Monkeyking69

Josh Richardson 2019-2020 Outlook

JR is never going to blow anyone’s mind. He is a SF/SG version of BroLo with more steals and above average blocks for his position. If you were hoping for a high fg% you drafted him for the wrong reason. His d stats from his position eligibility gives you room to work with a non defensive C like Sabonis for example. J Rich is awesome in roto and I’ll die on that hill  

3 minutes ago, DoctorLove said:

JR is never going to blow anyone’s mind. He is a SF/SG version of BroLo with more steals and above average blocks for his position. If you were hoping for a high fg% you drafted him for the wrong reason. His d stats from his position eligibility gives you room to work with a non defensive C like Sabonis for example. J Rich is awesome in roto and I’ll die on that hill  

Nobody was hoping for high fg%. 

Different expectations, underwhelming stats but appreciative of the stocks. 

6-64927_bn-bit-g-v-nhng-k-hiu-emote.png

4 minutes ago, DoctorLove said:

All I’m saying is he’s doing exactly what I expected him to do 

same I wasn't hoping for anything more than 15 pts. If he manages to get his rhythm on the 3 point 🔥🔥🔥🔥 

drafted him for his defensive output which has paid off nicely for me. Just hoping he doesn't get hurt this season

11 hours ago, Raiiny said:

This guy just isn't very good, highly overrated.

Sorry, but this post lacks perspective. 

• 2017-18: finishes #53 overall per game in 9-cat 
  • 2018-19: finishes #67 overall per game in 9-cat 
  • 2019-20: ADP of 68 in Y! and drafted accordingly, or in many cases at a bargain 
  • 2019-20: after two weeks (SSS) he is #66 overall if you ignore TO's (most do), understanding he is not a high TO guy -- never has been 

Last three seasons J-Rich has never finished a season with a negative Z-score in TO's (+.3 or better), but two weeks into this season, on a new team w/ a different scheme he's sitting at -1.11 for TO skewing his overall ranking negatively.  If you expect for him to carry on as a 3 TO/gm player that shoots 38% the rest of the season then you have reason to be disappointed, but you would also be foolish.  

19 hours ago, MysticPeak said:

I disagree. The high increase in TOs came unexpected. He hasn't been horrible, but I wouldn't say he's blowing my mind either. While it's still too early in the season & I understand that, but the high TOs is quite alarming. I play Roto so I can only speak to those who does as well.

That's fair. My league replaced TO with DD - I'm not sure which one is more stressful, tbh.

So what do we expect of him? FG should creep up to about 45 to 47 % thereby raising his 3PM to around 2 per game as well as his PPG to 15/16 PPG. Stocks should remain about the same.

Is he particularly liable to produce a trash-a** statline against the defensively formidable Jazz, or can it be a minus and a minus combining for a plus type situation? Not too good at guessing what kind of scenario this lad here thrives in,

So the day he says he's going to shoot out of this slump, he does just that. 

Nice line today. Wonder how long Ben is out .....

• Like 1

11 hours ago, fantasick said:

So he’ll be the ball handler now?... Can we get more assists now?... Come on now...

He's pretty much right where he was last year on the dimes. He chips in nicely there but he's not gonna go averaging 6-7 per or anything. 

37 minutes ago, deathrazor said:

GTD. Was he injury prone in past years? 

Hamstring and ankle are a bit sore, but he said and i quote 'if i can walk, i can play' so i think he will be fine. He is receiving treatment today so keep an ear out for an update.