heyitsmattdelly

PJ Washington 2019-2020 Outlook

Recommended Posts

Seems like he could be starting SF/PF with miles bridges

he seems to have the 1/1/1 potential 

anyone think he can be good?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The thing is Batum is still there (currently nursing an injury). If at some point Batum will be bought out and Charlotte focuses on youth development then PJ is going to be a great pick (if still available).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Definitely not a sf, but should be their PF. Charlotte going for youth, but at same time their FO also mentioned that they'd feel he would be spending a lot of time in the G-League. That was prior to the PreSeason, though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He's definitely worth a late round flier - Batum is done. If you missed out on Herro, Garland, or Culver, or want to take 2 from the group in the final rounds, PJ is in that mix along with NWA (in that order).

His shooting isn't sustainable (he's at something like 65% and almost perfect from 3 and FT and it's preseason), but there is some intriguing multi-cat here for 1/1/1 but some out of position dimes as well and decent %'s. 

It's really hard to project bigs once the regular season starts, just look what Chriss is doing for the Warriors. He won't be facing bums and third string backups or developmental projects the rest of the season.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking at how preseason played out, PJ is their PF and Miles is their SF.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, t0087669 said:

Thybulle or PJ?

Deff. PJ!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

MKG + Marvin + Miles then Batum who yea hes done but until they ditch him he should get mins

 

itll take CHA realizing theyre tanking and let Pj play over rolling marvin out there game in and game out

 

if that happens then 👀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, kmoore1521 said:

MKG + Marvin + Miles then Batum who yea hes done but until they ditch him he should get mins

 

itll take CHA realizing theyre tanking and let Pj play over rolling marvin out there game in and game out

 

if that happens then 👀


its already happening, they’re going almost completely with a youth movement, their preseason should be sign enough for you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Lifschitz said:


its already happening, they’re going almost completely with a youth movement, their preseason should be sign enough for you.

 

Is putting much weight in pre-season really viable tho? especially for playing time questions? im not so sure

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, kmoore1521 said:

 

Is putting much weight in pre-season really viable tho? especially for playing time questions? im not so sure


no their staff/organization literally outright said it.. that’s all borrego is talking about since training camp.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Lifschitz said:


no their staff/organization literally outright said it.. that’s all borrego is talking about since training camp.

 

 

ok ok ill add him sheesh 😉

Edited by kmoore1521

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ι don't see what's the point for Charlotte playing Batum and Marvin more than 20 minutes per night each. I could also say 15 in Marvin's case.

Will they complain? They are not even good anymore and they have gotten rich from this team.

Edited by RipCity0
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, papocrain said:

Picked him up over Mo Wagner! Hopefully I made the right decision.

Easily

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In case that he will start, who would be benched for him? Zeller? I read that the coach sees him as a 4 who can play the 5 as well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Chrizz said:

In case that he will start, who would be benched for him? Zeller? I read that the coach sees him as a 4 who can play the 5 as well. 

 

31 minutes ago, papocrain said:

It could be Zeller.

 

Williams.  Not Zeller.  Williams plays the 4.  Zeller will play the 5.  PJ CAN play the 5, in limited minutes / smaller lineups.  But he won't replace Zeller's minutes anymore than another backup C would...I think.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

His low ft% (60%,66%) isn't a great sign. I don't think he is draftable in the top 150 of redraft leagues at least. Even if he plays a lot, something like 11/5.5/1.1 with1.0 threes 0.4stls,0.9blks,1.3tos on 49/65 shooting would seem about right (more steals, less threes probably) based on his college stats. That is what made Alex Len a borderline top 200 player last year. Maybe his shooting improves based on the preseason, but I wouldn't count on it. He is worth keeping an eye on though.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, papocrain said:

The thing is Batum is still there (currently nursing an injury). If at some point Batum will be bought out and Charlotte focuses on youth development then PJ is going to be a great pick (if still available).

 

So like three... maybe four games into the season? 😏

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...