hlin8821

OG Anunoby 2019-2020 Outlook

Surprised there hasn't been much buzz on this kid. Clear path to minutes and looking a lot better on the offensive end. Expectations for this season?

I'm in on him for sure. He has a great path to minutes with his defensive ability. The only caveat is his very poor FT shooting for me. It has been bad dating back to college. He hasn't gotten there a lot in college or the pros though. Hopefully the volume stays low in that area.

As a Toronto native just don’t expect the leap Siakam made last year.  Siakam is the better, ball handler and finisher around the rim.  OG should see more opportunity to dive to the rim but he can settle to far often at the 3 Point line.  To really separate himself from the pack he really needs to finish in the 1/1/1 club.  The 3’s and steals should be fine, but will likely finish under 1bpg.  

He’s a really solid player, but he won’t put up the points, rebounds, assists and %’s that Siakam will.  I’d imagine he finishes the year outside the top 100

2 minutes ago, Kawz said:

As a Toronto native just don’t expect the leap Siakam made last year.  Siakam is the better, ball handler and finisher around the rim.  OG should see more opportunity to dive to the rim but he can settle to far often at the 3 Point line.  To really separate himself from the pack he really needs to finish in the 1/1/1 club.  The 3’s and steals should be fine, but will likely finish under 1bpg.  

He’s a really solid player, but he won’t put up the points, rebounds, assists and %’s that Siakam will.  I’d imagine he finishes the year outside the top 100

No one comparing him to siakam.  Totally different players. 

15 minutes ago, El_Chingon said:

No one comparing him to siakam.  Totally different players. 

but there’s lots of talk of a Siakam type leap in production.  OG is a 3 and D player, just saying outside of areas he’s already good in, don’t expect him to excel in others the same way Siakam did last year.

• Thanks 1

On 10/20/2019 at 1:20 AM, Gile Pile said:

Top 60 finish per game. He will be this year Siakam. 

Top 60 would be huge. 

I've been taking him last pick in drafts as I know he plays on the first day as their aren't many games schedule 

top 60 would be insane.

How many weeks are we giving this kid to prove he can be Kawhi-uber lite? (wouldn't that be nice?)

16 minutes ago, Kamura said:

top 60 would be insane.

How many weeks are we giving this kid to prove he can be Kawhi-uber lite? (wouldn't that be nice?)

To learn from a few DPOY on a daily basis last year must have been a huge experience for this kid. I believe it should bolster his confidence heading into the season. I believe he cracks the top 100. 

Watching his game right now. Do you think he'll be more productive than kyle kuzma? Strongly considering dropping him for OG for a punt point team.

Edited by roclaren

2 out-of-position blocks? and a 3? and 30 minutes? I am pretty happy with this from my 11th pick.

• Like 1

That defense on Jrue  at the end of regulation was awesome. Someone was playing attention what Kawhi was doing last year

40 minutes ago, Gile Pile said:

That defense on Jrue  at the end of regulation was awesome. Someone was playing attention what Kawhi was doing last year

I honestly didn't get to watch the game... do you think he's worth holding on. I'm looking at his stats. I wondered if it was just game on.. and OG continues to improve here on out.

3 minutes ago, Monkeyking69 said:

I honestly didn't get to watch the game... do you think he's worth holding on. I'm looking at his stats. I wondered if it was just game on.. and OG continues to improve here on out.

He's definitely worth holding onto. The Raps are slowly easing into a youth movement and Siakam, Freddy and OG will be leading the charge.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, fabrar said:

He's definitely worth holding onto. The Raps are slowly easing into a youth movement and Siakam, Freddy and OG will be leading the charge.

Awesome that's good to hear man.. saw 11/7/0/0/1 .. lol .. wasnt sure if he was gonna be utilize. 

28 minutes ago, Monkeyking69 said:

Hold. In the spring he will be gold.  2 blocks from SF position tonight = $$$$$

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Good value pick in the later rounds paying off. FT% will suck and he doesn’t pass but I like what i see so far.

5 hours ago, a-rob said:

he's worth a hold, but wasn't impressed with him today. the 2 blocks were nice, but he is still having a hard time finishing inside. Can't drive to the hoop. If his 3 ball is falling he will be ok. But don't expect a Siakam like rise like some are projecting

I agree with this to be honest. I think he will improve but what he settles into, I don’t think is anything overly special.

5 hours ago, a-rob said:

he's worth a hold, but wasn't impressed with him today. the 2 blocks were nice, but he is still having a hard time finishing inside. Can't drive to the hoop. If his 3 ball is falling he will be ok. But don't expect a Siakam like rise like some are projecting

I said this previously in the thread, but I don't understand why anyone would ever compare him to Siakam in the first place.  Two completely different skill sets and talent levels.  That said, OG will be a very useful player.  1/1/1 potential with decent boards is a valuable cog in roto.  And I don't think he will get enough volume in FT to be much of a drag.

• Like 3

Think he is a better real life than fantasy. like a Bruce Bowen etc, solid defender but doesn't produce any other stats.