COBBLEPOT

Taurean Prince 2019-2020 Outlook

am i crazy to believe dude is primed for a breakout season?

with kd injured, i think people are sleeping on his potential to fill his shoes, if only for a year.

going undrafted in most leagues, but i won’t be surprised to see him finish top 100 tbh. 

a lot of bodies in brooklyn back court but he should have a better season that last year. Pre season is going pretty well for him too

3 hours ago, atlantadynasty said:

a lot of bodies in brooklyn back court but he should have a better season that last year. Pre season is going pretty well for him too

Not that many suited to play PF though, main guys are basically Prince and Kurucs.

I've been quietly on this guy for a while now, compared to the other 3pt guys he's getting drafted way too low. Finally Josh Lloyd of BBM and Mike Gallagher of RW recently talked about him as well, so I'm expecting his stock to go up. 

For a last round pick I'm extremely happy with what he can give me in points, but mainly I want those high high 3pters. Full disclosure he has pretty high TOs for his role tho. 

His teammates and coaches have been raving about him calling him an x-factor for the team. 

1.8-2 3s/12-14points/4 boards/2.5 assists/1.2 steals

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, DezedandConfused said:

His teammates and coaches have been raving about him calling him an x-factor for the team. 

1.8-2 3s/12-14points/4 boards/2.5 assists/1.2 steals

he’ll have more threes and 1 steal. He’ll up his FG, that’ll make a big rank difference. He drilled 13 threes in just his first three games with them, the system is set up for guys like he and joe Harris to thrive, they revived Carroll’s career. I have him easily pegged at 2.4 Threes.

2 minutes ago, Lifschitz said:

he’ll have more threes and 1 steal. He’ll up his FG, that’ll make a big rank difference. He drilled 13 threes in just his first three games with them, the system is set up for guys like he and joe Harris to thrive, they revived Carroll’s career. I have him easily pegged at 2.4 Threes.

Yea he's been ridiculously efficient in the preseason, my only worry is Atkinson's rotations, no one except for prob kyrie and levert will get more than 30 min. Also like mentioned before his TOs are a lil high for his position.

Edited by DezedandConfused

Top 100 and I’ve drafted him.  But what constitutes a breakout?  Imo there are two many wings who can score in the teens, hit a couple threes, get a few boards and steals, gets a steal for him to differentiate himself.  Eg. I prefer Ingles for his playoff schedule and durability (also assists).  But I prefer prince over Fournier, green, etc 

5 minutes ago, stickman786 said:

20 points per game this year. 

That's a pipe dream. It's far better to be modest with projections than over the top. Wild over the top projections is how you end up reaching for guys and they fail terribly (and so does your team).

Realistically given his history, the amount of shots he'll get within the offense, a projectable line is:

44% FG, 82% FT, 14.5 ppg, 4.2 boards, 2.5 assists, 1 steal, .4 blocks, and about 2.4 3's per (could be a bit less a bit more, I predict more). He's just a perfectly balanced bench player to round out a roster with. All mostly inline with his career numbers, but the 3's will uptick on this team (he's at near 40% on the Hawks at just under 6 attempts, but I see him going over the 40% mark with the Nets and even shooting more volume).

• Like 1

I've never understood the hype around Prince and his potential. But albeit this will probably be his last chance to show he is a starting caliber player. Agree he might be a good end of bench guy this year.

Edited by freddo

18 minutes ago, Lifschitz said:

That's a pipe dream. It's far better to be modest with projections than over the top. Wild over the top projections is how you end up reaching for guys and they fail terribly (and so does your team).

Realistically given his history, the amount of shots he'll get within the offense, a projectable line is:

44% FG, 82% FT, 14.5 ppg, 4.2 boards, 2.5 assists, 1 steal, .4 blocks, and about 2.4 3's per (could be a bit less a bit more, I predict more). He's just a perfectly balanced bench player to round out a roster with. All mostly inline with his career numbers, but the 3's will uptick on this team (he's at near 40% on the Hawks at just under 6 attempts, but I see him going over the 40% mark with the Nets and even shooting more volume).

i got him with my last pick. 

12 hours ago, StifleTower2 said:

Top 100 and I’ve drafted him.  But what constitutes a breakout?  Imo there are two many wings who can score in the teens, hit a couple threes, get a few boards and steals, gets a steal for him to differentiate himself.  Eg. I prefer Ingles for his playoff schedule and durability (also assists).  But I prefer prince over Fournier, green, etc 

Well yea but the difference is the draft position between Ingles and Prince. Ingles is ranked like 80-85 in predraft while Prince is like 130-150

Cobblepot, why is every one of your threads with caps on but there isn't a single uppercase letter in your post?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

He's sitting on my 10 team wire. I'm contemplating picking him up. I owned him 2 years ago and he was very inconsistent.

5 hours ago, DezedandConfused said:

Well yea but the difference is the draft position between Ingles and Prince. Ingles is ranked like 80-85 in predraft while Prince is like 130-150

That's true.  But in most of my drafts Ingles is slept on and can be obtained for $4-5 at auction while typically if you nominate Prince, someone will bid 2, and it takes 3 to get him.  The difference in cost is basically arbitrary.  To my point, if they're going to cost similar amounts I prefer Ingles.  Or Ross, for that matter.  Just two examples.  So while I think Prince will be rosterable, I don't see him differentiating himself from other wings.  

15pts, 2 3's, 2rbs/asts, close to 1stl, 0.5blk, 2+ TOs, and a rollercoaster for an FG%. Classic Taurean

Edited by ellejamil

5 hours ago, MysticPeak said:

Cobblepot, why is every one of your threads with caps on but there isn't a single uppercase letter in your post?

it’s my style 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Per Bobby Marks, the contract is "bonus structured" (like Hield`s). Def. worth a look even in 10-teamers.

Nets look like they're pretty into him. He's definitely worth taking a flier on in the last couple of rounds imo

1 hour ago, BigTime3 said:

Any thoughts Prince vs OG Anunoby, especially when punting assists ?

prince either way .. by far 

5 minutes ago, COBBLEPOT said:

prince either way .. by far 

Cheers. The waiver wire claim is pending

do you think prince in fantasy will get the PF slot? ..right now only has SF

42 minutes ago, 210zdiddy said:

do you think prince in fantasy will get the PF slot? ..right now only has SF

Yep. Very confident. From experience, ESPN are usually slow

Edited by BigTime3