Sign in to follow this  
Fuzzy_Slippers

10/19 - GAME DAY THREAD

Recommended Posts

My Hicks vid seems to be broken. Tried to embed some great Yankee moments for Fuzzy, I have no idea . lol

 

Edited by shakestreet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seriously F*** this umpire.  Unreal strikezone for the Astros pitchers.  High, low, inside, outside all strikes.  Freakin killed our inning. Fck off

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, MrBrown said:

Seriously F*** this umpire.  Unreal strikezone for the Astros pitchers.  High, low, inside, outside all strikes.  Freakin killed our inning. Fck off

I agree on that last strike called to Gardner. Crap

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

can yankees just get 1 clutch hit?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MrBrown said:

Seriously F*** this umpire.  Unreal strikezone for the Astros pitchers.  High, low, inside, outside all strikes.  Freakin killed our inning. Fck off

 

that call on sanchez was horrible, changed the at bat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, jfazz23 said:

 

that call on sanchez was horrible, changed the at bat

Yup they're not even close.  Total disgrace.  I can accept losing if thats the outcome, but its really hard when I see so many bad calls going against us.  This is unreal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, MrBrown said:

Yup they're not even close.  Total disgrace.  I can accept losing if thats the outcome, but its really hard when I see so many bad calls going against us.  This is unreal.

 

dont know why judge was so far off of first base on that double play.  weve blown a TON of opportunities

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, jfazz23 said:

 

dont know why judge was so far off of first base on that double play.  weve blown a TON of opportunities

Tons of opportunities blown.  One opportunity robbed of us with the calls against Gardner in the 2nd inning really stings.   With Judge it took an insane play to catch that so I'm just thinking whatever on that one.  Brantley and Reddick killed us with their defensive plays.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, abachar said:

Can't stand this team.  Big changes are needed this offseason

The Yankees?  And you're a fan?  Love my team.  Great year and this game isn't over.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, abachar said:

Can't stand this team.  Big changes are needed this offseason

 

tough to say big changes are needed.  back to back 100 win seasons.  they just need their players to hit.   sanchez, didi, EE, gardner, stanton and kind of judge did nothing.  ottavino and greene were great all year and had a bad series.

 

we had opportunities.  literally 2 hits and the yanks could have won this series.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the yankees need to send a tape to MLB.  that pitch to judge is NOT a strike.  it happens ALL the time

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

damn you altuve

 

good night all

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Little Big Man does it all.  Congrats to the Astros!

I'm conflicted going into the World Series.  I have a fantasy team with Altuve at 2B but that same team has Trea Turner at SS.  Split loyalties.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, jfazz23 said:

 

tough to say big changes are needed.  back to back 100 win seasons.  they just need their players to hit.   sanchez, didi, EE, gardner, stanton and kind of judge did nothing.  ottavino and greene were great all year and had a bad series.

 

we had opportunities.  literally 2 hits and the yanks could have won this series.

 

They did not hit because they are not the type of hitters succeed in the playoffs.  Sanchez has never been good in the playoffs nor will he ever be, and ditto for Encarnacion and Stanton -- they are guess all-or-nothing hitters that prey on meatball fastballs in April-September.  They will never win with this type -- which is what they have had this whole decade and it shows based on our results.

Gardner is a 36-year old that should be hitting 9th, not 3rd-5th in the lineup in big games.  I don't care about his miraculous homerun binge this year with a juiced ball. 

Can't explain Didi -- has past playoff success but this year just had some of the worst "at-bats" in the series.    

Oh yeah, and Boone needs to go.  He makes playoff Dusty Baker look like Tony La Russa.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, abachar said:

 

They did not hit because they are not the type of hitters succeed in the playoffs.  Sanchez has never been good in the playoffs nor will he ever be, and ditto for Encarnacion and Stanton -- they are guess all-or-nothing hitters that prey on meatball fastballs in April-September.  They will never win with this type -- which is what they have had this whole decade and it shows based on our results.

Gardner is a 36-year old that should be hitting 9th, not 3rd-5th in the lineup in big games.  I don't care about his miraculous homerun binge this year with a juiced ball. 

Can't explain Didi -- has past playoff success but this year just had some of the worst "at-bats" in the series.    

Oh yeah, and Boone needs to go.  He makes playoff Dusty Baker look like Tony La Russa.

 

boone isnt the one who couldnt hit.  he did nothing wrong.  he won 105 games with a TON of injuries

EE is gone.  voit and andujar back.  Stanton is untradable and Sanchez isnt going anywhere unless we got back a Degrom or something.  and DiDi was coming back from tommy john.  id like to give him a 1 year 18 mil QO or something.

 

only question is will they fork up 35-40 mil a year for gerrit cole

 

 

Edited by jfazz23

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, jfazz23 said:

 

boone isnt the one who couldnt hit.  he did nothing wrong.  he won 105 games with a TON of injuries

EE is gone.  voit and andujar back.  Stanton is untradable and Sanchez isnt going anywhere unless we got back a Degrom or something.  and DiDi was coming back from tommy john.  id like to give him a 1 year 18 mil QO or something.

 

only question is will they fork up 35-40 mil a year for gerrit cole

 

 

 

Boone did so many things wrong, it would be tough to list here (ex: not walking Altuve with JAKE MARISNICK ON DECK).  Great regular season manager though.

Edited by abachar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.