Brownsfan74

Allen Lazard 2019 Outlook

They have signed Ryan grant. As a fan, they need to move in from Allison. He isn’t very good outside of a couple games. No muscle on him at all. 

they will be balanced as long as LaFleur is the coach. ARod will spread it out to the WRs when davante is OUT. 

im a bit surprised they haven’t used graham more especially when his blocking is so so. However, they use Mercedes too. 

Lazard is good but more of a deep play guy. 
ryan grant will get the underneath looks after a couple of weeks to learn everything. 

15 hours ago, Texansfan said:

What have MVS and Allison done to secure their positions?  Both are also unproven, continuously underperform, and can’t stay on the field.

They may be unproven as well but still more proven than Lazard.

18 hours ago, Watitdookie said:

Did he do all of his damage in the 4th Quarter alone, after Rodgers advocates for him? If he did, I think we have something here and a better question who’s a better ROS? Lazard or Duke Williams.

I can't really say who's better... Nobody really knows. But I can tell you how our FAAB process went down. In our 20-team, WR-heavy (we have 2 WRs to 1 RB), PPR league, Lazard was bid by several members including one spending quite a bit of FAAB money. A few more WRs were bid on as well ultimately leaving me with Duke Williams who I picked up for $0 with nobody else bidding on him.

9 hours ago, Zangief80 said:

Just curious, but what tells us that Rodgers likes him?  Not sure if one quarter of action is telling.

Reading the thread before posting is recommended.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

Uhh yeah 70 yards and a td is super likely against the crap Oakland secondary. Allison and Adams are for sure not playing, making this guy a fixture in 2 wr sets. I appreciate guys showing up in the clutch and he did.  No Brainer start this week 

Assuming they'll even need to throw? This seems much more like a Adams/Williams go for 35 carries type game to me.

10 minutes ago, sportsfreak2744 said:

Assuming they'll even need to throw? This seems much more like a Adams/Williams go for 35 carries type game to me.

Even if Rodgers throws 30 times, where are the targets going? 10 to rbs, 5 te, 15 to wr?

Oak bleeds points to the WR for a reason.... because you can throw on them 

6 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

Even if Rodgers throws 30 times, where are the targets going? 10 to rbs, 5 te, 15 to wr?

Oak bleeds points to the WR for a reason.... because you can throw on them 

I don't see Lazard getting more than 5-6 targets. Maybe he'll make the most of them again but I think MVS will be back and while Rodgers will probably still throw 25-30 times I don't expect him to need to be chucking it downfield.

47 minutes ago, sportsfreak2744 said:

I don't see Lazard getting more than 5-6 targets. Maybe he'll make the most of them again but I think MVS will be back and while Rodgers will probably still throw 25-30 times I don't expect him to need to be chucking it downfield.

Through 6 games, the low on attempts by Rodgers was 29 with a high of 53. The usual GB game plan seems to call for AT LEAST 30 with a likely range to expect at 30-36.

I suck at math but just going through box scores, it seems Rodgers has 219 attempts.

The target by position breakdown is thus:

WR: 110 (50.2%)

TE: 42 (19%)

RB/FB: 50 (22.8%)

Say Rodgers has 32 attempts in average game flow...all things being equal, 16 of those are going to WR.

Adams out, Allison likely out, MVS not close to 100% & Kumerow a non-factor....i think the bare minimum targets Lazard getting is 5-6 with a good change of as high as 8, give or take depending on game flow. That's not bad at all.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, wayzupusc said:

Through 6 games, the low on attempts by Rodgers was 29 with a high of 53. The usual GB game plan seems to call for AT LEAST 30 with a likely range to expect at 30-36.

I suck at math but just going through box scores, it seems Rodgers has 219 attempts.

Say Rodgers has 32 attempts in average game flow...all things being equal, 16 of those are going to WR.

Adams out, Allison likely out, MVS not close to 100% & Kumerow a non-factor....i think the bare minimum targets Lazard getting is 5-6 with a good change of as high as 8, give or take depending on game flow. That's not bad at all.

Where is does the last 10% go? 

8 minutes ago, collucho said:

Where is does the last 10% go? 

You know, I don't know...they didn't add up to 100% in most games...I assume those are ones he threw away out of bounds or spiked to stop clock or something? I honestly don't know.

I may have missed a target or two TBH - i opened box scores in separate tabs for all GB games and just flew through them real quick but numbers are close enough.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, wayzupusc said:

You know, I don't know...they didn't add up to 100% in most games...I assume those are ones he threw away out of bounds or spiked to stop clock or something? I honestly don't know.

I may have missed a target or two TBH - i opened box scores in separate tabs for all GB games and just flew through them real quick but numbers are close enough.

Thanks for not ****ting on my grammar I must've had a ministroke while typing.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, wayzupusc said:

Not bad at all-  And pretending we know how Lazard practices and what he’s capable of is a mistake.  Young wrs are often buried or needing further work until they get that big chance.  It’s not like a rb-  who you start to worry about if they don’t perform after a handful of games.  

For all intents and purposes Lazard is likely to be Rodgers Wr1 this weekend.    Should he have another big quarter of two— watch out.   This is his chance to seize the wr2 role away from a couple JAGS.   

Edited by Impreza178

10 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

Not bad at all-  And pretending we know how Lazard practices and what he’s capable of is a mistake.  Young wrs are often buried or needing further work until they get that big chance.  It’s not like a rb-  who you start to worry about if they don’t perform after a handful of games.  

For all intents and purposes Lazard is likely to be Rodgers Wr1 this weekend.    Should he have another big quarter of two— watch out.   This is his chance to seize the wr2 role away from a couple JAGS.   

MVS is a 6'4, 200 lb receiver that runs a 4.37 forty.  Let's pump the breaks on calling him a "JAG"

8 minutes ago, sportsfreak2744 said:

MVS is a 6'4, 200 lb receiver that runs a 4.37 forty.  Let's pump the breaks on calling him a "JAG"

Lol Allison is definitely a JAG tho

23 minutes ago, sportsfreak2744 said:

He plays like one

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, lolcopter said:

He plays like one

MVS isn’t anything special, he’s underperforming every chance he gets. There’s nothing I like about him and his stone hands.

28 minutes ago, sportsfreak2744 said:

How about a compromise- MVS is a JATFG.

• Like 2

Just now, ree10 said:

Yahoo still has his projections at 0. Talk about disrespect lol. 

That's about where I have him projected too.

• Haha 1

My opinion is Lazzard emerges as Rodgers go to guy until Davante comes back.  Once Davante's back he's the WR2.  MVS, Geronimo, & Kumerow have had plenty of time to build rapport with Rodgers, and none of them seem to have great chemistry with him.  Say what you will about Lazzard, but he's already shown chemistry with Rodgers in his limited play. 

Wonder what his Espn and yahoo! Projections are going to be like... he still as a zero

Edited by Watitdookie

21 minutes ago, BurgundyBooger said:

Just Another Tall F'ing Guy?

Tall Fast. But yours works too.

Edited by Lamont Sanford

im all aboard this hype train! if Geronimo/Davante are out I think he is a must start.