dfstout

Kendrick Nunn 2019-2020 Outlook

His steals 3s ft% and even regressed points make him beyond an easy hold in standard leagues. Probably even 10 teamers as well. The offense might decline a little but the D has been very consistent. 

Nunn of you guys/gals saw this one coming. Great line tonight. Reminds me of the year where D. Mitchell broke out. Hope he keeps balling out. 

MY MAN NUNN !! gave me a hella goodbye game, i traded Bam Adebayo & Nunn for Nikola Vucevic & D rose before tonights game, best of luck to all the nunn supporters here hope he has a stellar season, just not a revenge week against me 😂

I think half the people on these forums don’t actually watch games just glance over box scores. Nunn’s legit. It’s just a matter of keeping his confidence up With the true alpha (jimmy buckets) and keep attacking/slashing instead of settling for contested 3s. Nunns out gunns out

• Like 1

1 hour ago, flat_eric said:

This guy is the new McGruder

Speaking of McGruder. There he goes again going off against the Pelicans. LOL

• Like 1

I see Herro played...how much will Winslow impact him?

3 hours ago, CharlesCC2 said:

Glad to see him producing when he gets more minutes.  Congrats to everybody who held on.

I never had a single moment of thinking I need to drop him.. 

If his low end lines are still 2 3's and 2 steals with 3+ assists, there is still value in his low-end lines, and that's in 22-25 of struggling. His hot start alone warranted a LONG leash..

A few pages back I also noted how the Western conference teams were putting huge SGs on him (Eric Gordon, Gary Harris, etc.) and he struggled.. I noted that once he goes back east he won't have this issue. 

So let's look at his four games out west:

Houston - 2/10, 5 points, foul trouble in 19 minutes

Denver - 4/14, 11 points, 32 minutes

Phx - 5/9, 11 points, 22 minutes

LAL - 4/11, 10 points, in 23 minutes

Funny part is, those 4 teams are 4 of the better defensive teams in the league currently. Houston's cold start to the season disguised the fact that in their last 5 games they've been VERY good defensively. People just automatically started assuming if Houston is on the schedule it means big lines, but they were still learning to play together, and now it's quite hard to put up big lines on Houston (as it was in years past).

Now in four those games he still had 4 steals, 2 blocks, 4 3's, so it wasn't a total loss.

In the two games since coming back East:

Det - 20 points and 4 3's on 6/16 shooting in 37 min with Herro out, 2 steals, 5 assists

Cle - 23 points and 3 3's on 10/16 shooting in 37 min with Herro back, 2 steals, 8 assists

The teams are just considerably worse in the Eastern conference, and he's not going to have big guards and strong defensive teams every matchup.

For people pointing out that the matchup isn't a big deal, it is. Matchups are a big part of fantasy success. Oubre struggled last game, Atlanta is one of the worst at defending SFs, he goes off for a huge line. 

To justify a drop, his role would have to significantly change and his minutes would have to be reduced for more than just a four game sample.

People have zero patience, and now they drop and they look on the wire and think what have I done? It's a s---y feeling, we've all been there (I dropped Barton earlier this year during his ankle injury and he's my favorite fantasy player since he's underrated), but this should be a strong lesson to all the guys around here who come into every thread screaming drop after a single bad game or worse yet, a single bad half.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

picked him up as a streamer cuz i’m in a desperate situation wit half my team injured and now i can’t get myself to drop even though i really need the extra games smfh

4 minutes ago, COBBLEPOT said:

picked him up as a streamer cuz i’m in a desperate situation wit half my team injured and now i can’t get myself to drop even though i really need the extra games smfh

Streaming for the win is good, but the big picture outlook is more important. He'll win you weeks that a streamer won't. There are plenty of weeks to go. Sometimes you have to sacrifice a week knowing you're holding onto a winner. 

35 minutes ago, Lifschitz said:

I never had a single moment of thinking I need to drop him.. 

*snip*

Yeah, my post was a reference to when people were bugging out a couple weeks ago and I had to go on a rant about how I thought he was a good player from what I'd seen of him.  People see a couple bad stat lines and are quick to move without putting things into context or rationally trying to hash out the player's future prospects.

I don't even own this guy at all but felt the need to justify keeping him because he's shown too much promise in his limited early time as a rookie.  I understand people have to move quick on the hot waiver pickups but they also don't want to make moves they'll come to regret, and I think dropping Nunn could've been one of those moves for people.

Best WW pickup of the year?

Edited by japs

You guys need to stop this garbage tbh, it's just as equally bad as the 'drop city' people after one game..

It sets up false expectations, so then you create this false hype when he goes bananas versus a bad team, then he faces the Raptors (a top defensive team), or Milwaukee, and then guys come in here and yell.

It goes both ways.. stay balanced, it gives a much clearer outlook on things instead of overreacting on either side of the spectrum. 

That being said, Graham is the early candidate for WW pick up of the year, finding 19/4/7+ and close to 4 3's per game off the wire is insane.. but it's November, let's wait until January before we declare anyone WW pick up of the year. 

(luckily for me I own both of them)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lifschitz said:

You guys need to stop this garbage tbh, it's just as equally bad as the 'drop city' people after one game..

It sets up false expectations, so then you create this false hype when he goes bananas versus a bad team, then he faces the Raptors (a top defensive team), or Milwaukee, and then guys come in here and yell.

It goes both ways.. stay balanced, it gives a much clearer outlook on things instead of overreacting on either side of the spectrum. 

That being said, Graham is the early candidate for WW pick up of the year, finding 19/4/7+ and close to 4 3's per game off the wire is insane.. but it's November, let's wait until January before we declare anyone WW pick up of the year. 

(luckily for me I own both of them)

Manage the expectation, Nunn as waiver wire pick up should not be expected to compete with the first 3 picks of a team. Although it would be nice of course.

3 hours ago, Aloon33 said:

Devonte Graham and TT better imo

Yes duh...

I might use him as a streamer here and there. Use like a filthy... and then toss him back to waiver.

16 hours ago, CharlesCC2 said:

Glad to see him producing when he gets more minutes.  Congrats to everybody who held on.

In a 16 team league, I guess I don't need to congratulate myself anymore lol