Brownsfan74

Allen Lazard 2019 Outlook

15 minutes ago, Crash08 said:

I think they’re both game time decisions.

If both are active, there is no way I’m starting him. If just one is active, I’ll likely still bench him. My confidence in him this week was based entirely on both being out. 

Smdh....As if he’s a backup rb needing injury to see carries.  

All that matters is AR trusts him enough to throw the ball his way.   I’m fairly confident he does.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

All that matters is AR trusts him enough to throw the ball his way.   I’m fairly confident he does.  

cant say it better than this, put him in your lineup and enjoy the victory. If you lose, it’s because your other bums failed you and not the Lizard King.

• Haha 1

Lazard was telling Aaron Rodgers what routes he was going to run and Rodgers was hitting him in clutch moments last week.  This guy could really climb up the rankings if he ends up being one of Rodger's guys and we have all seen the WRs in Green Bay under perform this  year.

• Like 1

Just now, myzto said:

cant say it better than this, put him in your lineup and enjoy the victory. If you lose, it’s because your other bums failed you and not the Lizard King.

well- I didn’t go quite that far haha.  

I just don’t care about Allison or MVS status. They’re jags and beat up.  Lazard isn’t ready to be the wr1 game breaker beating heavy coverage.  Kumerow and whatever other trash they throw out there isn’t going to help Lazard get open.  

Haha yeah I took it the 10th yard and won’t post for a couple months if I’m wrong and recognize my shame. 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

He will get many more targets if both are out. It’s not rocket science. 

Sure, he can still go off with both active. But his chances of a breakout game are much higher if they are out. 

10 minutes ago, myzto said:

Haha yeah I took it the 10th yard and won’t post for a couple months if I’m wrong and recognize my shame. 

love the confidence man-  let’s get it 🦎

id consider 5/60/1 to be an awesome line.   

8 minutes ago, Crash08 said:

He will get many more targets if both are out. It’s not rocket science. 

Sure, he can still go off with both active. But his chances of a breakout game are much higher if they are out. 

one of the hurt gb WRs being able to present the facade of a threat (decoy) is far better than Lazard trying to beat double coverage all game.    We’ve seen this with young WRs time and again.  

Edited by Impreza178

Adams out.  Graham can't catch anymore apparently.  MVS or Allison or both out.

You can't teach size and he uses his well.  Floor of 8 targets seems pretty reasonable.

• Like 1

There is just no way Allison gets concussed Monday night and he's good to go for the game today. How the f--- is he a game time decision yet there has been no report about him clearing protocol. s--- is ridiculous. 

Starting him over Mixon in my big $ league (standard) whether MVS and Geronimo play or not. In fact I hope MVS plays just to keep the defense loose up top. I think GB stumbled upon a diamond in the rough here. Lazard attacks the ball, which is something MVS doesn't do and Allison appears incapable of doing. At seasons' end he will be the undisputed #2 WR on this team.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Sternes said:

Adams out.  Graham can't catch anymore apparently.  MVS or Allison or both out.

You can't teach size and he uses his well.  Floor of 8 targets seems pretty reasonable.

Graham is washed up

2 hours ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

This hype train went from wr2 results to back to waiver fodder ugh. Dropped him for Pettis- higher upside ROS but gut is telling me I'll regret

I'm debating the exact same move.

Just waiting to see inactives list.  The thing with Lazard is that he's most likely just a 1 week play.  Pettis could turn into a decent season long hold if he keeps seeing consistent snaps and targets.  I feel like he's the best WR on that team.  Also helps that Samuel is out this week.  i know everybody thinks it'll be a SF cakewalk and they won't need to throw the ball, but things don't always turn out how you think....See the Cowboys/Jets game last week lol.

With news MVS/Allison are active, i'm out!

Edited by tts42572

I want to still roll him out but the chance for a 0 in a PPR is devastating  - the risk/reward ain't there 

5 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

Gotta drop Lazard now and find an alternative 

Bro.....Allison was not f.ckin moving Monday night. I'm not going to pretend like I care about his health more than my fantasy team but jesus christ it cannot be healthy to come back in 5-6 days from a concussion. 

Both MVS and Allison active

It’s gonna be a no from me dawg

Just now, JSA2422 said:

I want to still roll him out but the chance for a 0 in a PPR is devastating  - the risk/reward ain't there 

Nothing has changed.   You either believe Rodgers wants to make him a thing or you don’t.   He’ll have plenty of snaps to be targeted either way.    People gotta stop using Rb mentality on wideouts. 

How the heck are both of them active when they only had 1 practice between both. 

giphy.gif

Is it me or is the NFL strange this year with the injuries and GTD?  Guys not practicing and good to go and having monster games?

1 minute ago, Impreza178 said:

Nothing has changed.   You either believe Rodgers wants to make him a thing or you don’t.   He’ll have plenty of snaps to be targeted either way.    People gotta stop using Rb mentality on wideouts. 

What? as stated, the risk/reward isn't there. We don't know if he's even jumped either of them in the starting line up. He's not a drop, or startable, unless you a truly desperate. 

• Like 1

Think I'm still starting him in DFS. The matchup is just too good and it's still possible the Packers limit snaps for MVS/Allison or use one of them in more of a backup role. In fact, their injuries make for a good "excuse" for their LaFleur to roll with Lazard after admitting that he should have gotten him more involved earlier. 

Quote from LaFleur:

So I’m excited to see him put together back-to-back-to-back (games), and see where it goes.