iowncrazyhair

Vent & Rant Thread 2019-2020

I lost 4-5 last week on a measly .001% with FG% (.466 to .467).  Rock solid FG% Richaun Holmes somehow goes 2/7 yesterday.  Dillon Brooks 0/5 and Kenrich Williams' 2/8 sealed the deal

On to the next one...

So now officially in last place at 0-4 in my points league. Here are some fun stats:

5th most points scored

More points scored than the 4-0 first place team

All 4 of my losses have come to teams who have scored less than me on the season including the lowest scorer, 3rd lowest, and 4th lowest

11 minutes ago, stay_woke said:

So now officially in last place at 0-4 in my points league. Here are some fun stats:

5th most points scored

More points scored than the 4-0 first place team

All 4 of my losses have come to teams who have scored less than me on the season including the lowest scorer, 3rd lowest, and 4th lowest

Horrible luck, the good news is that it's a long season and the cream will rise to the top. I'm assuming you guys do a playoff bracket to decide the champion. If that's the case then all you need to worry about is making it into the playoffs, and it's an entirely new season from there. Regular season record means nothing once the playoffs start.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Kawz said:

Made the biggest mistake ever just now.

I have a pretty poor team in a competitive league and was winning my matchup 6-3-1 (TO being the tie) with Lebron left to play for me, nobody for my opponent.  Now, keep in mind I was losing points by 10, I was losing 3’s by 5, and I was winning FT% by 0.04.  In my mind, I lose TO’s and maybe FT%, and I definitely take points.  I figured I’d play it safe and take the 6-3-1 win because my team needed some W’s

Lebron’s like tonight.

0 Turnovers

33 Points

6 X 3 Pointers

If I would have played Lebron I would have won 8-1-1

When 200 IQ play ends up biting you in the *ss 😂

• Haha 1

Anyone get annoyed by bad trades? Someone traded KP for Fournier straight up. I checked the trade market and the only other straight Fournier trade was for Zubac. 

Every week this season other than the very first week, ive just about had at least 3 people injured or suspended that couldnt play on all 3 of my money leagues. EVERY WEEK. My team is actually solid if they actually just showed up to play you know.

On 11/16/2019 at 6:13 PM, tesfayee said:

Losing Hayward, then Fox and then LeVert. Fun times, yeay.

+ Favors and now Vucevic. League is full of glass.

53 minutes ago, tesfayee said:

Ayton, then Hayward, then Middleton and now Lillard

Might as well give up lol

2 hours ago, tesfayee said:

I hope you don't actually expect people to play through sprained ankles in Vuc case... 

5 hours ago, WhiskerFrisker said:

I hope you don't actually expect people to play through sprained ankles in Vuc case... 

Nah, just expressing my bad luck.

7 hours ago, tesfayee said:

Maybe the price of speeding ish up and more possesions. This is what the fans wanted. *shrugs*

Basketball players are the biggest diva babies in sports.  I’ve never seen so many little knick knack injuries.  Millions of dollars and it’s waaaaah my knee hurts.

They need to send some guys over from the NHL to give a locker room pep talk on how to be men.

Jesus Christ.

My team shooting below 40% so far

Just a general rant about the direction the league is shifting to. Arbitrary load management on top of guys missing entire weeks for ailments described as "illness" or "soreness", it's clear the NBPA is pushing for a reduction in regular season games.  Which the NBA would be insane to cave to, as if teams/players won't try to load manage down to 50 or 45 or 40 games, etc.  If the prevailing pro-LM (load management) thought is that missed RS games = advantage PS, then it doesn't matter how long the RS is there will still be a perceived advantage via LM come PS. So where to draw the line?

On 11/20/2019 at 6:01 PM, Eltoro said:

Anyone get annoyed by bad trades? Someone traded KP for Fournier straight up. I checked the trade market and the only other straight Fournier trade was for Zubac. 

Find a new league.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, PUNTSQUAD said:

Just a general rant about the direction the league is shifting to. Arbitrary load management on top of guys missing entire weeks for ailments described as "illness" or "soreness", it's clear the NBPA is pushing for a reduction in regular season games.  Which the NBA would be insane to cave to, as if teams/players won't try to load manage down to 50 or 45 or 40 games, etc.  If the prevailing pro-LM (load management) thought is that missed RS games = advantage PS, then it doesn't matter how long the RS is there will still be a perceived advantage via LM come PS. So where to draw the line?

why would the nba shorten season? seems like they would lose a lot of $$$ then like you said they still will rest players

51 minutes ago, PUNTSQUAD said:

If anything theyll start the season even earlier and eliminate back to backs instead of shortening the season. Its just lame that NBA players have become more sissies than soccer players after they get lightly touched near their ankles.

Collins, Favors, and now Vucevic. Had to trade Devonte Graham for Wendell Carter outta desperation. 

Drafted:

Curry

Vucevic

OPJ

Hayward

Turner

Griffin

Ill see you all next year.

• Haha 4