dfstout

Kendrick Nunn 2019-2020 Outlook

I didn't expect his FG% to tank as much, if he's putting up stats though he's worth the hold.

8 minutes ago, SicarioSanity said:

This thread reminds me of another Miami Heat player from 2 seasons ago - Josh Richardson. Everyone was ranting and dropping him like crazy only for Richardson to come out strong later in the season. 

What's different from J-Rich is that Nunn is a waiver wire pickup and people are expecting him to play like a first and second rounder night after night which is just annoying. With that being said even if the points, FG% and TOs are inconsistent - he is consistently bringing the heat in threes and steals. I am not sure you will have someone on the wire with a better ROS outlook than Nunn right now WITH the upside he has. 

I remember that season...I was one of those people that drop j rich. I s--- you not...THE game right after I dropped him, he completely turned it around. Heats box scores haunted my soul throughout rest of that season...hell, I still regret that drop today lmao. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, IDatDude said:

I remember that season...I was one of those people that drop j rich. I s--- you not...THE game right after I dropped him, he completely turned it around. Heats box scores haunted my soul throughout rest of that season...hell, I still regret that drop today lmao. 

Feels, my good man. I think JRich took until December to get going that year and the thread was filled with regret haha! 

If you own Nunn, hold onto him for dear life. He will do damage this year. 

38 minutes ago, grassoli said:

Why would you guys drop him right now?

Am I missing something here?

5 of his last 7 games have been atrocious, and today's game was just alright.  I mean if you don't have ANYONE decent on your WW then might as well see what he does, but I'm not really seeing why people with quality players/players with potential on their WW should hold him any longer.

But I'd be curious what your reasoning is for why you should definitely hold at this point (no sarcasm).

I mean J Rich is awesome, but he's a totally different player/person.  Just because they were both wings on the Heat doesn't mean you should expect their storylines to play out the same...

I'm holding for one more week because the guy I'm playing this week is super injured, but right now he's my first drop if I see someone I want on the WW

• Like 1

Kendrick Nunn finally got himself going on Tuesday in a 117-108 win vs. the Pistons, scoring 20 points on 6-of-16 from the field and 4-of-5 from the line.

He added five assists, three boards, two steals and four triples in 37 minutes. This line is a bit misleading with Miami missing Justise Winslow (concussion) and Tyler Herro (ankle), but Nunn was due for a big game after being held to 11 points or fewer in his previous four outings. He's worth holding as a microwave scorer but his playmaking has gone down next to Jimmy Butler -- his assist percentage drops from 32.9% to 17.2% with Butler on the floor. He's a hold but might be a late-round guy going forward

7 hours ago, MilesBridgesBetterThanZion said:

Exactly it's early November.

I'd like to thank everyone overreacting in this thread for possibly causing somebody to drop him in a league I have the #1 waiver.  He's all mine.

Don't use it on him. I used my #1 waiver on him and have regretted it ever since. 

9 hours ago, sld12 said:

I mean J Rich is awesome, but he's a totally different player/person.  Just because they were both wings on the Heat doesn't mean you should expect their storylines to play out the same...

I do agree with this and it is the same reason why it was also not wise when some were comparing Nunn to McGruder.  Each are not the same situation or player. 

But for me, nothing in the past week or so has changed the fact that Nunn has talent and I think barring injury he will be starting all year.  Spo is still letting him fire it up.  So I still believe he should remain fantasy relevant and useful.  I do admit how useful still remains to be seen once they are completely healthy for longer than one game.

12 hours ago, YouSnoozeYouLose said:

The fact that you forgot about Jimmy Butler is just Dragic..

How did we get off to a tangent about Dragic? Do we have Nunnthing else to talk about?

ok second best 

I like this kid but I’m wavering on him. He’s just been tanking my FG% so badly and that’s a category I’m actively trying to win

26 minutes ago, QingJames said:

I like this kid but I’m wavering on him. He’s just been tanking my FG% so badly and that’s a category I’m actively trying to win

This is me, wondering if I should start floating trades for him. Have casual fans heard anything about him?

8 hours ago, Tekno Team 2000 said:

I do agree with this and it is the same reason why it was also not wise when some were comparing Nunn to McGruder.  Each are not the same situation or player. 

But for me, nothing in the past week or so has changed the fact that Nunn has talent and I think barring injury he will be starting all year.  Spo is still letting him fire it up.  So I still believe he should remain fantasy relevant and useful.  I do admit how useful still remains to be seen once they are completely healthy for longer than one game.

Nunn and Richardson are different players, but the situation is similar. Both are young developing players in a starting role with complete trust from Spo. Spo is a consistent coach, and if a guy is playing badly offensively, he prefers to leave them out there until they figure it out. 2 years ago J Rich was horrible offensively for like 3 months straight, but he still had the green light to turn it up and it paid off in the end in RL and fantasy. Nunn has the trust and the green light to keep shooting. Hes a rookie so its gonna be inconsistent, but if you're in a 14+ league, theres F all on the wire anyway and nothing with his upside. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, rfhamilton said:

Nunn and Richardson are different players, but the situation is similar. Both are young developing players in a starting role with complete trust from Spo. Spo is a consistent coach, and if a guy is playing badly offensively, he prefers to leave them out there until they figure it out. 2 years ago J Rich was horrible offensively for like 3 months straight, but he still had the green light to turn it up and it paid off in the end in RL and fantasy. Nunn has the trust and the green light to keep shooting. Hes a rookie so its gonna be inconsistent, but if you're in a 14+ league, theres F all on the wire anyway and nothing with his upside. 

Offensive skill-wise do we all agree he's superior to J-Rich? (or will be with more seasoning) ?  

1 hour ago, hipriest69 said:

Offensive skill-wise do we all agree he's superior to J-Rich? (or will be with more seasoning) ?  

Nunn is absolutely better than JRich offensively.  Nunn could do with some of JRich's defensive ability but you can't teach height/length.

Conley.

2 minutes ago, MilesBridgesBetterThanZion said:

Again i'd like to thank everyone who overreacted, it's damn nice having nnunstoppable on my team after using my #1 waiver on him. Cheers!

I was gonna ask who you got then noticed the NUNNstoppable. Welcome to team Nunn bro.

• Like 1