Sign in to follow this  
PlayTheWaivers

Tavon Austin 2019 Outlook

8 hours ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

1 week plug and play versus Eagles...without Amari? Sign me up. 93% snaps last week.

For sure, nice 10 pt ppr floor this week I think with a shot at breaking one off!

No hype on this guy at all with Cooper banged up?  Expected more talk in this thread.  

Am I missing something?

4 minutes ago, theSPANKER said:

No hype on this guy at all with Cooper banged up?  Expected more talk in this thread.  

Am I missing something?

Devin Smith will be back this week and will likely start in place of Cooper.  Austin will replace Cobb who is likely out in the slot.

47 minutes ago, sjm76 said:

Devin Smith will be back this week and will likely start in place of Cooper.  Austin will replace Cobb who is likely out in the slot.

But that bodes well for Austin right?  I need a one week rental ppr flex play to replace a injured WR this week.

Read the small hype here but no train materialized which gives me pause.   

Is this guy someone who qualifies to have under-the-radar ppr flex value given the match-up and injuries to Cobb and Cooper? 

10 minutes ago, theSPANKER said:

But that bodes well for Austin right?  I need a one week rental ppr flex play to replace a injured WR this week.

Read the small hype here but no train materialized which gives me pause.   

Is this guy someone who qualifies to have under-the-radar ppr flex value given the match-up and injuries to Cobb and Cooper? 

As mentioned, I think that Austin is fine in PPR if you're content with 8-12 points but Smith offers a better chance to bust a big play because he's bigger and faster and he plays on the outside.  Austin is a slot/gadget player.  

Austin stepped up last week but keep in mind that Smith was out.  Smith was playing ahead of him when he was healthy.

Edited by sjm76
  • Thanks 1