mtx

Marcus Smart 2019-2020 Outlook

21 minutes ago, mtx said:

Any takers? Is he the primary PG on Boston now??

The primary PG is obviously Kemba. Smart has made nice strides as a 3 point shooter and his steals are basically elite. I like him to improve a bit more this season.

• Haha 1

Just now, Benjamin1984 said:

The primary PG is obviously Kemba. Smart has made nice strides as a 3 point shooter and his steals are basically elite. I like him to improve a bit more this season.

Haha terrible bad by me, yes somehow I forgot about Kemba

Kemba is the lead PG but I would expect Smart's usage to increase

I've always liked him and typically ended up with him on my rosters. I think part of it is that I don't expect some great leap from him; he is what he is at this point and if you can accept and deal with his PTS + efficiency deficiencies then you can reap the rewards of his elite STL + solid AST/3PM

I'll look for him after the 100s as per usual 

• Like 1

One of my biggest targets in the back half of drafts this year.  Must have him in 10 leagues.  I think he can get a little more usage than last year and they need him to play 3 different positions.  10/5/4 with 2 threes/2 steals 43/83/1.5.  He's the only person past the 2nd round who has the potential for 5 assists and 2 steals.  He also hits threes.  Decent rebounder for a guard that late.  FG and points are weak, but whatever, most guard around his ADP are going to have low FG, and it's on low volume.  Top 75.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, StifleTower2 said:

He's the only person past the 2nd round who has the potential for 5 assists and 2 steals.  

CP3 wants one more entry into this club... and Dipo might get you 2/3 of a season of 5 and 2. Just to be a pedant.

Just now, rando said:

CP3 wants one more entry into this club... and Dipo might get you 2/3 of a season of 5 and 2. Just to be a pedant.

CP3 is a second round value per game, he's just not drafted in the second round.  Dipo is injured as we all know.  I wouldn't project averages for him.

He seems to be one guy that everyone is sleeping on as I've landed him in all my team's. Usage sure to go up - I think he'll finish top 75(ish) 

• Like 1

Had him the end of 9th and he can be CP3-esque 😁

he got slept on because his game is volatile. Last season he was rage dropped several times so owners don’t like to draft him high. Rotoworld calls him “better in real life” stuff. Or maybe they don’t see he improves his game. With him I’d secure steals along with decent 3’s and assists, at the time I looked at the average and about to pick him. That didn’t take long. 

Yeah I ended up with him in all my teams for the steals (and most of my teams ended up being punt FG). Hoping he does well!

• Like 1

I should add, yeah he seems good in punt FG, but it's far from necessary.  His FG continues to improve and it's on such low volume that he was like the 68th worst in FG.  Interestingly if you're rostering 120 players in roto then his FG impact is about in the middle of the pack in terms of damage, despite being 42% simply because there are so many similar players who shoot on more volume. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sickrookie said:

Had him the end of 9th and he can be CP3-esque 😁

The only thing even remotely similar is their height 

4/4/8 with 1 TO.  Nothing else.  Not the line we might be hoping for.  He shot under .300.  However, it seems as if everyone was throwing up bricks on opening night.  If he shot his average and hit a three/got a steal then it would be a great line.  7 points, 8 assists, 4 rebounds, 1 steal, 1 three.  I'd take that from my 10th guy any day.

• Like 1

Just ignited my first trade of the season. Got Smart in to bolster my guard positions and got Ibaka out.

Had glut of centers and Nance is going to get C too soon so was contemplating dropping Ibaka. Better take a chance on Smart and get rid of Culver if anyone.

I think Smart will flourish with career numbers if Karsten Edwards doesn't steal his minutes. They have absolutely nobody else there to play significant minutes in PG-SF. 

5 hours ago, JormaJormala said:

Just ignited my first trade of the season. Got Smart in to bolster my guard positions and got Ibaka out.

Had glut of centers and Nance is going to get C too soon so was contemplating dropping Ibaka. Better take a chance on Smart and get rid of Culver if anyone.

I think Smart will flourish with career numbers if Karsten Edwards doesn't steal his minutes. They have absolutely nobody else there to play significant minutes in PG-SF. 

coulda gotten someone better than Smart honestly, he probably woulda been waived at one point or a another...

Two "bad" games in a row. Was hoping for more. Maybe it's time to take a flier on Nunn

10 minutes ago, Brandayz said:

Two "bad" games in a row. Was hoping for more. Maybe it's time to take a flier on Nunn

I need to join your leagues. Nunn is not available in none of my leagues. My leagues are ruthless.

12 minutes ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

I need to join your leagues. Nunn is not available in none of my leagues. My leagues are ruthless.

Well I play in a europe league. So I have an advance by being up this late watching ball because most of them were probably going to see how he played today (it's 2:00 am here) and hoping to scoop him up early this morning if the box-score said: DELIGHTFUL 

4 hours ago, Brandayz said:

3 x 3s, 2 blocks, a steal, 6 boards and 4 assists on 100%FT

yup, awful

• Like 1

Thinking of adding this guy.

What should I expect from him?

Ah I now see Jaylen Brown is out tonight....makes sense now.

I really need to peep the Celts lineups for Jaylen beforehand. Big oof to have this kind of production on my bench. BUT still, he cookin', and that's something.