Brownsfan74

Allen Lazard 2019 Outlook

No thread on him (shocker) but after last night's game, figured there should be.

Any thoughts on picking him up?  Who knows when Allison/Adams will be back and he looked like the best WR on the team last night while only playing in the 4th.  His SPARQ and college stats seem legit too.

Plus, as we know, Rodgers was lobbying for them to put Lazard in last night, so he has confidence in him.

Probably not a long term guy but GB gets Oakland this weekend, so maybe worth a spot start?

Edited by Brownsfan74

Guy is 6'5, 227 and ran a 4.55 40 at the Combine, which surprised people for a guy his size. Also a 38" vertical.

He has supreme confidence in himself but I'm still skeptical of the volume he'll see even with Adams out. But worth a flier. It's not like Allison or MVS have lit it up out there.

I have been banging the Kumerow drum for awhile, because somebody needs to step up in this WR corp...but he just hasn't been able to do much despite lots of snaps the last 2 weeks. I am onto Lazard King now, clearly has a connection with Rodgers and in post game you heard just how much Rodgers likes him in practices etc. Literally asked the WR coach last night if he could get Lazard onto the field, that speaks volumes. Behind Adams there is a huge opportunity for targets and production in GB. Allison is terrible and now beat up, MVS is just a one trick pony and also hobbled (though he did return last night). Jimmy Graham is now a human refrigerator. Big role for this kid IF he can run with increased PT.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Nice one week rental. Look at him the same way as Auden Tate. Rogers tends to zone in on one receiver every game. Looks like it was Allen last night, so that should continue unless Adams/Allison are back in the fold this week.

27 minutes ago, sportsfreak2744 said:

Guy is 6'5, 227 and ran a 4.55 40 at the Combine, which surprised people for a guy his size. Also a 38" vertical.

He has supreme confidence in himself

All that matters is if Rodgers does......

Speculative add in deep leagues (like my league). I wouldn't bother in standard leagues.

I'd drop my weakest WR for him which is Jacobi Meyers or Danny Amendola.... again this is a deep league. So yeah I'd drop a bum for the kid but if you are in normal leagues you really need to take a close look at the guy you are dropping for him. He is still super young and inexperienced and Rodgers patience is thin. 

Don't know if I'd trust regular playing time or volume, but he looks like he just has it.  The ability to be a decent receiver as well as Rodgers trust so far.  I can't say either of those things about someone like MVS.

The interview after the game with Rodgers really makes me think this guy will overtake MVS eventually.  When Rodgers gives you a chance like that and you succeed, he will remember.  Definitely stash him if you have the space.  I'll be watching to see how he gets used when Davante comes back.

Edited by Slimzy17
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Slimzy17 said:

The interview after the game with Rodgers really makes me think this guy will overtake MVS eventually.  When Rodgers gives you a chance like that and you succeed, he will remember.  Definitely stash him if you have the space.  I'll be really watching to see how he gets used when Davante comes back.

Let's not forget that MVS also had an amazing catch that went for 46 yards over the shoulder, highly contested. And he got rolled up on earlier in the game. 

Yes, Rodgers will remember, but Allison ("G-Mo") has received similar praise from Rodgers in the past and look where we're at with him.

• Like 1

Rodgers has always had 1 go to receiver then spread it out to the others on a weekly basis. Davante will be the only consistent one while 1 week it Could be MVS, Geronimo, Lazzard, or the TEs

He's probably a speculative add if you have the space on your bench and a possible spot start against Oakland this week if Allison and Adams are both out.  Oakland is really bad against WRs.  I'd only start him if I had bye week issues at WR, or they are all hurt/suck.

I like him.  Rodgers is still elite, but he needs talent to throw to.  Something about this kid vibes with the way Rodgers plays. [...]

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, lolcopter said:

better than the rest of that trash behind Adams

They looked terrible last night.  It looked like every single Packers WR plus Graham dropped at least one ball (outside of Lazard).  Aaron Jones dropped an easy one too.  Rodgers was cursing on tv lol.

27 minutes ago, lolcopter said:

better than the rest of that trash behind Adams

I'd agree with this.  Just based upon my eye test last night and what we've seen from Allison the past couple years, I'd say move MVS back into the slot where he excelled last year with Cobb out and toss Lazard on the perimeter....Even when Adams is back.

Odds probably are that Lazard amounts to nothing fantasy-wise this year but the kid is interesting.  Kinda reminds me of Golladay out there.

2 minutes ago, Asian Sensation said:

On a scale of 1 to 10 with 1 being Jon Baldwin and 10 being Megatron where do you guys have him? 

Lazardatron

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

I don't know if he altered it to be radio friendly, but he said Rodgers has a nickname for him.  It is Turdface.  I heard that on the radio this morning and made me choke on my coffee.

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Gonna probably roll him out this week if AJ Green can't play.

Think he's a solid play if Allison is out. They're playing against Oakland. I feel like Rodgers will finally have one of the 3-4 TD games...

Reminds me of Micheal Thomas' rookie year camp, Brees was talking him up a ton in interviews and lo and behold he exploded.  When an HOF QB likes you and talks you up to the point of getting you snaps, then you have to pay attention.  Doesn't hurt the guy is a monster who can leap over almost everyone on the field.  I'm hoping to roster him if I can manufacture the space on my bench somehow.

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, babyfaceassasin said:

Rodgers has always had 1 go to receiver then spread it out to the others on a weekly basis. Davante will be the only consistent one while 1 week it Could be MVS, Geronimo, Lazzard, or the TEs

I'm not sure what Aaron Rodgers you've been watching but this is flat out wrong in the sense that Rodgers only has one fantasy relevant receiver and all of the others are just pecking for scraps.

Yardage for top two receivers under Rodgers:

2008: 1,012 and 1,292

2009: 1,061 and 1,113

2010: 1,265 and 679 (two other receivers with 500+ yards)

2011: 1,263 and 949

2012: 954, 784 and 745

2013: 1,314 and 817

2014: 1,519 and 1,287

2015: 890 and 829

2016: 1,257 and 997

2017: Hurt for most of the year

2018: 1,386 and 636

So in other words 2010, 2013 and 2018 are the only years in his 11 year career as a starter where there has been a larger than normal discrepancy between his #1 and #2 receiver. He has usually had a player who is a WR1 in terms of fantasy production as well as a WR who is at worst a back end WR2/high end WR3. 

MVS and Allison are garbage. I don't know if Lazard is just another piece of trash but Rogers clearly wants him on the field which is worth something. He's worth a flier in deep leagues.