bhawks489

Darren Fells 2019 Outlook

No one talking about this guy? TE on Houston. I was a big fan of Jordan Thomas until he went on IR. He was my lotto ticket TE. 

Fells seems to have stepped up with the line of 

5/49/1

1/12/0

2/20/2

6/69/0

Any thoughts?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, bhawks489 said:

No one talking about this guy? TE on Houston. I was a big fan of Jordan Thomas until he went on IR. He was my lotto ticket TE. 

Fells seems to have stepped up with the line of 

5/49/1

1/12/0

2/20/2

6/69/0

Any thoughts?

With Stills out and their o-line banged up (but playing better funnily enough) the Texans are running a lot more 2 TE sets.  This is giving Akins and Fells a lot more usage.  Seems to be a trend that will continue since Watson hasn't been sacked in the past 2 games.  The hard part is figuring out which TE is gonna have the big day because they seem to be alternating weekly.  I personally think Fells is the better dice roll.  I'm hoping to pick him up after I snag Herndon and can IR him later in the week.  The matchup with Indy should yield results since they run primarily a zone D scheme which funnels passing to the middle of the field.

Edited by TheINC
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Double digits three out of four weeks in PPR, 7 targets last week. Not chump change when you’re fighting for scraps after the top 8 or so TE’s. As INC said, they also use Akins a lot so he could be a thorn in the side cannibalizing some touches, but I’m rolling with him until we see something from Herndon. 

nice bye week fill in but could possibly finish top 10 as well

Fells is a massive target at 6'7, been impressive last few weeks. I hope his role expands even more as Watson has been looking his way more often. 

Edited by Mmiller186

It's virtually a dead even split with him and Akins. I don't think we see real fantasy relevance from either unless one gets hurt. 

2 hours ago, BGDDYKWL said:

It's virtually a dead even split with him and Akins. I don't think we see real fantasy relevance from either unless one gets hurt. 

Been super productive 3 out of the last 4 weeks.  Could do worse as a dart throw given the TE wasteland.  I'm a bit concerned about Stills returning.  The matchup is great this week however.

desperation start this week for me over Delanie who hasn't done anything for weeks

I dropped Jimmy Graham for Fells. I have a good feeling about this mid season pickup amongst the usual TE wasteland. Hoping for a Cameron Brate 2016-2017 year repeat. 

• Like 1

I was super high on jordan thomas but this guy looks like the ebron of last year

6 catches, 6 targets, 58 yards, 2 TD's

Ladies and Gents your #2 scoring Week 8 Tight End!

This guy might be the Gary Barnridge of 2019...old guy that just blows up outta nowhere.

I'm wary with Fuller practicing and Jordan Thomas designated to return from IR. Could be down hill from here. 

Edited by LongBalls