Members_Only_76

TNF - Chiefs @ Broncos 10/17 Game Day Thread

Recommended Posts

no garbage time points from sutton in 2nd half, truly shameful

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, JSA2422 said:

 

sorry for you loss bro but maybe without Mahomes they will give the rock to Shady more? I'm sure the offense losing a generational MVP talent is a good thing for you! haha. 

 

Bitter Damien owner is bitter. You hate to see it. LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, ohio#1eaglesfan said:

Brady is the blue print, not Lamar Jackson. Hope this helps. 

Not sure what your point is, since you didn't expound. Why even bother posting such a crappy post?

I don't know if you're saying you agree with the Tom Brady model or if you're making fun of Elway for following that model. 

Clearly QB's like Mahomes and Jackson that are mobile and can pass are the future. Brady only works in the perfect system.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SkittleMania said:

 

Bitter Damien owner is bitter. You hate to see it. LOL

+1 bro!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As a Raider fan I like our chances in the division. That was a cripple fight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, mbell317 said:

Not sure what your point is, since you didn't expound. Why even bother posting such a crappy post?

I don't know if you're saying you agree with the Tom Brady model or if you're making fun of Elway for following that model. 

Clearly QB's like Mahomes and Jackson that are mobile and can pass are the future. Brady only works in the perfect system.

Good luck playing for as long as Brady taking all those hits! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, mbell317 said:

 

Clearly QB's like Mahomes and Jackson that are mobile and can pass are the future. Brady only works in the perfect system.

 

I remember when people said the same thing about Mike Vick.

 

“Mobile and can pass” is nice, but those two skillsets rarely come bundled together.  

 

Also, there is a false assumption here that Flacco is only bad because he is immobile, but there are plenty of QBs who don’t scramble and are perfectly fine.  Flacco sucks because he is Flacco. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Hatfieldodger said:

As a Raider fan I like our chances in the division. That was a cripple fight.


how dare you

 

spacer.png

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ohio#1eaglesfan said:

Good luck playing for as long as Brady taking all those hits! 

So I should overpay a slow, mediocre QB like Flacco because I'm afraid of hits?

Mahomes doesn't even take a lot of hits. He just got injured on a QB sneak. Jackson slides and will likely stay healthy. 

Either way, the mindset will have to change. Mahomes and Jackson were the biggest steals of their drafts. That's a fact. Look at their draft positions. 

Meanwhile you have the Browns wasting a #1 pick on Mayfield because they haven't figured it out yet. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, mbell317 said:

So I should overpay a slow, mediocre QB like Flacco because I'm afraid of hits?

Mahomes doesn't even take a lot of hits. He just got injured on a QB sneak. Jackson slides and will likely stay healthy. 

Either way, the mindset will have to change. Mahomes and Jackson were the biggest steals of their drafts. That's a fact. Look at their draft positions. 

Meanwhile you have the Browns wasting a #1 pick on Mayfield because they haven't figured it out yet. 

Flacco won a super bowl. Let me know when Lamar Jackson wins one.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Iron-cock said:

 

I remember when people said the same thing about Mike Vick.

 

“Mobile and can pass” is nice, but those two skillsets rarely come bundled together.  

 

Also, there is a false assumption here that Flacco is only bad because he is immobile, but there are plenty of QBs who don’t scramble and are perfectly fine.  Flacco sucks because he is Flacco. 

Vick was really good when healthy and playing. Yes, to be good at throwing and running is rare. But my point is that it should be prioritized. 

And it still isn't, evidenced by Mahomes going 10th and Jackson going 32nd overall.

Meanwhile you have players like Mayfield going #1 and QBs like Flacco making $20 million per year to take sacks. 

We both know for every Vick we can name 30+ immobile quarterbacks who were drafted early and amounted to nothing. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, mbell317 said:

Vick was really good when healthy and playing. Yes, to be good at throwing and running is rare. But my point is that it should be prioritized. 

And it still isn't, evidenced by Mahomes going 10th and Jackson going 32nd overall.

Meanwhile you have players like Mayfield going #1 and QBs like Flacco making $20 million per year to take sacks. 

We both know for every Vick we can name 30+ immobile quarterbacks who were drafted early and amounted to nothing. 

 

That is simply because there are more of them to draft.  

 

It’s a bit premature to be thinking Lamar should have went above the other QBs that year.  I’m assuming you feel the same way about Josh Allen?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, mbell317 said:

Vick was really good when healthy and playing. Yes, to be good at throwing and running is rare. But my point is that it should be prioritized. 

And it still isn't, evidenced by Mahomes going 10th and Jackson going 32nd overall.

Meanwhile you have players like Mayfield going #1 and QBs like Flacco making $20 million per year to take sacks. 

We both know for every Vick we can name 30+ immobile quarterbacks who were drafted early and amounted to nothing. 


never forget Vick going into Lambeau and knocking off Favre in the playoffs. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, ohio#1eaglesfan said:

Flacco won a super bowl. Let me know when Lamar Jackson wins one.

Is this meant to be an actual argument? Lamar is in his 2nd season. 😂

spacer.png

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FitzMagic said:

They should trade for Eli Manning. Has to be better than Flacco.

 

As a Broncos fan, I’m terrified that might actually be Elway’s next move

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, mbell317 said:

Is this meant to be an actual argument? Lamar is in his 2nd season. 😂

spacer.png

I don’t think Lamar will ever win a super bowl... 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, SkittleMania said:

 

Bitter Damien owner is bitter. You hate to see it. LOL

guy shoulda been dropped weeks ago

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, kraftwrk_5 said:

 

As a Broncos fan, I’m terrified that might actually be Elway’s next move


watch another Manning go win a SB in Denver as he declines into retirement.  😂 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Iron-cock said:

 

That is simply because there are more of them to draft.  

 

It’s a bit premature to be thinking Lamar should have went above the other QBs that year.  I’m assuming you feel the same way about Josh Allen?  

Is it premature to think Mahomes should not have gone #10?

I don't think it's premature at all to say Mayfield was a waste of a #1 pick and Jackson was a huge value at #32. 

Browns in hindsight could have had Saquon Barkley and Lamar Jackson.

I think Mahomes and Jackson will cause the mindset to change. The mobile/passing/athletic QB should be going top 5 at worst. 

As you said there are more slow pocket passers available so why are they being picked early? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, mbell317 said:

Is it premature to think Mahomes should not have gone #10?

I don't think it's premature at all to say Mayfield was a waste of a #1 pick and Jackson was a huge value at #32. 

Browns in hindsight could have had Saquon Barkley and Lamar Jackson.

I think Mahomes and Jackson will cause the mindset to change. The mobile/passing/athletic QB should be going top 5 at worst. 

As you said there are more slow pocket passers available so why are they being picked early? 

Because you don’t want your franchise qb running the ball? Hope this helps. Mahomes doesn’t take hits normally, I agree. Jackson on the other hand runs way too much and will get injured eventually. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, mbell317 said:

Is it premature to think Mahomes should not have gone #10?

I don't think it's premature at all to say Mayfield was a waste of a #1 pick and Jackson was a huge value at #32. 

Browns in hindsight could have had Saquon Barkley and Lamar Jackson.

I think Mahomes and Jackson will cause the mindset to change. The mobile/passing/athletic QB should be going top 5 at worst. 

As you said there are more slow pocket passers available so why are they being picked early? 

 

Because they tend to be better Quarterbacks, for whatever reason GMs liked them better.  

 

Are you taking Lamar long term over Sam Darnold, Josh Allen, and Josh Rosen too?

 

 

Edited by Iron-cock

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Members_Only_76 said:


watch another Manning go win a SB in Denver as he declines into retirement.  😂 

 

Not with this squad. Eli would suck just as badly behind this O-line as Flaccid.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, mbell317 said:

I think Mahomes and Jackson will cause the mindset to change. The mobile/passing/athletic QB should be going top 5 at worst.

Huh? They're two completely different players. Mahomes is light years ahead of Jackson when it comes to arm talent and he doesn't run North South like that either

Edited by lolcopter

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.