Sign in to follow this  
mocha4313

Dynasty: Keep Contending or Accept a Rebuild? WHIR 100%

Recommended Posts

8 Team 0.5 PPR 32 man rosters (start 1 QB, 3 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 3 FLEX, 1 D, 1 K)

Current Team
QB: Dak
RB: Zeke, Marlon Mack, Tevin Coleman
WR: Michael Thomas, OBJ, Kupp
FLEX: Cooks, Sutton, Gallup
TE: Kittle
D- 49ers
K: Streaming
Bench
QB: Darnold, Daniel Jones
RB: Miles Sanders, Mattison, Tarik Cohen, Justice Hill, Malcolm Brown, Chase Edmonds, Ryquell Armstead, Jordan Wilkins, Reggie Bonnafon, Bryce Love (IR)
WR: AJ Brown, Diontae Johnson, Parris Campbell, Anthony Miller, Miles Boykin, Hakeem Butler (IR)
TE: Hockenson, Dallas Goedert, Sternberger (IR)
D- Steelers

Currently 4-2 and tied for 2nd after a narrow loss to snap a 4 game win streak but behind a 6-0 win now juggernaut. 
I was recently offered the likely rookie draft 1.01 and certain top 2 pick along with a fill in (trying to get Andy Isabella since I still have not given up on him but realistically getting a nobody) for my Marlon Mack from a guy who doesn't value draft picks too high (0-6 team at the moment)
RB is already the weak spot on my team so this move would basically punt this season but wondering if a championship this year is already out of question and I should just solidify my RBs with my 2 firsts-this one and my own-and grab like Swift or Taylor along with an Etienne/Dobbins type guy and come back next year.
But the first place juggernaut has Dalvin Cook while I have Mattison so really one injury could make me the favorite even with my current team so still a bit hesitant. Thoughts? WHIR 100%

Edited by mocha4313

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hard to say with an 8 team league but offhand I doubt you'll get someone better than Mack with that 1.01 pick. And yeah I wouldn't count on Cook staying healthy all season. I'd stand pat. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Keep pounding.  Anything can happen through the next 8 weeks, and I have seen plenty of juggernauts fall early in the playoffs because of poor performances from their studs.  You're in the thick of it, and I agree with what was said about the return... not sure what you might get from the 1.01 spot that is better than an established Mack.

 

Help with mine too please?

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, csv2209 said:

Keep pounding.  Anything can happen through the next 8 weeks, and I have seen plenty of juggernauts fall early in the playoffs because of poor performances from their studs.  You're in the thick of it, and I agree with what was said about the return... not sure what you might get from the 1.01 spot that is better than an established Mack.

 

44 minutes ago, bomont said:

Hard to say with an 8 team league but offhand I doubt you'll get someone better than Mack with that 1.01 pick.

Mack is really solid and he has blown away the expectations I had when I took him in the startup but I have seen Jerry Jeudy talked up as a AJ Green/Julio Jones type talent and I could see a top rookie RB like Swift or Taylor who gets drafted by KC or HOU being an early 2nd round pick even in redraft leagues next year with Saquon type hype. But they could also go to Miami and Washington and not be heard from for years a la Corey Davis. I have not really got around to scouting college talents yet. Just tough to predict what real NFL teams will do

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, mocha4313 said:

 

Mack is really solid and he has blown away the expectations I had when I took him in the startup but I have seen Jerry Jeudy talked up as a AJ Green/Julio Jones type talent and I could see a top rookie RB like Swift or Taylor who gets drafted by KC or HOU being an early 2nd round pick even in redraft leagues next year with Saquon type hype. But they could also go to Miami and Washington and not be heard from for years a la Corey Davis. I have not really got around to scouting college talents yet. Just tough to predict what real NFL teams will do

For sure, but also a huge help to Mack is freaking Quentin Nelson and that line... it is unreal.

Lets say you get a guy who produces like what Josh Jacobs is doing this year.. on an average team... It's high and low production. I'm guessing he was close to 1.01 in the rookie draft.  Just like you are saying, its a lot of guess on production and where they get placed

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Your team isn't bad.  Yes, a stronger RB2 would be nice.  But by next year, Sanders might be that.  I'd pass.

Thanks for mine!

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A thing to note also is that rookie WRs will typically take a year to adjust to the NFL. I think you should play it safe with Mack. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Whats the Juggernaut Team?

So you'd likely be getting the 1.02 AND 1.01? If so, Id definitely take that. Play Sanders and hope for the best. If this is dynasty youll be set up for awhile

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, bhawks489 said:

Whats the Juggernaut Team?

So you'd likely be getting the 1.02 AND 1.01? If so, Id definitely take that. Play Sanders and hope for the best. If this is dynasty youll be set up for awhile

Nah I wish. It is the likely 1.01 that has an outside chance of being the 1.02. No chance it is anything lower than that. 

The 1st place team has Watson at QB, with RBs being Cook, DJ and Ekeler, a WR corps of Julio, Keenan Allen, Alshon, Ertz and Hooper at TE and usually plays James White, one of those TEs and Allen Robinson at FLEX. It has never really come close to losing so far this year

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, mvttchew said:

A thing to note also is that rookie WRs will typically take a year to adjust to the NFL. I think you should play it safe with Mack. 

Yeah for sure. But considering my RBs and WRs, my draft strategy will probably be RB centered regardless of what picks I have.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, mocha4313 said:

Nah I wish. It is the likely 1.01 that has an outside chance of being the 1.02. No chance it is anything lower than that. 

The 1st place team has Watson at QB, with RBs being Cook, DJ and Ekeler, a WR corps of Julio, Keenan Allen, Alshon, Ertz and Hooper at TE and usually plays James White, one of those TEs and Allen Robinson at FLEX. It has never really come close to losing so far this year

Oh, nvm. Go for the win

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would stand pat with your team and go for the win this year. Watching the Colts and that O-Line for Indy solidifies why I stick with Mack. Thanks for help with mine. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would say do the trade and even then you have a chance to get far. In the end it's luck in either way. Just imagine one of your handcuffs will get time because of an injury. Let's say it's Mattison. You would be in the race and have a top pick in the backpack.

I always think it's way more interesting to get more picks.

 

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wouldn't make any moves like you're talking about. You're 4-2 and in the hunt to win this year. Why would you already start building towards next season? Future picks don't win championships now.

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd prob stand pat as well, I don't play dynasty so i'm limited in this aspect, but in an 8 team league with your team I would still try to get into the playoffs.  Maybe revisit the trade later in the season if you're completely out of it by then.  Thanks for mine.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

compete...trade for the picks during the offseason or if you fall out of contention.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.