dfstout

Kendrick Nunn 2019-2020 Outlook

I remember Spida's roto page was like this before he completely blew up ROS. Not saying Nunn will surely follow, but you gotta give these guys more rope

2 minutes ago, ellejamil said:

I remember Spida's roto page was like this before he completely blew up ROS. Not saying Nunn will surely follow, but you gotta give these guys more rope

Mitchell had like 2-3 weeks of terrible games, I dropped him just because I couldn't bear it anymore, and then I completely regretted it later on. It's why I give prospects I like and have ample opportunity a much longer leash now. The Mitchell situation taught me patience.

Edited by Lifschitz

16 minutes ago, Lifschitz said:

Mitchell had like 2-3 weeks of terrible games, I dropped him just because I couldn't bear it anymore, and then I completely regretted it later on. It's why I give prospects I like and have ample opportunity a much longer leash now. The Mitchell situation taught me patience.

Exactly. As long as the minutes and usage/shots hold up, you should have a longer leash

I took some time to read some of the past pages, and it seemed like there was only a few people actually speaking out against Nunn, if you could even call it that, lowish post numbers, probably newbies, and for every post, there were like 9 or 10 replies telling them to calm down lol.

That doesn't make a lot of sense to me lol.

Or it does, but I don't dare say what I'm really thinking...

I like how Spo is playing him deep in the 4th even with the games psuedo-out of hand. (With Miami down)

If that’s not a sign of confidence, I dont know what is.

9 minutes ago, Mikhov said:

I like how Spo is playing him deep in the 4th even with the games psuedo-out of hand. (With Miami down)

If that’s not a sign of confidence, I dont know what is.

Definitely, and I think he wants to accelerate the process of having him rebuild his confidence at the end of the game. It’s a good way to have him carry into next game without breaking his will that he’ll be yanked for shooting poorly (which is what most coaches opt to do).

Edited by Lifschitz
  • Like 2

lets go nunn! make all the non nunn believers wrong!

12 minutes ago, nir said:

lets go nunn! make all the non nunn believers wrong!

• Like 1

Acquired him after giving up Curry...lets gooooo.

I would never had done this trade if I had a healthy team though, but I have Curry and Ayton and racked up two bad losses first two weeks. Can't hold.

1 hour ago, blob2004 said:

Acquired him after giving up Curry...lets gooooo.

I would never had done this trade if I had a healthy team though, but I have Curry and Ayton and racked up two bad losses first two weeks. Can't hold.

so you traded Curry for Nunn?  that is a very brave decision.  I do  not expect Nunn to produce all year long, Hero is waiting in the shadows

Just now, Gile Pile said:

so you traded Curry for Nunn?  that is a very brave decision.  I do  not expect Nunn to produce all year long, Hero is waiting in the shadows

Herro isn't a point guard. Only threat is Dragic and he's old so Nunn has the starting PG on lockdown. 

49 minutes ago, Gile Pile said:

Yeah I don't expect Nunn to be top 30 but I think mid rounder is reasonable, which is what I really need.

I mean, there is also the risk of Curry completely shut down for the year or resting in the fantasy playoffs. Plus I actually need to get to the playoffs first with this team...

Risk is very high that curry shut down. They have no reason to play him this year.

What the hell is going on with the stat keeping? I saw him have 2 steals, it just got taken away, and changed to 1 block??

5 minutes ago, sharkpotato said:

Nunn goes from 2 steals to none. **** you scorekeepers!!

Yeah that broke my heart, looking at boxscore, assuming they were credited to Bam.

17 minutes ago, Lifschitz said:

What the hell is going on with the stat keeping? I saw him have 2 steals, it just got taken away, and changed to 1 block??

Well the block is staying

I've told you guys in my earlier posts. I've been playing fantasy bball for too long to see this coming. You can call me names , or make fun of me dropping him, but the reality is, this guy is undrafted and had a good run in the early part of the season, mainly due to circumstances (Butler being out, Winslow injured etc). This IS exactly like the McGruder situation. The reality is, Herro is the future, they picked him in the draft lottery. Winslow and Dragic already know the Heat system, and in my eyes, better than this guy. He doesn't really do much except score and hit threes. The big minutes last game, of course is due to garbage time. You can try and spin any justification narrative you want, but he got those minutes because it's garbage time, and he's basically less valuable than Dragic/Winslow (especially to closeout games). Heat are too deep also, because everybody is getting healthy. We got James Johnson, Olynyk, Duncan Robinson etc, all suddenly playing well and deserving of minutes. I'm not here to flame anybody, it's just the truth. I dropped because, Heat are getting healthy, and playing time, and most importantly USAGE is going to be very hard to come by. Especially when Winslow returns.