the Spurs and several Spurs players. DeMar DeRozan cleared out his entire Instagram, just like he did, when he was traded from the Raptors. 👀👀👀

They're not/can't trade Murray bc they just extended him? But I saw people saying DeRozan does that regularly. I guess the Spurs are pretty secretive so we won't know until it's done.

9 minutes ago, COBBLEPOT said:

he basically made a three yesterday .. his foot was on the line so it counted as a 2

So he basically didn't. So much for all that taking 3's talk.

As far as this dude going to another team. I mean yeah it's pretty clear that they need to move him. Spacing is just horrible and he's been pretty bad on defense...maybe it's just the Spurs have been bad idk, but he sure isn't helping there. Issue is where is he gonna go? High volume guard/wing who can't space the floor and clogs things up. Sure the dude can score the ball but he's just an odd fit for many teams due to the range limitations at his position. He obviously has to go to a team where there are plenty of shooters around him. 

38 minutes ago, HK-47 said:

As far as this dude going to another team. I mean yeah it's pretty clear that they need to move him. Spacing is just horrible and he's been pretty bad on defense...maybe it's just the Spurs have been bad idk, but he sure isn't helping there. Issue is where is he gonna go? High volume guard/wing who can't space the floor and clogs things up. Sure the dude can score the ball but he's just an odd fit for many teams due to the range limitations at his position. He obviously has to go to a team where there are plenty of shooters around him. 

Sounds like Portland. Pair him up with Melo for the bench role.

2 minutes ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

Sounds like Portland. Pair him up with Melo for the bench role.

But Portland isn't good don't see why they would trade assets for him.

The spurs may be losing because Forbes is a huge net negative. His offense doesn't offset his defense and other teams play right through him. Pop is probably the greatest NBA coach ever but he may have lost his mind this year. There's father time and then there's grandfather time. 

34 minutes ago, johnval1362 said:

The spurs may be losing because Forbes is a huge net negative. His offense doesn't offset his defense and other teams play right through him. Pop is probably the greatest NBA coach ever but he may have lost his mind this year. There's father time and then there's grandfather time. 

But they need him for spacing to make DD + LMA work.

37 minutes ago, claptondecheeks said:

But they need him for spacing to make DD + LMA work.

That's the myth. He doesn't space the floor as much people think there was an article on that a week or so ago. 3 and D works for floor spacing, 3 and here's a free basket to whoever Forbes is guarding doesn't. I just don't think his minor floor spacing would be better than white and Murray next to each other. Rudy gay would be a much better choice than Forbes. Could be wrong but +/- usually is pretty accurate and the spurs garbage record with LMA and DeRozan playing the way they're expected means theres something wrong going on. I really believe they're better off with less floor spacing and more defense, in this one particular case since Forbes is atrocious on D and only good for 3 pointers and nothing else. Pops wrong this year... thats all I can say as crazy as that sounds. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, HK-47 said:

So he basically didn't. So much for all that taking 3's talk.

str8 idiot 

7 minutes ago, COBBLEPOT said:

str8 idiot 

Nah just keeping it real. 

Edited by HK-47