dfstout

Kendrick Nunn 2019-2020 Outlook

5 hours ago, COBBLEPOT said:

thing is, he had a couple good games with butler..

your best bet is to wait a couple more games and see if he bounces back

i see you already made the move, but it can still go either way imo. 

I'll push the drop botton next game if he keeps struggling (like I fear)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, COBBLEPOT said:

naah, that’s what you’re doing now 

at least that other stuff pertains to fantasy 

My point is clear. Those who are holding still have the belief that he can turn it around/has potential to do well and its a small sample size for us to determine. We will hold while others who dropped can have their points as to why they did so and their reasons and thats it. Nothing else to discuss about this at the moment.

11 hours ago, DirkNomisszki said:

This is not even close to being like “the McGruder situation” because Nunn is actually a talented basketball player and has upside. You seem obsessed with the fact that undrafted ≠ not good, but in fact there have been plenty of great undrafted basketball players with successful careers (Ben Wallace, Wesley Mathews, NBA Champion Jeremy Lin).

I have nothing to argue for or against, except: when we talk about undrafted players, let's not ignore that most recently and more relevantly, NBA Champion Fred Van Vleet played a massive role in the Raptors post-season, and even received a NBA Finals MVP vote because of it... and he went undrafted. 

Edited by SirMixalot

1 hour ago, Gile Pile said:

Without 27 playoff  minutes played by NBA Champion Jeremy Lin Raptors  would have never  won. 😀

The fact is that Nunn is trending down, from Oct (5 games) to Nov(3 games):

Min 31.6 to 25

FGA  17 to 11

3P 3.0 to 1.3

Pts 22.4 to 9

%s 51.8/48.4/100   to 33.3/23.5/33.3

is he rosterable in 12 teamers?   I think he is not, but you make your own decision

The team is getting healthy and he's dropped off. No real surprise for a guy who came out of no where.

20 minutes ago, SirMixalot said:

I have nothing to argue for or against, except: when we talk about undrafted players, let's not ignore that most recently and more relevantly, NBA Champion Fred Van Vleet played a massive role in the Raptors post-season, and even received a NBA Finals MVP vote because of it... and he went undrafted. 

True and a good point but FVV's are rare. Maybe Nunn is one but I wouldn't bet on it personally.

Edited by Spyplane

Fwiw I was going to give him another week or so before I moved on, but got an offer I could accept including him & felt I may not get that opportunity again. Really hope he plays well, but I’m off the train now

Best of luck!

42 minutes ago, TSnyd said:

Fwiw I was going to give him another week or so before I moved on, but got an offer I could accept including him & felt I may not get that opportunity again. Really hope he plays well, but I’m off the train now

Best of luck!

What was the offer?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Johnnyapplebot said:

What was the offer?

In my keeper league I was offered Conley for my Nunn/Herro combo

Feel I did well & was looking for a streamer spot, but I do still believe in both Miami guards.

yea.....so I just traded nunn and schroder for Jrue Holiday. what are the chances this doesn't get vetoed by yahoo lol.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, blabety said:

yea.....so I just traded nunn and schroder for Jrue Holiday. what are the chances this doesn't get vetoed by yahoo lol.

nothing gets vetoed by yahoo

its up the either the commissioner in your league or league votes, depending what the setting is on. 

Just now, COBBLEPOT said:

nothing gets vetoed by yahoo

its up the either the commissioner in your league or league votes, depending what the setting is on. 

Proleague, so it is yahoo

3 minutes ago, DiscoNinja33 said:

Why isn't he getting minutes? 

Injured? Or coach lost faith? 

Not injured but he's too small to play against a team of giants (Lakers). Dragic is also playing amazingly tonight.

Seems he is fake starter now,Dragic and Herro play more than him

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DiscoNinja33 said:

Why isn't he getting minutes? 

Injured? Or coach lost faith? 

Lakers team are all giants, so he gets abused. But he is playing minutes, not a huge amount though. He is in right now in the 4th.

• Like 1

This guy just made a bone headed play on offense and then just got crossed by LBJ on defense. Hes getting exposed so hard on defense 

I've used all my pickups this week, I picked him up after his first game but I'm going to drop him for next week. Had high hopes for him but he has been too inconsistent

Is this guy a drop? He’s been losing minutes to dragic and Winslow is not even playing. He made a bunch of mistakes tonight. Steals are nice though.

Starting to think I want Nunn of this guy no mo.

2stls and a blk is I like tho, and they lost, maybe they play him more..yall like that logic?

sigh.....okay Kendrick, just one more game.....

21 minutes ago, Cpxaztec said:

Is this guy a drop? He’s been losing minutes to dragic and Winslow is not even playing. He made a bunch of mistakes tonight. Steals are nice though.

Nah, he's gonna evolve into Donavan Mitchell halfway through the season, strong hold.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, SkalChriston said:

Nah, he's gonna evolve into Donavan Mitchell halfway through the season, strong hold.

Problem is heat already got their Donovan Mitchell in jimmy butler.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cpxaztec said:

Problem is heat already got their Donovan Mitchell in jimmy butler.

Yeah, that's probably true....I mean someone else in this thread said this...I didn't understand either..sounds good though...

Well I dunno then, maybe he'll evolve into Mike Conley? Nah, doesn't pass enough...

Bojan? Nah..not accurate enough...not enough shots....that's probably Heero anyway.

Maybe he's Royce O'Neale!

38 minutes ago, SkalChriston said:

Yeah, that's probably true....I mean someone else in this thread said this...I didn't understand either..sounds good though...

Well I dunno then, maybe he'll evolve into Mike Conley? Nah, doesn't pass enough...

Bojan? Nah..not accurate enough...not enough shots....that's probably Heero anyway.

Maybe he's Royce O'Neale!

I think this year he shows what he can do but I don’t think he can be consistent enough the whole season to warrant a permanent roster spot in 12 team leagues. Ride him while he’s hot but drop him once he starts to slump because it’s going to be a bumpy ride. If you have a strong team that can withstand his slumps then it makes sense to roster him.

Edited by Cpxaztec

Still have faith but had to hedge my bets. Dropped him in 1 league for jarret Allen but still holding him in another.