Sign in to follow this  
kmoore1521

John Collins 2019-2020 Outlook

He does seem dedicated to being well rounded. He has nice form on his jumper and doesn't seem to currently shoot too many 3s where it would impact his FG% too much. I think ATL getting more talent could actually help spread the floor for Collins to go to work in the post and PnR.

Hopefully the Hawks will not try to make something out of him that he's not. He's not a Center.  He's a natural forward. If you want him out there at the 5 while the opponent is deploying small ball, sure.

39 minutes ago, Trench Mob said:

Hopefully the Hawks will not try to make something out of him that he's not. He's not a Center.  He's a natural forward. If you want him out there at the 5 while the opponent is deploying small ball, sure.

I wouldn't mind him getting center eligibility in ESPN...

I love him. I some how got him at 36 on ESPN.

Be careful in H2H though. Atlanta probably have the worst or 2nd worst fantasy playoff schedule. I'm looking for him to smash it, then I'll trade half way through the season for equal value.

1 hour ago, DZaak said:

I love him. I some how got him at 36 on ESPN.

Be careful in H2H though. Atlanta probably have the worst or 2nd worst fantasy playoff schedule. I'm looking for him to smash it, then I'll trade half way through the season for equal value.

He has a 3/4/3 so it’s really not that bad. Assuming your league/leagues end on March 29th which seems to be the vast majority from what I’ve seen.

I was looking all the way to the last week on the schedule grid. eg. below

https://g.espncdn.com/s/fbadraftkit/2019-20/2019-20FBAWeeklySchedule.pdf

Yes, I'm not sure when my league ends.  Playoffs start Week 22 and it's 1 week per playoff round for me (3 rouns) so it makes sense to end on week 24 (the week after March 29).

if you saw him play irl last season, you know what a beast he is. 

his potential is unlimited tbh. took him 29th overall in my 10-team h2h. 

I cannot justify taking a big man without stocks in the first four rounds.

He's basically just an unleashed Enes Kanter, which is not bad by the way, but you would be very behind on stocks if you had him in your first four.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, blob2004 said:

He's basically just an unleashed Enes Kanter, which is not bad by the way, but you would be very behind on stocks if you had him in your first four.

yea, this year will be the teller lol since he got blocks his first year lol. 

13 hours ago, blob2004 said:

Except the fact that Collins is just 22 years old has plenty of growth to his game. 

2 hours ago, dman0506 said:

Except the fact that Collins is just 22 years old has plenty of growth to his game. 

You can add scoring/rebounding/assists/3pm in your game as you progress, but I've rarely seen someone allergic to stocks get better as they grow.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, blob2004 said:

You can add scoring/rebounding/assists/3pm in your game as you progress, but I've rarely seen someone allergic to stocks get better as they grow.

You're not wrong, but Collins went through a historic dearth of stocks last Nov-Dec that is unlikely to be repeated.  That skewed his averages down.  Now I know you'll say "Well, that's why averages account for highs and lows, it all matters".  And again, you wouldn't be wrong.  But you have to assume he won't go through a two month stock desert this month, so his stocks will be higher than last year, and he won't be Blake-like in that respect.

Just my guess, anyway.

^i agree with unc..he averaged about a block and a half in march and april. doubt he averages less than a block this year. 

What’s his stat line gonna be like this year? Can he average a 3 a game with good %’s? 

45 minutes ago, Ryansm11 said:

What’s his stat line gonna be like this year? Can he average a 3 a game with good %’s? 

yes 

I think Collins will have a third year improvement and slight increase from last year's stats but nothing crazy. Collins is the Hermes version of Randle.  

55%/76%/1/21/10/2/0.5/1.1/2 TO

Collins's stocks should return to what aligns with his rookie season or last year post-ASB. Percentages drops slightly because teams will have defensive scheme for Trae-Collins pick n roll, as indicated in preseason. I do think that Collin's ADP (Round 3) is where his value is, and I continue to draft him because I simply like Collins very much. Picked him up from waiver when he was rookie and drafted him last year in 5th round (12 Team), very solid as a first or second center on your roster. 😁

QUICK MAFS: already got as many steals today as he did in his first 21 games last season.

2 minutes ago, freddo said:

QUICK MAFS: already got as many steals today as he did in his first 21 games last season.

What a freak

Only 11mins in 1st half is a concern. No foul trouble or matchup issues. Jabari w 13mins

1 minute ago, jorgo said:

Only 11mins in 1st half is a concern. No foul trouble or matchup issues. Jabari w 13mins

True, has had the flu recently so maybe just easing him into action.

2 minutes ago, jorgo said:

He missed his last game due to the flu so it might be a temporary conditioning thing.