Sign in to follow this  
CORTEz

The 2019-20 NBA Schedule Matrix

So, I see this brought up a lot in player threads, most of the time regarding a player's "Playoff Schedule".

Figured this would be a great place to discuss, as well as hearing how much thought all of you managers put into a players entire "full-season schedule matrix".

• What Top-25 players schedules do you like?
  • Whose do you hate?
  • Who actually looks at them before the draft?
  • How much water do they hold in regards to who you draft with your first 1-3 picks?
  • Do you look strictly at how many 4-game weeks players have? How many 3-game weeks? Who has the least amount of 2-game weeks?
  • If you do use the matrix's before drafting, has that strategy helped you to win? Lose? Can't tell?

Let's Discuss it all here!

Edited by CORTEz

Maybe it sounds freakish, but I look every year how much games every team plays on Thursday. Because in NBA the most matches are played on Wednesday/Friday and if I draft more players from so-called Thursday-teams, then I don't have overload of games on W and F. In my standard league I have 10 active and 4 bench spots and I don't want to have too much days when more than 10 of my team players will play. Then I have to decide who will stay on bench and often I have let on bench a player who did very good stats on this day. If I don't have overload then this problem is missing.

• Like 3

A lot of people on here harp about "his playoff schedule is good"...

I'm more in the realm of...."you have to make it to the playoffs for that schedule to be good"

Which leaves me looking at how many 4-game weeks and 2-game weeks teams have in the first 16-17 weeks of the season.

I am with you on the Thursday games. It's nice to have players who play a lot of games on those dates (ie...usually "television teams")

8 hours ago, apatas said:

Maybe it sounds freakish, but I look every year how much games every team plays on Thursday. Because in NBA the most matches are played on Wednesday/Friday and if I draft more players from so-called Thursday-teams, then I don't have overload of games on W and F. In my standard league I have 10 active and 4 bench spots and I don't want to have too much days when more than 10 of my team players will play. Then I have to decide who will stay on bench and often I have let on bench a player who did very good stats on this day. If I don't have overload then this problem is missing.

I know exactly what you're saying and it isn't crazy.  In past seasons there seems to be teams that regularly play the Tu-R-Sa/Su schedule (Spurs are sticking out in my memory) and those players definitely hold value because like you said, you're not dealing with benching 2 of 12 active players on a M-W-F only to have a mere 2 or 3 players available Tu-R.  Every manager should ideally want to have a few players from teams that have the rare Tu-R scheduling

• Like 1

9 hours ago, apatas said:

Wish I had factored this in for past seasons. Aren't each teams' off days more frequent this year though and this would have less of an effect?

Edited by Del Rio

12 minutes ago, Del Rio said:

Wish I had factored this in for past seasons. Aren't each teams' off days more frequent this year though and this would have less of an effect?

Yes, basically you are right. If schedule is not as heavy as previous years, then finding so-called Thursday-teams gives less effect. But I hope you understood my point - if during three days (W-Th-F) my team has 10-4-10 games I get 24 games, but if 12-0-12 then I get 20 games from my players.

Edited by apatas