brosephd

Trade Deadline Targets

On 10/25/2019 at 12:52 PM, bhawks489 said:

I was trying to find something like this. I thought he ran a ton of routes. That just means crab legs isnt targeting him.

I went back and watched their offense from the last game.  Seems like they both get quite a bit of run, Evans and Godwin just soak up the targets.  Sometimes both howard and brate are on the field together, they have a personnel package where they are both lined up like they’re going to block but they sometimes pass out of it.  They threw a nice screen pass to Howard out of it last game. Brate ran up the seam distracting defenders, opening things up for Howard.  That package is sweet because how can the defense defend it?   Treat Howard and Brate like WRs and send DBs out and they’ll just run it down your throat.

It would be better if their Running game didn’t suck.

Watching Winston, the problem seems to be he likes to hold the ball too long.  Brate and Godwin struck me as being open quite bit on plays where Winston got sacked. The problem was after Winston finished his dropback he’d hold the ball and move around the pocket more than he should.  He goes into “scramble/slide around the pocket” mode earlier than he has to.

Edited by Iron-cock
  • Thanks 1

Have heard zero talk about it but anybody think Kareem Hunt could be moved?

The Browns don't need him and his suspension is nearly over.  They probably could move him for a 2nd round draft pick....or a 3rd at worst.  That would've made for a pretty good signing and they would've basically bought themselves a high draft pick for cheap.  

I'd be calling if I were the Lions.  He'd be 10 times better than the garbage they have and would be huge for their offense.

I think people have forgotten a bit how good this dude was his first 2 years and is only 24. 

I doubt they move him but if I were a GM of a team that needed RB help, it's probably the first place I'd look. 

• Like 2

On 10/19/2019 at 10:13 AM, Sticky2 said:

Just seems stupid to not get value for him when teams are hurting for a TE.

what value are you going to get for a TE that has scored 28 points to this point in the season? Who would trade for that. 

Arians doesn't use his TEs. He hasn't for years and he still doesn't. At this point the pattern is well established. Howard didn't score points i that offense and Brate won't score points in that offense. It doesn't matter how much Winston trusts him. There is no reason to invest in a Bruce Arians TE. 

2 hours ago, yossarian said:

what value are you going to get for a TE that has scored 28 points to this point in the season? Who would trade for that. 

Arians doesn't use his TEs. He hasn't for years and he still doesn't. At this point the pattern is well established. Howard didn't score points i that offense and Brate won't score points in that offense. It doesn't matter how much Winston trusts him. There is no reason to invest in a Bruce Arians TE. 

A change of scenery can do wonders. Ask Randy Moss. 

19 hours ago, Sticky2 said:

A change of scenery can do wonders. Ask Randy Moss. 

I'm not questioning the dedication or talent of Howard or Brate--it's not about needing a change of scenery. The issue is the head coach and the man who guides the offense has never run an offense with productive TEs at any level, a trend he has continued this season. Bruce Arians doesn't do TEs. 

Though I agree with the above that if Howard leaves his value goes up because he almost HAS to go somewhere that uses TEs more than Arians does. So really in the end my argument is that Howard leaving doesn't suddenly make Arians use TES and doesn't really create any value for Brate. 

Edited by yossarian

2 hours ago, Duckbutter said:

I be more concerned about you not realizing how bad your roster looks and including it in sig.

You don't need to hold Carr as a back up QB. You can randomly pick any qb of the WW and you will get as many points as Carr. 

The only thing wore than holding 2 defenses is having 2 kickers. Although holding onto the Redskins as your back up defense may be the worst waste of roster space I have ever seen in FF. 

Drop Gay and Skins and pick up ANY other random players. You'd be better off having Andrew Luck on your roster then a 2nd kicker. 

This was absolutely brutal... But also spot on.

5 hours ago, 24/7fantasysports said:

I would like Rashad Penny to land somewhere else. RB1/2 if the right situation comes up. Detroit? 

Agree.  He'd be a top target if I were Detroit's GM.

Still cheap, young and talented.  And reports were that they liked him out of the draft.  It would be a perfect landing spot for him.

I'll be shocked if Detroit doesn't do something.  I'd be targeting Penny or maybe Kareem Hunt if I were them.  They aren't out of the playoff run with their schedule if you ask me....lots of winnable games.

Totally wild speculation, but there are rumors on the saints fan board of them contacting Giants about Golden Tate. He would be a damn near perfect fit on that offense. Still think Parker is the more likely to end up in NOLA but it is pretty clear they are gonna address the 2nd WR spot via trade yet.

To end wrong speculations: Kareem Hunt can't be traded since he's still on the suspension list. End of story. He will be a Brown this season unless he gets cut, which I highly doubt after they took the risk on him and kept him until this point throughout the suspension.

• Like 1

Holding Penny and crossing fingers. Otherwise it sounds like some WR action make take place in the next few days. Overall doesn't seem like a crazy deadline is incoming.

6 minutes ago, kball09 said:

Overall doesn't seem like a crazy deadline is incoming.

I'm feeling just the opposite. Here's another:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, frog34 said:

To end wrong speculations: Kareem Hunt can't be traded since he's still on the suspension list. End of story. He will be a Brown this season unless he gets cut, which I highly doubt after they took the risk on him and kept him until this point throughout the suspension.

Is there a link with that info? I can’t find anything on either side of that argument about trading a suspended player. 

6 hours ago, 24/7fantasysports said:

I would like Rashad Penny to land somewhere else. RB1/2 if the right situation comes up. Detroit? 

i don't think so...kerryon johnson was producing mid-low RB2 numbers before injury. Detroit would be a landing spot with most opportunity but i am not optimistic in Penny returning RB1/2 numbers if he goes to Detroit as a lead back. TB is also an interesting landing spot for Penny...Probably a committee but a perhaps a better fantasy relevant spot...perhaps it would be a Penny for OJ Howard trade and a win win for everyone in fantasy!

20 minutes ago, jujus-jujubees said:

I'm feeling just the opposite. Here's another:

Sorry, I'll clarify, "fantasy-impacting" trade deadline :)

Edited by kball09
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, bhawks489 said:

Is there a link with that info? I can’t find anything on either side of that argument about trading a suspended player. 

I can’t find anything either, I’m wondering if the OP can give us a link

Not sure what the 2-6 Giants are up to? I guess they could recoup a decent comp pick for Williams if/when he leaves, but this seems really short-sighted?

46 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

Not sure what the 2-6 Giants are up to? I guess they could recoup a decent comp pick for Williams if/when he leaves, but this seems really short-sighted?

I truly don't get the moves today between ARI picking up Drake and this one.  Bad teams are making stupid trades that are worse than some of the ones I've been offered in fantasy football.  You'd think if the Jets were basically selling him for the cost of the comp pick the gaining team will get anyway, some team that actually NEEDS the dude and actually has post-season aspirations would have taken the trade.  The Colts for example. 

20 minutes ago, jumper said:

You'd think if the Jets were basically selling him for the cost of the comp pick the gaining team will get anyway, some team that actually NEEDS the dude and actually has post-season aspirations would have taken the trade. 

The comp pick would in theory be at the end of round 3.  The Jets received the Giants 3 (likely 20-30 picks higher) plus a 5th that is a conditional 4th if the Giants sign Williams long term.  

The Giants get Williams for only 2M on their cap this year, and exclusive negotiating rights with him.  Think of this season as a small “try before you buy” window for the Giants.

I really like the move for the Jets who were going to let Williams walk anyway.  They need as many draft picks they can get, and grabbing one in the top 70-85 is nice.  Plus the 4th if he resigns with the Giants...

On 10/25/2019 at 11:40 AM, Iron-cock said:

Yup they want to move Leonard Williams too.

A key thing to remember is the Jets GM came in after free agency.

If the Jets wanted to go full tank mode, they could find a way to IR Darnold (that Toe injury is bad!), and trade away the players that will leave in free agency next year that may have some value to teams this year (Leonard Williams, Robby Anderson, LT Kelvin Beachum, RT Brandon Shell ). 

If they really wanted to go nuts they could trade away Le'Veon Bell.  The team getting Bell would acquire him for a minimal cap hit this year, and an "out" after 2020.

They'd pay someone to take Trumaine Johnson (along with his contract) off their hands.

The Jets are in a strange position where they've got a horrible record but a very easy schedule going forward.  The team isn't that great, but probably good enough to climb back to 500ish.   Rationally they should trade everything they can and tank, but realistically they'll probably try to win as much as possible.   

Sam Darnold has a “Sprained Thumb” that he’s supposedly going to play through...

https://www.rotowire.com/football/player.php?id=12490

CJ Mosley is out for the next 5-6 weeks. 

The Jets currently have the 5th pick, and upcoming games against Miami twice, the Bengals and Redskins.   

I think they could IR Sam, and realistically have a shot at the 1st pick which should fetch a kings ransom if traded this year with the QBs coming out.

It would suck for Le’Veon though.  

Edited by Iron-cock

On 10/27/2019 at 11:30 AM, yossarian said:

I'm not questioning the dedication or talent of Howard or Brate--it's not about needing a change of scenery. The issue is the head coach and the man who guides the offense has never run an offense with productive TEs at any level, a trend he has continued this season. Bruce Arians doesn't do TEs. 

Though I agree with the above that if Howard leaves his value goes up because he almost HAS to go somewhere that uses TEs more than Arians does. So really in the end my argument is that Howard leaving doesn't suddenly make Arians use TES and doesn't really create any value for Brate. 

The Pats will make another play for Howard now that the Bucs have said he's available. 

45 minutes ago, jumper said:

I truly don't get the moves today between ARI picking up Drake and this one.  Bad teams are making stupid trades that are worse than some of the ones I've been offered in fantasy football.  You'd think if the Jets were basically selling him for the cost of the comp pick the gaining team will get anyway, some team that actually NEEDS the dude and actually has post-season aspirations would have taken the trade.  The Colts for example. 

It shows that DJ and Edmonds aren't healthy. Cards have a shot at the WC so they're slotting drake in until DJ or CE are healthy. May also become a multi-headed back system there.