heyitsmattdelly

PJ Washington 2019-2020 Outlook

Picked him up after putting Griffin on my IR, buying into the hype! Hoping for a Donovan Mitchell kinda pickup 😂

• Like 2

Kupchak said he will play 15-22 minutes a night, so I don't truly understand the hype.

He seems like he can be useful for 12 team league if he were to play 26+

2 minutes ago, Nishinga said:

Kupchak said he will play 15-22 minutes a night, so I don't truly understand the hype.

I agree he might 15-22 minutes initially, but he should earn more minutes and build to 26+ minutes as the season progresses.  If wait until he gets a consistent 26+ minutes and then expect to pick him up, at that point he will be long gone in competitive 12 teamers.

• Like 1

I dropped MPJ for him as my last roster spot for the bench, after last night with Howard playing I decided to drop him for Bobby Portis just to see how he pans out ... especially if ROBINSON and GIBSON are expected to be missing tonight's game.  However, when i picked him up I didn't realize all my roster was playing tonight, so PORTIS is on the bench. I probably should sit PJ out of this one and let PORTIS take my last roster spot. From what I read NAW was forceful with his shots last night? I wonder if PJ will have the jitters as his first game tonight too. Ya'll think PORTIS is the safer option to play? ROSTER LIsted below.

1 minute ago, Monkeyking69 said:

I dropped MPJ for him as my last roster spot for the bench, after last night with Howard playing I decided to drop him for Bobby Portis just to see how he pans out ... especially if ROBINSON and GIBSON are expected to be missing tonight's game.  However, when i picked him up I didn't realize all my roster was playing tonight, so PORTIS is on the bench. I probably should sit PJ out of this one and let PORTIS take my last roster spot. From what I read NAW was forceful with his shots last night? I wonder if PJ will have the jitters as his first game tonight too. Ya'll think PORTIS is the safer option to play? ROSTER LIsted below.

If roto, I wouldn't play either the first game.  If H2H, I'd throw Portis in there if Mitch Rob sits.  Fizdale's rotations are trash, so if Mitch Rob plays and you gotta play someone, throw in PJ and hope for the best.

2 minutes ago, Monkeyking69 said:

I wonder if PJ will have the jitters as his first game tonight too. 

PJ sleeps comfortably in his comfy PJs, he doesn't get nightmares, he IS the nightmare!

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, DoctorLove said:

If roto, I wouldn't play either the first game.  If H2H, I'd throw Portis in there if Mitch Rob sits.  Fizdale's rotations are trash, so if Mitch Rob plays and you gotta play someone, throw in PJ and hope for the best.

I agree man! Don't think I'd be keeping Portis long.. although i do trust him over PJ at this point since I had him last year. Looks a sprained right ankle for mitch, and a calf soreness for gibson. lets hope for the best -.-

3 hours ago, Nishinga said:

15-22 ? So much hype for this? man you guys get over excited for nothing

10 minutes ago, atlantadynasty said:

Noted...

Could be wrong, but I think Kupchak's actual quote was something like, "if you are in the rotation, you are going to get at least 15-22 minutes" not that PJ Washington specifically will be limited to 15-22 minutes.  He could ball out and get 25-30 on that Hornets squad.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, atlantadynasty said:

I hope I'm wrong, but 15-22 mins is not much (12 team leagues)

No I agree I just think he's getting more...its all good...I just think this kid is gonna ball out....ball don't lie

It was one of those picks when I scooped him my league members were like arrghh

Edited by dfstout
  • Like 1

I picked him up and therefore dropped Powell, since he didn’t do anything special yesterday and it seems that VanVleet will be the guy next to Lowry.

Let’s see what this guy can do...

"We had Miles playing a lot of ‘four’ this summer," Borrego said. "He’s playing a little more ‘three’ now. So it affects him a little more on the offensive end. Defensively, not so much. But defensively some spots when we are in the halfcourt. That’s probably the biggest area that it’s different for Miles. But he’ll figure it out." This quote implies that PJ Washington will see a good amount of time at the four, but Bridges spending more time at the three may affect his efficiency initially.

BINGO

• Like 2

2 hours ago, atlantadynasty said:

Didn't say that. He said AT LEAST 15-22 MPG, which implies the floor, not ceiling. Got it?

17 minutes ago, dfstout said:

"We had Miles playing a lot of ‘four’ this summer," Borrego said. "He’s playing a little more ‘three’ now. So it affects him a little more on the offensive end. Defensively, not so much. But defensively some spots when we are in the halfcourt. That’s probably the biggest area that it’s different for Miles. But he’ll figure it out." This quote implies that PJ Washington will see a good amount of time at the four, but Bridges spending more time at the three may affect his efficiency initially.

BINGO

Yup I'd expect him to continue have his rust spots along the way like NAW did.

1 hour ago, Spyplane said:

Didn't say that. He said AT LEAST 15-22 MPG, which implies the floor, not ceiling. Got it?

"at least" wasn't part of the comment I read but yeah, makes a difference lol

So at bare minimum, he's gonna put up the numbers that Zion was supposed to, right?

Waiver wire pick up of the year. Let's go!!!

Edited by claptondecheeks

15 minutes ago, claptondecheeks said:

On a serious note, can someone compare him to one or two vets? I didn't watch him in college or preseason.

he reminds me of Taj or Jerami Grant with a bit more shooting range. Seems like PJ can knock down corner 3s. He's probably a better passer than those 2 as well, maybe not as good a shot blocker as jerami. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JoeG03 said:

he reminds me of Taj or Jerami Grant with a bit more shooting range. Seems like PJ can knock down corner 3s. He's probably a better passer than those 2 as well, maybe not as good a shot blocker as jerami. 

I drafted Jerami then snagged PJ from waivers and now I'm not sure which to keep - Jerami has experience but PJ has opportunity.

3 hours ago, atlantadynasty said:

"at least" wasn't part of the comment I read but yeah, makes a difference lol

From his player card note on Yahoo:

Kupchak wouldn't divulge if he expects Washington to start, but did say he's anticipating PJ to earn at least 15-22 minutes a night.