COBBLEPOT

Taurean Prince 2019-2020 Outlook

I'm really hoping for a bounce back year. It helps that defenses don't focus on him anymore.

I've been burned by him in the past, but I believe that  this year he will put everything together.

Yesterday I dropped Anunoby and picked him instead of PJ Washington.

• Like 1

how much FAAB for him if he is currently on waviers? (10team)

Edited by ebonfl0w
detail

literally picked this dude last so I could call my team the Fresh Prince of Beal-Air buuuttttt looks like he can hang around for a little

• Like 1

I play in points leagues. Now I don't know if a fellow owner knows something I don't, but today he offered me Prince for Isaac. I hit accept pretty quickly 

2 minutes ago, Dominator83 said:

I play in points leagues. Now I don't know if a fellow owner knows something I don't, but today he offered me Prince for Isaac. I hit accept pretty quickly 

You got jacked.

I think I would've kept JI as I had him higher on my board going into the season.

Edited by DLG10

Just now, Dominator83 said:

I'm...not sure about that bud

4 minutes ago, ellejamil said:

I'm...not sure about that bud

Ehh. It's points not 9 cat. Issacs minutes are scattered on a team full of ballhogs. Last night he got up 3 shots in 23 minutes. Prince had more than twice as many Fpts 

7 minutes ago, Dominator83 said:

source.gif

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Dominator83 said:

Ehh. It's points not 9 cat. Issacs minutes are scattered on a team full of ballhogs. Last night he got up 3 shots in 23 minutes. Prince had more than twice as many Fpts 

Look his minutes aren't scattered. He was in foul trouble 

10 minutes ago, Dominator83 said:

How are your points scored? Because if I remember correctly, 3s, blks, and stls have the most number of points, which in case tilts the trade in Isaac's favor

1 minute ago, ellejamil said:

How are your points scored? Because if I remember correctly, 3s, blks, and stls have the most number of points, which in case tilts the trade in Isaac's favor

2 points for ast/blk/steal. +1 for every 3pm. -1 for to and mft. 4 PT bonus for DD.  Last night Prince had 44 and Isaac had 18. 

Now maybe Isaac turns into a stud and I got robbed here. It's possible. But by our scoring standards, he's been bad since after the 3rd PS game. And considering the only 2 good Fs I have are Collins and Covington, I need a guy that's gonna be stable, not star one night and scrub the next. Nights like last night where he took 3 shots in 23 minutes will kill you. And the magic won, which will further encourage their ballhogs to do their thing. 

But, you guys seem to know your stuff so I probably lost this one lol

16 minutes ago, Dominator83 said:

2 points for ast/blk/steal. +1 for every 3pm. -1 for to and mft. 4 PT bonus for DD.  Last night Prince had 44 and Isaac had 18. 

Now maybe Isaac turns into a stud and I got robbed here. It's possible. But by our scoring standards, he's been bad since after the 3rd PS game. And considering the only 2 good Fs I have are Collins and Covington, I need a guy that's gonna be stable, not star one night and scrub the next. Nights like last night where he took 3 shots in 23 minutes will kill you. And the magic won, which will further encourage their ballhogs to do their thing. 

Okay, I thought 3's were a total of 5pts before (combined 3PM and pts). I could understand how you want a higher nightly floor production, and honestly a lot of their valuation are based on projected stats and not much history to go on. Having said that, I think Isaac has a higher ceiling than Prince because of his game and the lack of offensive options (after Vuc) in ORL. Not as lopsided as I initially thought, but I would have rather had Isaac.

Edited by ellejamil
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Dominator83 said:

I love Prince I have him in both money leagues, but he gave you that huge night based on a double double (which he rarely gets), and 2 blocks. Now he could maintain a higher rebounding rate this year, but not to the tune of consistent double doubles. Basically the guy's thinking who traded is you is I sell high and buy low. You'll over react on 1 game of Isaac playing bad, but when Isaac has 4 block 3 steal 3 threes games, he'll be laughing. 

I'm actually not even an Isaac fan, I think he's massively overrated in fantasy; I made the point that Jerami Grant gave you better stats last year and he's not a 5th round ADP, and Isaac has one of the lower usages on the team. That being said, it still doesn't make a lot of sense because he traded you a points and 3's guy for a multi-cat guy. 

I guess the issue is if Prince ever has a down period, he won't be able to give you any additional points, whereas Isaac even in bad games gets you points. 

Edited by Lifschitz

1 minute ago, ellejamil said:

Okay, I thought 3's were a total of 5pts before (combined 3PM and pts). I could understand how you want a higher nightly floor production, and honestly a lot of their valuation are based on projected stats and not much history to go on. Having said that, I think Isaac has a higher ceiling than Prince because of his game and the lack of offensive options (after Vuc) in ORL.

Well the problem with Orlando is, guys like Fournier and Gordon think they're options!

• Haha 1

I dropped Isaac after 9 minutes of watching him for Vanvleet lol. Just from eye test, we'll see.

18 minutes ago, Twizman said:

I dropped Isaac after 9 minutes of watching him for Vanvleet lol. Just from eye test, we'll see.

it sounds like you’re either in a shallow league or your league sucks, fvv shouldn’t be on any wire 

5 minutes ago, Lifschitz said:

it sounds like you’re either in a shallow league or your league sucks, fvv shouldn’t be on any wire 

I was pretty shocked no-one picked him up yeah, in 10 teamer.

1 hour ago, Lifschitz said:

I love Prince I have him in both money leagues, but he gave you that huge night based on a double double (which he rarely gets), and 2 blocks. Now he could maintain a higher rebounding rate this year, but not to the tune of consistent double doubles. Basically the guy's thinking who traded is you is I sell high and buy low. You'll over react on 1 game of Isaac playing bad, but when Isaac has 4 block 3 steal 3 threes games, he'll be laughing. 

I'm actually not even an Isaac fan, I think he's massively overrated in fantasy; I made the point that Jerami Grant gave you better stats last year and he's not a 5th round ADP, and Isaac has one of the lower usages on the team. That being said, it still doesn't make a lot of sense because he traded you a points and 3's guy for a multi-cat guy. 

I guess the issue is if Prince ever has a down period, he won't be able to give you any additional points, whereas Isaac even in bad games gets you points. 

Yea the thing too is though, in points leagues, having a handful of stocks doesn't make up for lack of volume scoring. If that was the case, then Jarrett Allen wouldn't still be sitting on the wire. I know that in category guys like that are golden. But he had 18 fantasy points. Anything under 30 is considered a bad game. Under 35 is meh. For comparison sake, Marcus Morris had 40 last night and he's still sitting on the wire! 

But back to Prince, again, I think he'll get you 30+ fantasy points a night just by virtue of his large minutes 

2 hours ago, Dominator83 said:

You gotta change your name now chief

17 hours ago, kobeskillz said:

are you kidding me on the break out year or on the worth a pick up?

I was shocked that he was dropped. But last night in my league Ayton`s owner dropped him, so...

If i have N2 waiver order i will take the risk and wait. But as Prince owner i think he will finish top 75, for sure :)

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Twizman said:

I was pretty shocked no-one picked him up yeah, in 10 teamer.

Both of FVV and JI should be easily owned in a 10 teamer... 

Give Isaac a couple of games

16 hours ago, Dominator83 said:

Yea the thing too is though, in points leagues, having a handful of stocks doesn't make up for lack of volume scoring. If that was the case, then Jarrett Allen wouldn't still be sitting on the wire. I know that in category guys like that are golden. But he had 18 fantasy points. Anything under 30 is considered a bad game. Under 35 is meh. For comparison sake, Marcus Morris had 40 last night and he's still sitting on the wire! 

But back to Prince, again, I think he'll get you 30+ fantasy points a night just by virtue of his large minutes 

No way he gets over 30+ a night based on scoring. I think he'll average around 24-26 for the year. fantasy points. 

11 minutes ago, kobeskillz said:

No way he gets over 30+ a night based on scoring. I think he'll average around 24-26 for the year. fantasy points. 

You could be right. It wouldnt surprise me at all if trading Isaac for Prince turns out to be trash for trash. JI is way overrated around here, atleast for points leagues. I still have him in my other league and zero plans to start him next week even with 4 games. 

Another guy I saw getting way overrated here is Covington. People were drafting him 5th round. Dude put up 26 fantasy points in an overtime game. Again, anything under 30 a night is WW material in a 10 team league. I drafted him at #114 in one league, got him for $3 in auction in another. That appears to be far more his appropriate value

Edited by Dominator83