Starvela

Myles Turner 2019-2020 Outlook

Drafted him 27th in standard 9-cat H2H. In “casual” ESPN leagues he slips a round or two because his default rank is somewhere in the 70’s. I don’t know about points leagues. 

4 minutes ago, ohhyuhyuhyu said:

Coach wants Turner to be the prime rim protector. Maybe an upstick in rebounds?

Wouldn't count on that. He's just not a good rebounder for his size. His boxing out and positioning has always lacked as well as the aggressiveness. Sure, he could get more...but he's gotta change some things.

Third year in a row I’m taking him, since his ranking is always very low I got him again pretty good with pick 56. 

I just hope he can get somewhere to 15/8.5/2 with almost 3 blocks and 1.5 steals.

Every year I think this is the season where he should totally go off and become a 23/11 guy but it just doesn’t happen ☹️

20 minutes ago, ohhyuhyuhyu said:

Coach wants Turner to be the prime rim protector. Maybe an upstick in rebounds?

Not with Sabonis starting next to him. 

22 minutes ago, KB24MVP said:

Third year in a row I’m taking him, since his ranking is always very low I got him again pretty good with pick 56. 

I just hope he can get somewhere to 15/8.5/2 with almost 3 blocks and 1.5 steals.

Every year I think this is the season where he should totally go off and become a 23/11 guy but it just doesn’t happen ☹️

The 1.5 steals is extremely unlikely. But everything else is 100% doable.

For a few years now the string of “why doesn’t this bum rebound” or “do something what a wasted pick” complaining posts would flood his page when the season starts because some people’s expectation didn’t match what he is capable of.

Hopefully this year he is accepted for what he is, the correct expectation is set for him, and the usefulness and value he brings is appreciated and those posts don’t appear.

• Like 1

I like him a lot in certain builds. In one league I grabbed him 3 of my first 5 picks were PGs. Ended up pretty light in FG% and Rebs and very strong elsewhere. He fits that bill very nicely because despite being thinner at big man I was able to compliment his elite blocks well down the board and his FG% isn't the best.

Myles putting together a saucy line right now ❤️

he’s so weak when he’s trying to drive in or post. Like he’s scared. 

Just now, HarmStrong said:

Non-contact injuries are often season-ending, no? 

It could be but it looks like he rolled his ankle? 

3 minutes ago, Tom Chambers said:

Woj says non contact, so that's bad.

Thankfully, he was wrong.