Brownsfan74

Allen Lazard 2019 Outlook

Imo, MVS and Allison being active helps Lazard. They still command Oakland’s best DBs making it that much easier for the King to do damage. I’m not looking for 15 targets, 10 catches, 180 and 2 TDs. Half of that would be a great fantasy day for any WR.  

Based on last week’s clutch performance, the subpar health of the other GB WRs, and what seems to be some kind of bromance between Rodgers and Lizzy, I’d be surprised if he puts up a dud today. Of course it’s possible, but same could be said of Julio, Keenan, or any other WR. 

• Like 2

I have Lazard in 75% of my fanduel lineups at $4500. Honestly don't feel like tinkering the s--- out of my lineup to switch him out. Feel like its pretty likely MVS or Allison doesn't make it through the whole game and even if they do there's definitely a chance Lazard can return value at that price tag given Rodgers' confidence in him. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Sternes said:

How the heck are both of them active when they only had 1 practice between both. 

giphy.gif

Is it me or is the NFL strange this year with the injuries and GTD?  Guys not practicing and good to go and having monster games?

Mis-information is a weapon? This is a game after all. I've always been surprised how forward teams are about if a player is injured in the first place.

2 minutes ago, JSA2422 said:

What? as stated, the risk/reward isn't there. We don't know if he's even jumped either of them in the starting line up. He's not a drop, or startable, unless you a truly desperate. 

Jumped them in the starting lineup?  Who cares?   GB has used 11 personnel (3 wide) for 71% of passing plays so far in 2019.   That means a lot of snaps and chances for Lazard.  His upside was never based on purely volume or switching roles.    Rodgers either wants to give him chances or he doesn’t.    He’s still the same high upside low floor flex candidate.    

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Slatykamora said:

Mis-information is a weapon? This is a game after all. I've always been surprised how forward teams are about if a player is injured in the first place.

That is why they have rules in place and an injury report. If teams didn't have to, they wouldn't report anything.  Players not practicing and being good to go seems like a new thing.

Edited by Sternes
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

Nothing has changed.   You either believe Rodgers wants to make him a thing or you don’t.   He’ll have plenty of snaps to be targeted either way.    People gotta stop using Rb mentality on wideouts. 

Famous last words.

Don’t do it to yourself.

😂😂😂😂😂

1 minute ago, Impreza178 said:

Jumped them in the starting lineup?  Who cares?   GB has used 11 personnel (3 wide) for 71% of passing plays so far in 2019.   That means a lot of snaps and chances for Lazard.  His upside was never based on purely volume or switching roles.    Rodgers either wants to give him chances or he doesn’t.    He’s still the same high upside low floor flex candidate.    

Sure, but there is still Kumerow to contend with who was also in last week. I didnt pay attention closely last week, but with all the same guys available as last week, Lazard didn’t even play until the end, even in 3Wr sets. So I think the question of if he has leapfrogged anyone is a fair one. Is he going to be splitting time as the 3rd WR, did he become the 3rd WR, or is he back to his role last week, which was 4th WR and a rash of injuries needed to get on the field?

it seems like the signs are positive, but I’m debating between him and Dede and would like something more to go off than hope. 

Just now, Sternes said:

That is why they have rules in place and an injury report. If teams didn't have to, they wouldn't report anything.  Players not practicing and being good to go seems like an a new thing.

I know, but anyone with a will to win is going to find ways to bend the rules. If a player practices or not is information that goes to the opposition. There is no rule about no practice=no play. Though i bet the primary/given is reason is keeping players with fringe injuries rested for game-day by having them not on the field mid-week.

15 minutes ago, TommyKramer said:

Great!  This will solidify him even more after he goes off today

spacer.png

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

ah alright - well hope he kills it. 

NFL network just said they expect him to be involved today so at least thats a good sign 

If Rodgers specifically asked for Lazard to get more reps, would Lefleur pull a power play and give most of the #3 reps to Kumerow?

Doesn’t seem likely.

starting him regardless in 2 leagues! going all in and taking the risk that's what fantasy football is about he either lays a goose egg or blows up 

6 minutes ago, boomzdaddy said:

is this confirmed? 

I heard it as well but it could mean as the 3rd WR I suppose. They have 3 wide a lot.

I’m assuming if Oakland was any good at coaching, they would game plan to stop him as they would have assumed the other 2 WRs would be out or less involved. He really kind of plays a MVS role. 
if I had Lazard, I would temper expectations even before news Allison and MVS active. 

ryan Grant was signed but doesn’t know the playbook. However, wouldn’t be surprised to see him as the main beneficiary this week. 

just my opinion, however watch Lazard go off. 

good luck to all that play him!

1 hour ago, Sternes said:

How the heck are both of them active when they only had 1 practice between both. 

giphy.gif

Is it me or is the NFL strange this year with the injuries and GTD?  Guys not practicing and good to go and having monster games?

I'm so annoyed by both of them being active for this game.

I rushed to lower my exposure to Lazard in DFS, which guarantees he's going off, even if Randy Moss were young, active and his teammate.

Well damn, I will now implement my self ban on posting for the next 2 months. Hopefully the Lizard King can live on, but 5 passing TDs and none to the King? I rest in shame

Edited by myzto
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1