Brownsfan74

Allen Lazard 2019 Outlook

11 minutes ago, ginocan said:

So he’ll be sleeping with a Kardashian soon? 

He kind of looks like someone up their alley. 

Although the Devin Booker comparison had me lol-ing. 

Adam's, Allison, Jimmy G and MVS all didnt practice today. it's time for the 🦎👑 to rise this weekend! fire him up boys

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Fire him up!!!

Seriously though with a solid group of WR on bye and other WR injuries, Commandant Lazard a great option this week!

Edited by J.T. Marlin

10 minutes ago, Gandalfthecat said:

Starting Lazard this weekend is straight cold-blooded. 

Let's go!! 

But really, I'll be forced to with buys & injuries. I'm not mad about it though. These kind of "forced starts" for lotto tickets are always fun to watch.

Odds that he blows up? 25%.

Odds that I'll be bragging about how much better I am at life to my league mates if he blows up? Guaranteed.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

i'm forced to start him due to injuries and he's the only viable WR in FA.  Sounds like 3 of GB's starting WRs are out, so this is looking good. 

I'll be slotting him in over Corey Davis (vs Hayward), please fantasy gods. 

• Like 1

He is just a "low wattage fill in" according to RW. I guess the writer is pissed his rival was smart enough to grab Lazard. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

MVS, Allison, and Adams all likely out. Here's the kids chance! I'm throwing him in there! 

45 minutes ago, mrfrood said:

He is just a "low wattage fill in" according to RW. I guess the writer is pissed his rival was smart enough to grab Lazard. 

I mean I know we are excited but isn’t that what he is? 

4 minutes ago, mulhollandvelvet said:

I mean I know we are excited but isn’t that what he is? 

I can see that point of view to some extent given the unknown. Rodgers seems to like him and Lazard looks as confident as Vince McMahon walking down the ramp! So many guys are out on that team that expecting a 16 point ppr game does not seem out of the ordinary. I see him as a good plug and play this week with upside that if he goes off, he can be Adams' sidekick rest of way. 

I think Rodgers is seriously have enough with all the drops and non-catch catchable balls that he will force-feed the ball to guys that he can trust. That was Adams. This week is Lazard. Monster game coming. Base on volume targets and potentials. 

8/130/1 this week. Leggoooooooo

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, mrfrood said:

I can see that point of view to some extent given the unknown. Rodgers seems to like him and Lazard looks as confident as Vince McMahon walking down the ramp! So many guys are out on that team that expecting a 16 point ppr game does not seem out of the ordinary. I see him as a good plug and play this week with upside that if he goes off, he can be Adams' sidekick rest of way. 

I just don't really see the difference between him and MVS or Allison who have both been uninspiring when Adams misses time. The Pack will lean on the run and who knows if Rodgers even needs to have a big passing game against the Raiders. I like Lazard's opportunity but I mean at best he's a WR4. 

1 minute ago, mulhollandvelvet said:

I just don't really see the difference between him and MVS or Allison who have both been uninspiring when Adams misses time. The Pack will lean on the run and who knows if Rodgers even needs to have a big passing game against the Raiders. I like Lazard's opportunity but I mean at best he's a WR4. 

Rodgers sees the difference.    Thats why he advocated for him to get in the game, targeted him consequently on deep routes, and trusted him to pick up another key first down.   Then he heaped praise on Lazard after the game- “He’s been doing this in practice for a while now and just needed an opportunity...”

Add the injuries and Oakland’s propensity to allow big plays....    it’s not crazy to think he does it again 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

Rodgers sees the difference.    Thats why he advocated for him to get in the game, targeted him consequently on deep routes, and trusted him to pick up another key first down.   Then he heaped praise on Lazard after the game- “He’s been doing this in practice for a while now and just needed an opportunity...”

Add the injuries and Oakland’s propensity to allow big plays....    it’s not crazy to think he does it again 

I think it's fair to wonder if Rodgers is desperate for someone other than Adams to step up and provide a spark for the passing game. Not just for this week or until Adams gets back, but long-term. Not saying Lazard will be that guy necessarily, but Rodgers comments coupled with the way this offense has performed over the last year+ makes it seem like Lazard could get a real shot. MVS very briefly looked like he might be that guy last year, posting 7-67-1, 3-103-0, 2-45-1, 3-101-0, 6-44-0 from weeks 5-9, before going into witness protection. 

I just don't see another WR on the roster who Rodgers clearly trusts and has rapport with. Allison and MVS have shown flashes but never consistency and we certainly haven't seen Rodgers pepper them with targets the way he did with Lazard in a single quarter of action last week. 

• Like 3

I actually think there's something to see here. MVS, and to a greater extent Graham and Allison have severely underwhelmed this year, and Adams conceivably could be out a few more weeks. Definitely worth a speculative add if you have the room. 

7 hours ago, mjb03003 said:

Is this happening?

Looks like it. Top 25 WR this week if that 3 other guys all sit.

I’m hopping on the train w him being the only healthy receiver. Leggo 

But is he worth an add when everyone is healthy? Could he surpass Allison and MVS? 

8 minutes ago, GoBlue41 said:

But is he worth an add when everyone is healthy? Could he surpass Allison and MVS? 

Shhhhhh. I don’t think so. Seems like a one week flier at best, rotoworld hype train extravaganza aside.

• Like 1