Brownsfan74

Allen Lazard 2019 Outlook

Anyone who started him after this mornings updates is either a huge hype train fiend or extremely desperate. Dropped him so quick once both Allison and MVS were active.

• Like 5

RW reporting he dropped a pass that seemed to be a big play. Anyone see it? 

2 hours ago, mrfrood said:

Yeah big as in maybe 25-30 yards.. so it would’ve helped his stat line but he still would’ve had a mediocre at best game. Tough to see him with an average-poor stat line in a game where AR sets the world on fire. It was however encouraging to see him start and play most of the game. If Rodgers can continue to play as well as he has been, I could see him having some big games.. esp next week in KC. That is assuming Adams sits. You will be playing roulette with MVS, Allison, Lazard, and Graham moving forward, which isn’t ideal, but Rodgers is slinging it right now. It’s also nice to know that if any one of Adams, MVS, or Allison are out.. this guy is likely to have a role. He is growing in this offense, and in my opinion, he makes this offense more lethal.. especially when Adams comes back. Rodgers owners should be optimistic ROS

2 hours ago, mrfrood said:

Bad drop, otherwise I thought he looked pretty good though...Rodgers looked awesome! 

16 hours ago, myzto said:

Well damn, I will now implement my self ban on posting for the next 2 months. Hopefully the Lizard King can live on, but 5 passing TDs and none to the King? I rest in shame

same here bro lol.   5 tds and 🦎 can’t get one AARGH.  

[...]

crow has been served @JSA2422

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story

14 hours ago, mrfrood said:

Wasn't a real great ball placement by Rodgers--which nobody will bother to mention, esp after his week, but has been a prob with Rodgers. Safety flashed right in front of him as ball got there, but still needs to make the grab. Have to be encouraged by the sheer snaps Lazard got and he is a def hold for me...he has done enough to carve out targets.

• Thanks 1

Usage yesterday: 51-of-60 snaps (most on team) and 27 routes (most on team)...def influenced by MVS being rather limited but encouraging in general.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, ST. STEVEN said:

Wasn't a real great ball placement by Rodgers--which nobody will bother to mention, esp after his week, but has been a prob with Rodgers. Safety flashed right in front of him as ball got there, but still needs to make the grab. Have to be encouraged by the sheer snaps Lazard got and he is a def hold for me...he has done enough to carve out targets.

2 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

Usage yesterday: 51-of-60 snaps (most on team) and 27 routes (most on team)...def influenced by MVS being rather limited but encouraging in general.

Thanks for the perspective. I didn’t watch the game, but had to make the choice between dropping him or Westbrook and starting the other prior to kickoff thanks to needing to pick up a TE. 

I ignored my concerns about snaps with the other 2 WRs starting and went Lazard because I’m a sucker for upside. Definitely regretted my decision during the game seeing Westbrook have a season high points and Lazard doing basically nothing (boxscore watching). But it sounds like the opportunity was there, just didn’t work out. 

Led the receivers in snaps as well as targets. Never going to be the WR1 for the Packers (and he doesn't have the talent to do so) but as I've said before both MVS and Allison are bums so there is potential for Lazard to become the WR2 for the Packers. There is potential for Lazard to work his way into two WR sets once Adams returns which could mean WR3 upside for fantasy.