Sign in to follow this  
kmoore1521

John Collins 2019-2020 Outlook

Recommended Posts

26 minutes ago, nir said:

So he is sitting in waivers. I am thinking I might be able to hang on tight while he is on my bench. But what day does is 25 game sentence expire? When will he return?

 

 

that’s a championship move 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Collins owner in my league was about to drop him, but I offered him Cody Zeller for Collins and he accepted the trade.

 

Just gotta float till Christmas now, while simultaneously hoping that his suspension gets reduced, even if it's by a little bit.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd sell whichever I can get the best return for and keep the other two for a late season run. 

Holding two you might survive to playoffs but 3 will be hell hard

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/7/2019 at 5:17 AM, Lob City99 said:


What do you do if you have Ayton, Collins and Curry? haha fml

Sorry that was in response to this.... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Question : Since getting caught for doing HGH will he be the same player when he comes back? 1 steal 2 blocks etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Kawhactus said:

Question : Since getting caught for doing HGH will he be the same player when he comes back? 1 steal 2 blocks etc.

LOL if taking HGH meant I’d be able to make the league, I’ll be juiced out my mind... He’ll put up the exact same stats 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Bringthesonicsback said:

LOL if taking HGH meant I’d be able to make the league, I’ll be juiced out my mind... He’ll put up the exact same stats 

Yeah he's a good player and athlete but the big improvement in stocks could be a result of the HGH. Will he be taking it again? lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Kawhactus said:

Yeah he's a good player and athlete but the big improvement in stocks could be a result of the HGH. Will he be taking it again? lol

Fair question. I think he was overachieving w the stocks and it was only a 5 game sample size but I expect something like 0.8 steals/ 1.2 blocks. Hahaha if he doesn’t get caught, I hope so😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

anyone remember when rashard lewis got caught taking steroids and only got a 10 game suspension?

 

when did the suspension increase from 10 to 25 games? was this another one of dumbass adam silver’s brilliant ideas?? woat commissioner. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, COBBLEPOT said:

anyone remember when rashard lewis got caught taking steroids and only got a 10 game suspension?

 

when did the suspension increase from 10 to 25 games? was this another one of dumbass adam silver’s brilliant ideas?? woat commissioner. 

I believe it happened last year. Meeks was the first to get 25 games. What I don't get is how Silver gave Reed less than 10 games domestic violence 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Aloon33 said:

I believe it happened last year. Meeks was the first to get 25 games. What I don't get is how Silver gave Reed less than 10 games domestic violence 

 

Because that doesn't affect the on-court product. The league should even be punishing for that, the police should be. The NBA is a business, not a beacon for social activism

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Aloon33 said:

I believe it happened last year. Meeks was the first to get 25 games. What I don't get is how Silver gave Reed less than 10 games domestic violence 

 

so was there some kind of a formal announcement that the 10 games is now 25? seems backwards to me 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, COBBLEPOT said:

 

so was there some kind of a formal announcement that the 10 games is now 25? seems backwards to me 

Never saw it if there was. I didn't know it was changed until I researched Jodie Meeks and saw he was the first. Before that it was always 10 and under 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Kawhactus said:

Question : Since getting caught for doing HGH will he be the same player when he comes back? 1 steal 2 blocks etc.

 

LOL, I dunno why but I just laughed at this. 

If that happens, next year all these NBA players will be happily taking their 25 game suspensions for "diuretics" and half the league will be playing with their benches early on.  Dude, can y'all imagine a roided-out AD who has invulnerability and averages 5 blocks and 4 steals or something?  Or a healthy Curry who shoots from the logo every game but also tip-slams on bigs?  Haha, it's like using a trainer on 2K or something. :D  

 

I also want Waiters to get 25 games for that edible.  Just out of spite for this drug thing, not because he's not playing anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

adam silver can’t be replaced soon enough 

 

 

never thought i’d see the day when i missed david stern 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, COBBLEPOT said:

adam silver can’t be replaced soon enough 

 

 

never thought i’d see the day when i missed david stern 

If you don't think the guys would have been banned under Stern then perhaps you're the one that gave Waiters the edibles.

 

Both Ayton and Collins cheated.  Both were caught.  Both have to pay the price.  These punishments are all in the CBA and it's what the player's union signed off on.  

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Gorgeous George said:

If you don't think the guys would have been banned under Stern then perhaps you're the one that gave Waiters the edibles.

 

Both Ayton and Collins cheated.  Both were caught.  Both have to pay the price.  These punishments are all in the CBA and it's what the player's union signed off on.  

 

 

you’re not paying attention son

 

the rules had it as a 10 game suspension when stern was commissioner .. adam silver is the one who changed it to 25

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Gorgeous George said:

If you don't think the guys would have been banned under Stern then perhaps you're the one that gave Waiters the edibles.

 

Both Ayton and Collins cheated.  Both were caught.  Both have to pay the price.  These punishments are all in the CBA and it's what the player's union signed off on.  

 

Nah man it's some BS. I bet a lot of players use PED, just they were unlucky to get caught. I bet Lebron does too, he just knows he is untouchable. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm matching up against the Ayton owner this week.  Time for a good, "clean" even match up!

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DZaak said:

I'm matching up against the Ayton owner this week.  Time for a good, "clean" even match up!

 

Well he's missing a 2nd rounder while you're missing a 3rd rounder, so you better win or live in eternal shame. 

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, 80version said:

 

Well he's missing a 2nd rounder while you're missing a 3rd rounder, so you better win or live in eternal shame. 

How deep are your leagues? These guys went 3rd and 4th in mine. And I bought low on Collins 😎

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, MuscleChestbrook said:

How deep are your leagues? These guys went 3rd and 4th in mine. And I bought low on Collins 😎

 

@80version would have looked at my signature.  I'm in a 16-Team league.  He's spot. Actually Collins "dropped" to me in the third at pick #36.  The turn was pick #32/33 in a 16-team league.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m in a 12 teamer and they went 2nd and 3rd as well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, brickcitymamba said:

Out of interest, what kind of players have people successfully used to trade for John the Baptist?

Gave up Danuel House and Jarrett Allen for Collins and Derrick White. Use White's spot for a waiver pickup. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this