Sign in to follow this  
HarmStrong

Andrew Wiggins 2019-2020 Outlook

19 minutes ago, colepenhagen said:

think the dimes are here to stay. have seen many players evolve in the play making area as their career progresses. DeRozan and kawhi for recent examples and with everyone launching 3's doesn't seem hard to see that wiggins getting in the lane and finding the open shooter should be sustainable. 4+ dimes ROS

I guess this probably has something to do with Teague but lets hope wiggins figured it out

Honestly him handling the ball has been fantastic man... I hated watching this dude just run to the wings to wait for something t o happen

Astounded at how good this guy has become. Feel sick looking at Minny's box scores thinking that I sold high on this stud...

This isn’t sustainable, right? Right?

Man, as a KAT owner, I don’t know how I feel about having the second best Minnesota player over the last week.

More than just the good stats it’s exciting to own him if he’s really finally breaking out. I mean this guy was so bad fantasy wise and these lines have been incredible. Hope he can turn it into a season like oladipo had.

I still have my doubts.... there's no way this is sustainable. How does he go from being trash for 5 years to fantasy stud

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Sfektz said:

I still have my doubts.... there's no way this is sustainable. How does he go from being trash for 5 years to fantasy stud

Pressure from the wolves. They said he needed to be a main contributor in order for the wolves to unlock their full potential. Maybe he was pressured to lose his minutes now that Tibbs isn’t there and the wolves are changing. They’ve formed a system around him attacking instead of jacking 2s. I think it’s working and he’s buying in.

2 minutes ago, Portis4Potus said:

Pressure from the wolves. They said he needed to be a main contributor in order for the wolves to unlock their full potential. Maybe he was pressured to lose his minutes now that Tibbs isn’t there and the wolves are changing. They’ve formed a system around him attacking instead of jacking 2s. I think it’s working and he’s buying in.

this 100 percent ! Hes not running to the corners and jacking shots.. the system really moves around him when hes in control of the ball.. I really like how he's playing lately.. definitely my saving grace so far due to all these dumb injuries 

Wolves need to go grab Anthony Bennett and develop him too lmao

• Haha 3

I have zero shares, but I'm enjoying seeing this breakout as a fan of basketball.

Let's not forget he is 24 years old and was an uber-prospect back in high school, so there's no question marks around the talent. Some guys just don't break out at 21 (see: Pascal Siakam) and that's okay!

Edited by Stallion
  • Like 2

David Vanterpool is the reason for Wiggins' resurgence. Such a valuable hire by the Wolves from POR.

Edited by japs

Happy for him on a personal level, given hes still so young and has faced a lot of criticism. Salty that he's caused so much grief for my teams in the past and was on the do-not draft list this year.

47 minutes ago, Arbitrage_2 said:

It's like he drained all the boards and stocks from roco

ha because roco played so much last year

1 hour ago, Portis4Potus said:

Wolves need to go grab Anthony Bennett and develop him too lmao

They tried that already and it did not work. But it may have been under Thibs.

it’s funny because i always had faith in wiggins and people on these forums used to look at me crazy .. when he had that 23.6 ppg season, i said alright, this is it, next year will be the one where he reaches superstardom.....then he followed it up with 2 sub-par seasons and even i started to lose faith. 

this right here tho.. i’m not guna say i didn’t know he had it in him, because i absolutely did. i’ve seen him go off against my lakers many times in the past, so i knew be had it in him .. but he got me to a point where i was questioning his heart and i gave up hopes, so it’s nice to see him turn it around after we all wrote him off. 

6 hours ago, COBBLEPOT said:

it’s funny because i always had faith in wiggins and people on these forums used to look at me crazy .. when he had that 23.6 ppg season, i said alright, this is it, next year will be the one where he reaches superstardom.....then he followed it up with 2 sub-par seasons and even i started to lose faith. 

this right here tho.. i’m not guna say i didn’t know he had it in him, because i absolutely did. i’ve seen him go off against my lakers many times in the past, so i knew be had it in him .. but he got me to a point where i was questioning his heart and i gave up hopes, so it’s nice to see him turn it around after we all wrote him off. 

I'm in the same boat. Drafted him for 3 years straight. Knew he had it in him, but it was frustrating for the last 2 seasons. Finally breaking out. 

Damn, I might have to admit to my brother I was wrong about him. I ridiculed him endlessly when he picked this dude because of how much of a bet negative he has been in previous seasons. I’m reserving judgement until I see how he does later in the season though, when the Wolves start falling out of the playoff race, because I have an inkling that he might just give up.