dfstout

Kendrick Nunn 2019-2020 Outlook

I would like him coming off the bench,butler just dominant the ball so much

17 minutes ago, christino3286 said:

Time to drop? Dillon Brooks is starting to look reaaaallll good. 

Thinking the same.

18 minutes ago, christino3286 said:

Time to drop? Dillon Brooks is starting to look reaaaallll good. 

Yeah, Brooks is on my waiver wire. I'm considering making the switch

I'm still gonna stick with this guy for a couple of weeks. Keep in mind that he's just a rookie. Growing pains. And if he doesn't work out, then go on to the next hot FA.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Lockdown said:

He doesn't really do much except score and hit threes.

1.7 steals coming into the game. (And on all levels he has played at he averaged 1.5). So not just points and threes.

So your last post you started with Brick, Brick, Brick. He ended up tonight 5/9 on less minutes than he has been getting. 

What would have happened if he played 30 minutes and ended up with a few more makes and got to like 17 on an efficient night? Would you have posted all you did then? 

I agree they are a deep team with multiple ball handlers. I know for me my expectation was never 20 points a game. Not closing out is concerning although Dragic really got going. But he has talent and undrafted means nothing if you show talent. Jeremy Lin. Wesley Matthews. Ben Wallace. Kent Bazemore. To name a few. Undrafted.

Curious - what is your season long expectation for him?

• Like 2

I'll give him the game tomorrow, if he doesn't perform again then probably time to drop him for a streaming spot or another hot WW pickup like Brooks. 

People will say excuses but it doesn’t really bother me, here’s what I’m seeing the last three games:

1. foul trouble against harden 

2. nuggets owned the whole Miami squad and he had Gary Harris on him most the game 

3. he actually shot well this game, had a few rookie mistake fouls and one bad turnover in the third that led to a suns momentum run, but Dragic went bananas in the third and spo just rode that unit for 1 and a half quarters because the suns had no answer for it.

as tekno alluded, say he comes back in early mid 4th this line looks better. He had 21 min not because he was missing or he was particularly bad, but because spo rode a dragic hot run, and those real life situations can trump fantasy rotations.

The matchups will get easier especially once they go back east and he’ll bounce back as long as the role, shots, and minutes are there.

• Like 2

Just calm down guys, calm down, sheesh. 

You don't want to miss out on the next Donovan Mitchell. Your loss.

Still holding.

• Like 1

Don't read too much into the fact Nunn didn't close out the game against PHX especially considering the Heat have a B2B.  Dragic was on fire from when he entered the game late in the 3rd Q onwards and the backcourt of him + whoever else blew the game open from the start of the 4th and Spoelstra could afford to give guys like Herro and Duncan Robinson extra mins and close out the game.  Spo didn't even really have to bring Butler back in but PHX made a small run and I guess he wanted to make sure the game was finished.  Basically the Heat were in control almost the entire 4th quarter.

Nunn was getting shots and decent looks up until he sat.  A drop in usage and shots was always going to happen when everybody was healthy.  If he can maintain around 30mins he'll get his on offense but he won't be 20ppg.  What's a bit more concerning is his defense.  It's not great.  Whoever he guards basically has an open lane after a screen is set on him.  He's not Isaiah Thomas level of bad but he definitely exploitable.

1 hour ago, Lockdown said:

I've told you guys in my earlier posts. I've been playing fantasy bball for too long to see this coming. You can call me names , or make fun of me dropping him, but the reality is, this guy is undrafted and had a good run in the early part of the season, mainly due to circumstances (Butler being out, Winslow injured etc). This IS exactly like the McGruder situation. The reality is, Herro is the future, they picked him in the draft lottery. Winslow and Dragic already know the Heat system, and in my eyes, better than this guy. He doesn't really do much except score and hit threes. The big minutes last game, of course is due to garbage time. You can try and spin any justification narrative you want, but he got those minutes because it's garbage time, and he's basically less valuable than Dragic/Winslow (especially to closeout games). Heat are too deep also, because everybody is getting healthy. We got James Johnson, Olynyk, Duncan Robinson etc, all suddenly playing well and deserving of minutes. I'm not here to flame anybody, it's just the truth. I dropped because, Heat are getting healthy, and playing time, and most importantly USAGE is going to be very hard to come by. Especially when Winslow returns.

Exactly.  He was undrafted for a reason

The big minutes last game, of course is due to garbage time. You can try and spin any justification narrative you want, but he got those minutes because it's garbage time, and he's basically less valuable than Dragic/Winslow (especially to closeout games). Heat are too deep also, because everybody is getting healthy.

Yeah all the spin on that was pretty amusing lol.

I'm like..."uhhhh......are you sure he didn't just play garbage minutes, because he's the undrafted rook......"

Say no more lol, I think most of us neutral Nunn managers can see this situation for what it is.

I usually lurk on this forum and never post but i’ve never read a worse take in my entire life and nothing would give me greater satisfaction than dismantling your entire post piece by piece.

but the reality is, this guy is undrafted and had a good run in the early part of the season, mainly due to circumstances (Butler being out, Winslow injured etc). This IS exactly like the McGruder situation. 

This is not even close to being like “the McGruder situation” because Nunn is actually a talented basketball player and has upside. You seem obsessed with the fact that undrafted ≠ not good, but in fact there have been plenty of great undrafted basketball players with successful careers (Ben Wallace, Wesley Mathews, NBA Champion Jeremy Lin). 

He doesn't really do much except score and hit threes.

He has 1.7 steals a game but continue..

he's basically less valuable than Dragic/Winslow (especially to closeout games). Heat are too deep also, because everybody is getting healthy. We got James Johnson, Olynyk, Duncan Robinson etc

No reasonable person would think that his playing time will be taken by James Johnson. Nunn should be locked for 30+ a game.

As a Heat fan, I expect Dragic to get traded this year which would boost his value

I dropped because, Heat are getting healthy, and playing time, and most importantly USAGE is going to be very hard to come by. Especially when Winslow returns.

Keep trying to convince yourself you made the right choice.

The truth is, Nunn is a rookie so he will have bad games. Since you’re not an owner, I’m not sure why you keep coming back here but i’m sure i’ll see you again every time he doesn’t score 30.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

43 minutes ago, DirkNomisszki said:

I usually lurk on this forum and never post but i’ve never read a worse take in my entire life and nothing would give me greater satisfaction than dismantling your entire post piece by piece.

This is not even close to being like “the McGruder situation” because Nunn is actually a talented basketball player and has upside. You seem obsessed with the fact that undrafted ≠ not good, but in fact there have been plenty of great undrafted basketball players with successful careers (Ben Wallace, Wesley Mathews, NBA Champion Jeremy Lin). 

He has 1.7 steals a game but continue..

No reasonable person would think that his playing time will be taken by James Johnson. Nunn should be locked for 30+ a game.

As a Heat fan, I expect Dragic to get traded this year which would boost his value

Keep trying to convince yourself you made the right choice.

The truth is, Nunn is a rookie so he will have bad games. Since you’re not an owner, I’m not sure why you keep coming back here but i’m sure i’ll see you again every time he doesn’t score 30.

Hahaha you amuse me "lurker". Okay, time to dismantle your points "piece by piece". Lol sometimes I wonder if you watch NBA or even get my point. 

Mcgruder comparison - this is because both are undrafted, that's all. Of course there are exceptions to good undrafted players like the ones you mentioned, but those are few and far between compared to undrafted G-leaguers lol. Fact is, Mcgruder went undrafted, played well early in the season, and fell off, similar to this guy. Did you see McGruder's stats in that run? They were exceptional. Anyway, what makes Nunn so special to you? Do you think he at least has a better game than say Devonte Graham at least, lol. Also to a defensive minded coach like Spo. I understand Dragic also can't defend, but he's gonna be the closer from here on out lol. Okay quote me back here if I'm wrong. Anybody can see this. It's the sheer eye test. It's not a knock on Nunn, but just the fact that he's on a  deep team with guys like Dragic and Winslow who actually play the point (and have been on this team for the past year or so).

1.7 steals. Sure, because this was the time Jimmy was out, and all those other circumstances which led to him having a big run. Watch that fall down by the wayside when everybody is healthy. Like now lol. Especially with the diminished playing time. You think he's gonna be Kris Dunn like, in limited mins? LOL. Yeah yeah go back here and flame me next time Nunn plays 30+ mins again... IN GARBAGE TIME. 

LOL you EXPECT Dragic to be traded. Wow what a reason to hold on to someone. And what if he doesn't get traded? Are you the Heat GM, Mr. Heat fan? I don't understand holding on to someone in hopes someone gets traded. I could make that argument for almost everyone in the league whose starters are always in trade talks.

I am not trying to convince myself I made the right choice. What's wrong with checking forums of people i dropped? Hell I even look and post at forum pages of people I never even owned just to share some insight. I was only trying to tell people of another take, which is, Nunn just isn't as good or godly as you think he is that's all. I didn't tell you all to drop him coz i did. I even said in my earlier post that if your waiver is bare or iffy, then keep him. I just moved him and picked him up for a hot FA. What's the problem there? Who's convincing who? Stop trying to flame a person or trying to read my head like you're some fortune teller lol. 

I understand he's a rookie. Like most rookies, they're up and down and very volatile. Sure he may have a big game again and this thread blows up, but I'm willing to wager, there will be waaay more bad games than good games to warrant him being a borderline hold/drop. This happens all the time, guys like DiVicenzo, etc have good games, but also bad, making them borderline guys. Now, with Nunn having to lessen his usage, and now playing time, he's gonna be a very lukewarm guy in your fantasy team. Goodluck to you Nunn owners. I dunno why people flame on here for people just expressing his opinion. The tone and all. Dismantling LOL. I hope your fantasy team doesn't get dismantled by having Nunn sit there. I really do.

Edited by Lockdown
  • Thanks 1

Drop city baby.

11 minutes ago, JormaJormala said:

Drop city baby.

your league must’ve had to put a move cap just because of how much you stream, you put half the free agency on waivers 

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Lifschitz said:

your league must’ve had to put a move cap just because of how much you stream, you put half the free agency on waivers 

Nothing wrong w/ streaming in H2H 

• Like 1