Walk with me

2019-2020 DO NOT DRAFT!!!! LIST

Maybe this thread already exists but I haven’t seen it. Thought it would be helpful for those who haven’t drafted their official team yet.

Edited by Walk with me

I don't have a DND list. There are guys I won't take at their current ADP, sure. But every player becomes a value at some point.

• Like 7

There are DND lists, and there are semantics about what is a DND list. We should all be comfortable putting up our "I don't really want these guys" lists and put them in a DND thread.

I'm in 9-cat 12 team roto, I have never ever drafted Russ Westbrook - got him preranked about 45-50 and he will go 2nd-3rd round.

I almost never draft:

LBJ

Deandre Jordan

Ben Simmons

Drummond

DeRozan

Blake Giffin

Kuzma

• Like 7

13 minutes ago, Del Rio said:

I don't have a DND list. There are guys I won't take at their current ADP, sure. But every player becomes a value at some point.

facts

Luka, Fox, Zion until they prove ADP. 

Russ for inefficiency. Griffin, KP, CP3 - can't stay healthy,  

As much as it pains me to say it....

Vince Carter 

• Haha 1

I only play roto, so guys i wont draft this year : Horford, Gallinari (ever), Blake Griffin, LBJ, Westbrick, KLove, and any horrific ft shooters.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Del Rio said:

Yes, that is also what I do.

13 hours ago, rando said:

There are DND lists, and there are semantics about what is a DND list. We should all be comfortable putting up our "I don't really want these guys" lists and put them in a DND thread.

I'm in 9-cat 12 team roto, I have never ever drafted Russ Westbrook - got him preranked about 45-50 and he will go 2nd-3rd round.

I almost never draft:

LBJ

Deandre Jordan

Ben Simmons

Drummond

DeRozan

Blake Giffin

Kuzma

During last 6-7 seasons I have drafted almost everyone in this list and I play only in two leagues. But I don't play roto, only H2H.

Edited by apatas

13 hours ago, rando said:

I almost never draft:

LBJ

Deandre Jordan

Ben Simmons

Drummond

DeRozan

Blake Giffin

Kuzma

As a roto only player myself this is pretty much my DND list as well, minus DeRozan; I'm fine with having DD on my team in roto. 

I'll add Lonzo and Whiteside to this list

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, apatas said:

During last 6-7 seasons I have drafted almost everyone in this list and I play only in two leagues. But I don't play roto, only H2H.

This is why I specified in the post that it is a roto list. Wiggins is another important one, and I've never drafted John Wall even if this year nobody is. I also usually avoid higher ranked guys who are either inconsistent year to year, like Brook Lopez, or are difficult fits with a balanced roto team like Draymond (not everyone will agree he is a tough fit).

WFK DeRozan was the last guy to make that list... he's an example of a player who is always overdrafted and I never end up with so I don't really give them a lot of thought. But he is a pretty good fit and his FT impact is nice and underappreciated.

3 minutes ago, rando said:

This is why I specified in the post that it is a roto list. Wiggins is another important one, and I've never drafted John Wall even if this year nobody is. I also usually avoid higher ranked guys who are either inconsistent year to year, like Brook Lopez, or are difficult fits with a balanced roto team like Draymond (not everyone will agree he is a tough fit).

WFK DeRozan was the last guy to make that list... he's an example of a player who is always overdrafted and I never end up with so I don't really give them a lot of thought. But he is a pretty good fit and his FT impact is nice and underappreciated.

I've always avoided Derozan in roto as well, his lack of 3s and stocks from the SG position is a killer. You'd basically have to build the rest of your team to cater to these deficiencies and he's not a good enough or cheap enough player to do that with. 

10 hours ago, jay_00 said:

I only play roto, so guys i wont draft this year : Horford, Gallinari (ever), Blake Griffin, LBJ, Westbrick, KLove, and any horrific ft shooters.

Horford? I always thought of him as a perfect roto guy... contributions across the board with high percentages and out of position assists. Perfect glue guy

• Like 2

Staying away from the load management boys (Kawhi, Embiid, Porzingas, Griffin). 

And PG and Dipo since they are already out to start.

13 minutes ago, HispasianTuna said:

I have Wiggins on my DND list but I still drafted him 🤐

Bad move, trade him asap. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, NBA_OG said:

Trust me on this-

Andrew Wiggins

Ben Simmons

DeRozan

Hayward

Why DeRozan?

4 minutes ago, StifleTower2 said:

Why DeRozan?

Drafting guards that do not shoot 3s is a recipe for disaster. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, rando said:

DeRozan went in the 60s in the round mound of roto.  At that point it’s just absurd.  He has second round counting stats, average stocks (dunno why he’s perceived as having low stocks by the guy above), elite efficiency.  As he doesn’t shoot threes his FG is a lot higher than other shooting guards would have on similar volume, his FT impact is top 10, and his TO are about average.  I would have taken him and just punted threes.  Brogdon fell instead who I think will have almost as much counting stats, will be more efficient, and not threes.  But I’d consider DeRozan top 50 in 9 cat roto.  Higher if you’re already close to punting.  I had him as my fourth keeper in a roto league that won last year.  Aside from that I rarely draft him.  Not really a target but meh.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, NBA_OG said:

Drafting guards that do not shoot 3s is a recipe for disaster. 

Punt threes or put him at the the SF slot if it makes you feel better. 

Just now, StifleTower2 said:

Punt threes or put him at the the SF slot if it makes you feel better. 

Punt 3s possible. But SF should bomb threes too if you dont punt 3s. You need 3s from the 1-3 position, every position has its responsibilities in order to win the league. 

I've never owned Jimmy Butler. And I never will.  

Almost the same with AD.  I only had AD in 2016/2107 for 3 games and traded him promptly for Kawhi and Jokic and never looked   back that year 🏆🥇

9 minutes ago, NBA_OG said:

Punt 3s possible. But SF should bomb threes too if you dont punt 3s. You need 3s from the 1-3 position, every position has its responsibilities in order to win the league. 

That’s just way too specific.  You can win a roto league punting threes.  You can win one being mediocre in the counting stats while being elite in efficiency.  You can win being slightly below average in threes.  Anything that adds up to 75+ Roto points in a 12 teamer, in any configuration.  

• Like 1