Mj66

Nicolo Melli 2019-2020 Outlook

Had a really nice Pre Season and it looks like he will be the backup the 4 and the 5 Spot. If thats the Case 25 Mins are possible. He has a reliable 3 Point Shot which will be crucial with Zion on the floor. I think he has the Chance to be a Top Sleeper !

I would like to her your Opinion on him.

• Like 1

Nico is not really a surprise. I'm Italian and i had the chance to follow is development throughout the years. He's obviously really good at this stage of his career but i honestly had doubts as to whether his game would properly translate into the NBA. I must admit i'm intrigued by what he's shown so far. Keep is mind he's a very smart guy and player so he'll find a way to produce. He perfectly fits this system and i can see why they decided to bring him over.

• Like 1

Melli has looked good, and could fit well into the NOP rotation. However, top sleeper is a little much to anoint him with. Maybe he is a solid rotation guy and can fill out categories late like a mini-swiss army knife, but a top sleeper is someone like Siakam from last year, who was a mid round guy who completely blew the doors off projections and made himself into an unquestioned early round guy. 

21 minutes ago, rando said:

Melli has looked good, and could fit well into the NOP rotation. However, top sleeper is a little much to anoint him with. Maybe he is a solid rotation guy and can fill out categories late like a mini-swiss army knife, but a top sleeper is someone like Siakam from last year, who was a mid round guy who completely blew the doors off projections and made himself into an unquestioned early round guy. 

You're right, but Siakam was a Breakout Player in my Opinion not a Sleeper. I'll make a difference between a true Sleeper and a Breakout Player. Perhaps Siakam was a Hybrid last Year.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, rando said:

Probably more like Bjelica's situation last year. He played well early on in the season.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, perkinsfor3 said:

Probably more like Bjelica's situation last year. He played well early on in the season.

anyone care to offer a prediction? Belly put up insane #s to start the year.

Might be worth a flyer in Roto with a deep bench to opportunistically put up some #s. 

7 hours ago, perkinsfor3 said:

Nice, exactly what I was thinking...if Favors is still hurt / not playing well, and even if he is, Nico will still get minutes as their only stretch big...he can fit in with either Zion or Favors or Okafor etc.  Over / under 12 points 6 reb 2 threes / game?  

Is Okafor going to be ready for the start of the season? Between him and Melli, who will get more minutes? 

22 minutes ago, 7614 said:

Is Okafor going to be ready for the start of the season? Between him and Melli, who will get more minutes? 

I would think Melli but Okafor's seems like he's a pretty decent nba player and I think the coaches like.  If Favors or Zion got hurt both would probably be in for a nice boost.  

Okafor/Zion just doesnt seem like a great combo. (Not sure about Favord either)

Im thinking 10/5/1.8 for Melli. So not far from what was posted above. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, perkinsfor3 said:

Okafor/Zion just doesnt seem like a great combo. (Not sure about Favord either)

Im thinking 10/5/1.8 for Melli. So not far from what was posted above. 

What I'm saying is that even though Okafor and Melli don't seem to be direct competitors for minutes.... They might be. Zion played so well next to Melli, and Favors, Okafor are both so limited as players, that I'd love to see Melli start.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, perkinsfor3 said:

What I'm saying is that even though Okafor and Melli don't seem to be direct competitors for minutes.... They might be. Zion played so well next to Melli, and Favors, Okafor are both so limited as players, that I'd love to see Melli start.

You might get your wish if Zion is out. Except it might be next to Favors as opposed to in place of him. 

Probably not, I assume they play smaller and have lonzo/jrue/JJ/ingram run together with Favors as the primary lineup which will be fun. Need a bigger body to throw on larger PFs, so he may get heavier minutes in those situations. Definitely some bump as Zion's 30+ MPG need to go somewhere. 

I think it  is Nicolo Melli show until Zion comes back.   Lonzo/Jrue/Ingram/Melli/Favors lineup  is their best starting lineup at the moment

• Like 1

Here we go boys... Melli needs a good outing tonight to solidify that role. 

Let’s go Nicolo!!!!

Keeps traveling every time he touches it and looks pretty darn lost on D. I know he has a real nice stroke from deep though. 

• Thanks 1

So, with the latest news about Zion is Nicolo worth a pickup?  I think it is

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Gile Pile said:

So, with the latest news about Zion is Nicolo worth a pickup?  I think it is

I already haz

2 hours ago, hipriest69 said:

I already haz

I did not expect anything else from the person who alerted me about this guy in sleepers thread. 😛

With Zion out 6-8 weeks and possibly longer (load management) I think Melli will have value all season long

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, DoctorLove said:

What would his stat line look like in 25-30 minutes?

I am expecting close to his EuroLeague numbers: 10 pts, 4 reb, 1.8 ast with 1.2 3ptm and 1.5 stocks

• Like 1

Anyone firing him up in roto?  Or wait and see...lol I think I'm too jacked for the season to start so I might just start him...