Walk with me

2019-2020 DO NOT DRAFT!!!! LIST

2 hours ago, StifleTower2 said:

I also expect Horford's line to decline slightly re the popcorn stats, especially assists if you look at the preseason.  However, that wasn't why you drafted him anyway.  You draft him for an efficient source of blocks/threes, the assists were a bonus.  No matter what team he has been on, regardless of usage, he has always been 1.1 blocks or above and his threes have has been either 1.1 or 1.3.  Given that he is going to be more of a stretch four, I think his rebounds and FG will drop a little, but threes will go up.  I think this is more likely: 12/6/3 with 1.3 blocks, 1.3 threes, and .8 steals .500/.820/1.5 TO.    If you're going strictly off BBM that will still be a top 50 player, any player who can get a block and a three, and shoot 50/80+ will always finish high on the player rater due to scarcity of blocks and efficiency.  Now if you personally don't appreciate that skillset for whatever reason, that's fine.  He will be top 50 in 9 cat roto.  

Problem with his blocks that youre somehow predicting 1.3 for, hes played center for almost a decade. Its easier to get blocks at center patrolling the paint and giving weak side help. As a PF his blocks should lower if you consider that alotta PF's in todays NBA are stretch fours. Only way i see him get 1.3 is if Embiid sits out half the season.

12 hours ago, StifleTower2 said:

The fact that I have to explain punting to you, the fact that you seem to think punting is more common in roto, and your trigger finger on ad hominem leads me to believe you have 0 roto experience and play 1 friends and family H2H league. 

I never asked you to explain punting, so pat yourself on the back for offering info that some might find relevant while some might yawn at? You talk about showing records? Sure. Since you asked and haven't shown yours, here is what I have and feel free to pm me if you want the actual account, no need to show off. 

Yahoo Fantasy NBA Profile

Play since '00

Rating: 751
Best Season Finish: Gold (2x)
Record: 266-126-10
Winning %: .674

Playoffs are iffy since many stars sit the final 3 weeks and it's a dice toss. But hey, since you're roto focused, I don't really feel like explaining is necessary. You got a record?

8 minutes ago, NBA_OG said:

I never asked you to explain punting, so pat yourself on the back for offering info that some might find relevant while some might yawn at? You talk about showing records? Sure. Since you asked and haven't shown yours, here is what I have and feel free to pm me if you want the actual account, no need to show off. 

Play since '00

Playoffs are iffy since many stars sit the final 3 weeks and it's a dice toss. But hey, since you're roto focused, I don't really feel like explaining is necessary. You got a record?

How are you only a Gold with that win percentage?

13 minutes ago, GriffeySwag said:

Pshhh yeah ask Yahoo. There are guys with ****tier records in my league who are in Platinum? Weird calculation. 

Here are two examples- two Platinum players records (% all worse than mine), yet higher rating. 

• Rating: 891
    Best Season Finish: Platinum (2x)
    Record: 125-71-4
    Winning %: .635

• Rating: 839
  • Best Season Finish: Platinum (5x)
    Record: 227-188-9
    Winning %: .546
Edited by NBA_OG

Agree with Horford.

Ben Simmons, Embiid, Harris, will all be averaging 12-15 shots a game, and all 3 will likely bring in 5-10 rebounds a game.

Horford this season, more than any previous one, now feels like one of those "better in real life than in fantasy " players.

He might have some nice 15 point / 8 reb games when Embiid sits..but I think people drafting him in the Top-60 are going to have stomach aches at least 1-2 times a week.

However, if you see him fall into the mid 70's or 80's, i think he's a fine pick as your 4th - 6th guy, depending on how deep your league is.

EOY Statline Prediction: 11.1 PPG / 5.9 REB / 3.7 AST / 1.1 BLK / 1.0 3PM

This whole topic depedns on your league settings - I only play 9-CAT head to head generally avoid guys that kill you in multiple cats eg

-Westbook - as others have called out, kills both percentages and TO

- Wiggins - just a horrible player all round - high volume inefficiency.

- DSJ - he's a PG version of Wiggins or a mini westbrook ;)

Edited by bkw77

8 hours ago, NBA_OG said:

Play since '00

7 hours ago, GriffeySwag said:

Yahoo rankings are based on an Elo system that grants a higher score to defeating tougher opponents.  You can get a 751 rating on 67% by playing against other inexperience or low rated players.  This profile is of someone who absolutely crushes their free friends and family leagues.

Conversely, the person below has a lower win percentage but a higher rating because he has played against and beat higher level competition.

Who would you rather be?  Doug Polk who has a 58% win rate in 100/200 NL or Joe Malaka who absolutely beasts in his family Skittles league? 

BTW I'm only bringing this up because you started with the ad hominem implying that I've never played H2H lol.  I know there are people with better records than I...still you're a good sport for putting yours up there.  I'm joking about the friends and family leagues, idk what stakes you play.  Either way, I'm a fair person even if salty, and 67% is great!  Kodus. 

Fantasy Basketball(Head to Head)
felo_nba_platinum_mini@3x.png
PLATINUM
Rating
780Platinum820840860880Diamond780Platinum820840860880DiamondYear201520162017201820192020
Overall Performance
Win %
57.5%
Win
-
Loss
-
Tie
Top Level
PLATINUM
x4
Trophies
Teams
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, StifleTower2 said:

Yahoo rankings are based on an Elo system that grants a higher score to defeating tougher opponents.  You can get a 751 rating on 67% by playing against other inexperience or low rated players.  This profile is of someone who absolutely crushes their free friends and family leagues.

Conversely, the person below has a lower win percentage but a higher rating because he has played against and beat higher level competition.

Who would you rather be?  Doug Polk who has a 58% win rate in 100/200 NL or Joe Malaka who absolutely beasts in his family Skittles league? 

BTW I'm only bringing this up because you started with the ad hominem implying that I've never played H2H lol.  I know there are people with better records than I...still you're a good sport for putting yours up there.  I'm joking about the friends and family leagues, idk what stakes you play.  Either way, I'm a fair person even if salty, and 67% is great!  Kodus. 

Fantasy Basketball(Head to Head)
PLATINUM
Rating
780Platinum820840860880Diamond780Platinum820840860880DiamondYear201520162017201820192020

Overall Performance

Win %
57.5%
Win
-
Loss
-
Tie
Top Level
PLATINUM
x4
Trophies
Teams

You know your stuff. My percentage, in my opinion, isn't shabby either. Good luck to you this season in roto. 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, StifleTower2 said:

PLATINUM
Rating

Overall Performance

Win %
57.5%
Win
-
Loss
-
Tie
Top Level
PLATINUM
x4
Trophies
Teams

Stifle, is this your rating? I'm disappointed. I expected to see the first rating ever over 9000.

23 minutes ago, Del Rio said:

Stifle, is this your rating? I'm disappointed. I expected to see the first rating ever over 9000.

Well, I play mostly roto.  I also play on fantrax/espn.  

• Like 1

Congrats on the budding bromance, gentlemen ;)

• Haha 1

Ill draft anyone ranked in the top 120 if they fall a round or two, except for one player who i will avoid at all cost: Andrew Wiggins.

I play 14 team h2h cats on the ESPN platform so DND for me is anyone who is randomly overvalued by ESPN if it doesn't correlate with their 2019 PR finish, off the top of my head:

Simmons

Siakam

Zion

Collins

Randle

Adams

Whiteside

Kanter

You couldn't pay me to draft these guys where ESPN has them currently ranked 

Would not draft Jokic, at least at the #6 spot where he usually goes. Would much rather have Lillard or even Embiid there

3 hours ago, Del Rio said:

spacer.png

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, fabrar said:

Would not draft Jokic, at least at the #6 spot where he usually goes. Would much rather have Lillard or even Embiid there

Explain why?

I have 6th in my draft Saturday (14 man 9 cat H2H) and I am leaning Jokic (but debated going with Dame for a whole week..but now I'm set on Joker) 

My reason of Jokic over Dame and Embiid:

1) Embiid will be lucky to play 65 games....thats a big NOPE from me in a H2H league. I need my first pick to give me 75+ games

2) Dame provides VERY similar stats to Kemba (Kemba gives same points, same rebounds, 1 less assist, same 3's), and Kemba is going around pick 15-20 in most leagues....Dame does not do anything special for a PG to warrant a 6th pick. I got him last year at the turn of my 14 man league.

3) I really value out of position stats, and Jokic is great at assists (higher than Dame even)...and pretty easy to build around

Thoughts?

Edited by crocp

14 minutes ago, crocp said:

Explain why?

I have 6th in my draft Saturday (14 man 9 cat H2H) and I am leaning Jokic (but debated going with Dame for a whole week..but now I'm set on Joker) 

1) Embiid will be lucky to play 65 games....thats a big NOPE from me in a H2H league. I need my first pick to give me 75+ games

2) Dame provides VERY similar stats to Kemba (Kemba gives same points, same rebounds, 1 less assist, same 3's), and Kemba is going around pick 15-20 in most leagues....Dame does not do anything special for a PG to warrant a 6th pick. I got him last year at the turn of my 14 man league.

3) I really value out of position stats, and Jokic is great at assists (higher than Dame even)...and pretty easy to build around

Thoughts?

Agreed with you somewhat. i would say that Kemba last year was an anomaly - I highly doubt we see that kind of production from him in Boston with Tatum, Hayward, Jaylen Brown etc. In CHA he pretty much the only offense and had the green light to take as many shots as he wanted. 

Reason I kind of hesitate to take Jokic in the 1st is because he struggles to score sometimes, and scoring is really at a premium in the later rounds. I feel like you have to have a 25ish ppg scorer as your first pick unless you want an uphill battle later on. 

This is the case in roto anyway and might be different in H2H, which i've never drafted Jokic in. I'm sure you could put together a nice punt points team around him. 

18 minutes ago, crocp said:

Explain why?

Thoughts?

I had 7th spot last night in 14 teamer and chose Beal over Lillard, Embiid. Embiid for the same reason you mentioned. health and back to back sits. I chose beal over lillard because of steals and shot opportunity. Rest of there stats are very similar. Beal actually has higher fg% 47% last season. But I am concerned about load management at end of season for beal. 

14 minutes ago, crocp said:

Explain why?

Thoughts?

If you draft Jokic you simply have to work around his weaknesses, like you would with any player.  I also agree that it’s unlikely that Jokic finishes 6th in per game.  But he’s relatively durable and is also easy to build around.  If you draft him first you’re destined for strong rebounds, assists, steals, and percentages.  You’re sort of capped in points and blocks due to the opportunity cost of having a big fill your C slot who only gets .7 blocks and he’s also the lowest scoring player in the first round.  I’d try to build around his strengths by drafting an efficient team who is strong in assists/steals by drafting efficient littles.  Jrue or Butler would be good in the second round.  You could also punt points by getting someone like Turner in the second and Draymond in the third.  Or if booker falls he’d be a good candidate for punt TO, keep your popcorn stats and efficiency very high.  

Lillard might be easier to around though as most players in the late second/early third are bigs.  

I think Lillard is better in H2H as he’s basically the most durable first round player and you’re likely to get two solid bigs 2/3.  It’s also easy to soft punt FG/To.  

In roto I prefer Jokic bc one of the most important things is getting bigs who hit free throws and they’re scarce.  Additionally, he all but guarantees being elite in assists and steals.  Roto gold.  

1 minute ago, fabrar said:

Agreed with you somewhat. i would say that Kemba last year was an anomaly - I highly doubt we see that kind of production from him in Boston with Tatum, Hayward, Jaylen Brown etc. In CHA he pretty much the only offense and had the green light to take as many shots as he wanted. 

Reason I kind of hesitate to take Jokic in the 1st is because he struggles to score sometimes, and scoring is really at a premium in the later rounds. I feel like you have to have a 25ish ppg scorer as your first pick unless you want an uphill battle later on. 

This is the case in roto anyway and might be different in H2H, which i've never drafted Jokic in. I'm sure you could put together a nice punt points team around him. 

Agreed. I see now your team is in roto, which is good to have no weaknesses (in which case Dame is a good pick).

I will definitely be punting a cat or 2 with Jokic (maybe blocks and/or 3's, or points if i'm feeling frisky), which should boost his value.

I dont think taking Jokic or Dame 6th will be a difference maker to winning a league anyways, its how you build around them in the end.

7 minutes ago, StifleTower2 said:

If you draft Jokic you simply have to work around his weaknesses, like you would with any player.  I also agree that it’s unlikely that Jokic finishes 6th in per game.  But he’s relatively durable and is also easy to build around.  If you draft him first you’re destined for strong rebounds, assists, steals, and percentages.  You’re sort of capped in points and blocks due to the opportunity cost of having a big fill your C slot who only gets .7 blocks and he’s also the lowest scoring player in the first round.  I’d try to build around his strengths by drafting an efficient team who is strong in assists/steals by drafting efficient littles.  Jrue or Butler would be good in the second round.  You could also punt points by getting someone like Turner in the second and Draymond in the third.  Or if booker falls he’d be a good candidate for punt TO, keep your popcorn stats and efficiency very high.  

Lillard might be easier to around though as most players in the late second/early third are bigs.  

I think Lillard is better in H2H as he’s basically the most durable first round player and you’re likely to get two solid bigs 2/3.  It’s also easy to soft punt FG/To.  

In roto I prefer Jokic bc one of the most important things is getting bigs who hit free throws and they’re scarce.  Additionally, he all but guarantees being elite in assists and steals.  Roto gold.  

I am in a 14 teamer, so getting Jrue or Butler after 6th pick wont happen. I could reach for Booker (but that guy is also always injured and resting during fantasy playoffs).

What are your thoughts on a punt FT/points build with Joker? Assuming Drummond drops to me in the 2nd, and I can get Dray in the third, could a Jokic/Drummond/Draymond team work? It should leave me good in Fg%/Assists/Blocks/Rebs/Steals and I'd probably win TO's too. For my littles I could focus on high assist but low scorers near the mid/end of the draft...Ball, Teague, Vanvleet, Rondo etc....

I know I'd be punting a cat Jokic is good at for a C (ft%), but I could easily lock up 5-6 cats weekly. Thoughts?

Another option I have is just punting blocks, and pairing Jokic with Vuc...and then just trying to build a balanced team and only punting blocks. Would be soft on points, but could reach for some scorers later in the draft (Lavine for example).

Edited by crocp

6 minutes ago, crocp said:

I am in a 14 teamer, so getting Jrue or Butler after 6th pick wont happen. I could reach for Booker (but that guy is also always injured and resting during fantasy playoffs).

What are your thoughts on a punt FT/points build with Joker? Assuming Drummond drops to me in the 2nd, and I can get Dray in the third, could a Jokic/Drummond/Draymond team work? It should leave me good in Fg%/Assists/Blocks/Rebs/Steals and I'd probably win TO's too. For my littles I could focus on high assist but low scorers near the mid/end of the draft...Ball, Teague, Vanvleet, Rondo etc....

I know I'd be punting a cat Jokic is good at for a C (ft%), but I could easily lock up 5-6 cats weekly. Thoughts?

Another option I have is just punting blocks, and pairing Jokic with Vuc...and then just trying to build a balanced team and only punting blocks. Would be soft on points, but could reach for some scorers later in the draft (Lavine for example).

If you're in a position to take Jokic in the 1st I don't think it's realistic to expect Drummond to fall to you in the 2nd in a 14 team snake. From the mocks I've done it seems some kind of variant of the punt FT/PTS/3PM build has taken steam and Drummond is a prime target 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PUNTSQUAD said:

If you're in a position to take Jokic in the 1st I don't think it's realistic to expect Drummond to fall to you in the 2nd in a 14 team snake. From the mocks I've done it seems some kind of variant of the punt FT/PTS/3PM build has taken steam and Drummond is a prime target 

Ya i agree...its not the most realistic...but i've seen it happen in a few mocks so that is why I asked :)