dfstout

Kendrick Nunn 2019-2020 Outlook

13 minutes ago, lvlelvlo said:

Worth dropping lonzo or smart for him? 9 cat roto, 14 team league

Please put these types of questions in the AC forum. Thank you! 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Lifschitz said:

I pulled the trigger already, I couldn't stand seeing these 4/3/3 9/3/3 lines with no threes. If your PGs don't shoot threes it just gets you behind so much. Especially if you have a few big men who don't shoot threes. 

The guard carousel there is insane and I just don't trust Pop at all. I did it completely on a whim because of Josh Lloyd talking him up even though every bone told me don't pick this guy.

I like his skill set I actually think on another team he could be a stud, he has legitimate upside, but Pops likes foundation/pillars at three major positions (PG, SG/SF and C), and he makes everyone role players around that. So he'll give his main guys extremely high usage and then everyone else has to play a role within that system - cutting/moving/off ball slashing and spotting up/catch and shoot. 

So you'll see 4 shots for Lyles, 2 for Belli, 11 for Mills, 6 for White, so on and so forth. 

In a game where Murray only played 23 minutes, it's a red flag that White only played 22 min versus a horrible Knicks team in what ended up as a 19 point blowout.. that to me was the icing on the cake, if he's not going to get run in the last quarter, then it's not worth it to hang on. 

I wanted to see signs that Pops would at least try him and Murray together, but Forbes is way too good at shooting threes - a skill that White isn't nearly as good at, and it fits well with their starting 5 since both DeRozan and Murray aren't good three point shooters - and Aldridge doesn't shoot them, so I don't see it changing. Why would he suddenly insert White and then have 4 guys who don't shoot well from three? If he doesn't start Lyles teams would just pack the paint on their team and dare them to shoot, I know I would.

These are all facts. His upside is severely limited. I guess I just didn't want to cut him in the first week, just in case.... but ceiling is just so low atm. Ughhhh. I think I'm going to pull the trigger

• Like 1

I like both Herro and Nunn. I hope they can both do well with each other. here's hoping Spo starts narrowing down his rotation and feature these young guns in the 28-30+ mins range lol. Probably wishful thinking but they are exciting to watch.

Erik Spoelstra said he intends to start Kendrick Nunn (not Tyler Herro) alongside Jimmy Butler (personal) once Jimmy gets back.

We figured that Nunn got the start on Wednesday because Butler was unavailable, but Coach Spo informed the media after Wednesday's opener that he fully intended to start Nunn alongside Jimmy, and that it was Herro who was actually Butler's replacement. This is great news for Nunn after he put up 24 points, two boards, three dimes, two steals and a triple across 27 minutes in his debut, so he's on the radar as an add in most formats.

• Like 3

Second to NUNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, ysyoo87 said:

kevin huerter or nunn?

Nunn-- but I think this is AC forum stuff

Edited by dfstout

ESPN did not have Kendrick Nunn rosterable. ESPN proceeds to add Nunn and make him an undroppable player. Lesson: Don't use ESPN for fantasy sports

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Y'all really believe in Nunn and Herro? I just don't see the appeal of either in the Heat's backcourt, maybe in 1-2 years?

Butler will take his 15-18 shots a game, Winslow will take 12-15, Goran (reduced role?) will still take 10-12.

How many shots/usage does that leave Herro and Nunn? It looks like a potential time share + rookie wall + lack of usage for either. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Royloi said:

Y'all really believe in Nunn and Herro? I just don't see the appeal of either in the Heat's backcourt, maybe in 1-2 years?

Butler will take his 15-18 shots a game, Winslow will take 12-15, Goran (reduced role?) will still take 10-12.

How many shots/usage does that leave Herro and Nunn? It looks like a potential time share + rookie wall + lack of usage for either. 

Seriously, someone explain why I should spend all of my faab on this kid right now. I just don't see the pathway to decent production. 

57 minutes ago, Gdupm6 said:

Must add in 10 team leagues? 

I’m not sure anyone is a true must add in 10 team leagues. I mean every team should be stacked from the draft itself. That being said it’s always smart in shallow leagues like that to keep your last couple roster spots somewhat open or flexible for taking fliers on guys like this or for stop gaps. If your last guy isn’t all that then sure pick him up but I wouldn’t  go as far as must add in 10 teamers. 

Edited by Bugs bunny
  • Like 1

Averaged 25.9/4.7/3.8 in his last year in college. Almost 30% USG last night. This guy wants the ball in his hands. Yes, Jimmy's out, but even when he comes back who's there to limit him? It's just a bunch of unproven role players. It's obviously a very small sample size but to me he passes the eye test. I wouldn't be surprised if he has like a Donovan Mitchell type explosion.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dfstout said:

Nunn-- but I think this is AC forum stuff

Just stop replying to them, right now its a huge issue on the basketball forums ive never seen so many AC questions in all these threads

58 minutes ago, Royloi said:

Last Year winslow was at 11.3 shots per game, saying 12-15 is a pretty large jump and a pretty large spread to throw out there, Winslow doesnt seem like a score first guy (his FG% HIGHLY supports that but hes young so maybe hes getting better but his FT% sucks as well and usually high scoring guys have good FT% except for big men) either so im not sure id be expecting a huge increase in shot attempts for him

Next we have Dragic who was at 12 shots per last year and you saying a reduced role while still projecting what he had last year shot volume wise doesnt make a whole lot of sense ya know

So assuming Winslow does in fact take a few more shots this year, i wouldnt expect much more over 12 per game tho tbh, and as you even said reduced role for dragic so id say under 10 shots per game for him, there is PLENTY for Herro + Nunn given Waiters now isnt chucking up shots at a horrific clip

Edited by kmoore1521
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, kmoore1521 said:

Last Year winslow was at 11.3 shots per game, saying 12-15 is a pretty large jump and a pretty large spread to throw out there, Winslow doesnt seem like a score first guy (his FG% HIGHLY supports that but hes young so maybe hes getting better but his FT% sucks as well and usually high scoring guys have good FT% except for big men) either so im not sure id be expecting a huge increase in shot attempts for him

Next we have Dragic who was at 12 shots per last year and you saying a reduced role while still projecting what he had last year shot volume wise doesnt make a whole lot of sense ya know

So assuming Winslow does in fact take a few more shots this year, i wouldnt expect much more over 12 per game tho tbh, and as you even said reduced role for dragic so id say under 10 shots per game for him, there is PLENTY for Herro + Nunn given Waiters now isnt chucking up shots at a horrific clip

Last year Dragic played half a season and never looked healthy. The two years before that he was at 14.3 and 15.4 shot attempts.

Everything I said still stands, seems like you're nitpicking a few shot attempts (which is why I gave ranges) to argue for a rookie that needs to compete with Jimmy Buckets and (still potentially at this point until he's traded) Dion Waiters.

And don't ignore Winslow's 27 point performance last night. All summer long they've been raving about him. You really don't see his shot attempts going up? Guess we'll just differ on that.

6 minutes ago, Royloi said:

Last year Dragic played half a season and never looked healthy. The two years before that he was at 14.3 and 15.4 shot attempts.

Everything I said still stands, seems like you're nitpicking a few shot attempts (which is why I gave ranges) to argue for a rookie that needs to compete with Jimmy Buckets and (still potentially at this point until he's traded) Dion Waiters.
And don't ignore Winslow's 27 point performance last night. All summer long they've been raving about him. You really don't see his shot attempts going up? Guess we'll just differ on that.

Father time my man, hes not the same player Dragic, and without Butler he still only got up 9 attempts, thats very telling

Winslow even in college was not known for scoring and shooting, obv guys can improve but a guy who isnt a great shooter becoming a huge scoring threat seems unlikely imo and with butler i can whole heartedly take last nights game with a huge grain of salt, i could see his shot attempts go up tho, just not by much, and they were playing Memphis, guys who arent great shooters like Winslow FEAST on bad teams because they dont have to settle for jumpers (bad defense)

time will tell but at worst, one of Herro or Nunn will be a fantasy factor this year in all leagues, my 2 cents

Edited by kmoore1521
  • Like 2

This is like trying to solve a rubik's cube. I'm a fan and just as lost.

2 minutes ago, kmoore1521 said:

time will tell but at worst, one of Herro or Nunn will be a fantasy factor this year in all leagues, my 2 cents

Why not both!? I know you've already explained it, but  #LetsGoHeat

2 hours ago, kmoore1521 said:

Father time my man, hes not the same player Dragic, and without Butler he still only got up 9 attempts, thats very telling

Winslow even in college was not known for scoring and shooting, obv guys can improve but a guy who isnt a great shooter becoming a huge scoring threat seems unlikely imo and with butler i can whole heartedly take last nights game with a huge grain of salt, i could see his shot attempts go up tho, just not by much, and they were playing Memphis, guys who arent great shooters like Winslow FEAST on bad teams because they dont have to settle for jumpers (bad defense)

Winslow is younger than Nunn.  Saying an undrafted 5 year college player who has never been great and is older than Winslow is more of a scorer than Winslow after Nunn has had one professional game where he scored less points than Winslow is starting to get a bit crazy.  We'll all agree to disagree and see where he stands in a month.