Sign in to follow this  
heyitsmattdelly

Spencer Dinwiddie 2019-2020 Outlook

What’re we expecting some Spencer this year? 
always a great handcuff with kyrie always missing time 

BKN does have more mouths this year

I like Din as a source of points in the later rounds, and supported with okay assist numbers. Good backup PG — I grabbed him in the 12th. He's a competitor and works hard, so I think he comes in ready. Showed okay in pre-season, but Kyrie wasn't around a heap. Do feel like he's a bit of a confidence/hype/ego player, so I do wonder if Kyrie throws him off a bit. Probably nothing to worry about.

Poor defensive numbers and fg efficiency can be poor too.

I think he plays 25 mins for 15.5 pts / 4ast / 2.2 reb / 1.8 3pm / 82% ft and 42 fg%

Kyrie will miss a few games (maybe Caris too), and he could easily go for 30+ in those games if he's on. It's hard to find points and assists late, so have no problem with taking him in the later rounds.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, D3K91 said:

I like Din as a source of points in the later rounds, and supported with okay assist numbers. Good backup PG — I grabbed him in the 12th. He's a competitor and works hard, so I think he comes in ready. Showed okay in pre-season, but Kyrie wasn't around a heap. Do feel like he's a bit of a confidence/hype/ego player, so I do wonder if Kyrie throws him off a bit. Probably nothing to worry about.

Poor defensive numbers and fg efficiency can be poor too.

I think he plays 25 mins for 15.5 pts / 4ast / 2.2 reb / 1.8 3pm / 82% ft and 42 fg%

Kyrie will miss a few games (maybe Caris too), and he could easily go for 30+ in those games if he's on. It's hard to find points and assists late, so have no problem with taking him in the later rounds.

Agreed, I'd take a flier on him in the last couple of rounds, especially considering how frail kyrie is

I would like him more, but gets absolutely no stocks and his assists are mediocre, even with minutes/opportunity.   Basically a more expensive version of Reggie Jackson.

• Like 1

And I just got him as a FA yesterday! Excited for their Phoenix matchup. He can help me in my FT% and FTM cats. Too bad the nets won though as I was rooting for them to lose so they shutdown Kyrie

This guy is lowkey a frustrating guy to own, not because he's performing below expectations, but because he should be a droppable/borderline player in standard leagues but his production is just good enough that I keep holding even when I should know there's a ceiling to his value as a 25mpg backup who doesn't get steals.

I'll probably end up dropping for the right hot waiver wire pickup, but assists are always in demand and I'm kinda inclined to hold so I can at least sell high once he strings some 20 pt games together (especially in the event of a kyrie injury)

Shockingly his usage is actually up from last season, and his minutes aren't significantly down backing up Kyrie vs. Dlo. If you don't care about fg for whatever reason, he's probably a safer bet than sexier pickup of the week types he's typically getting dropped for

Irving and Levert both out tonight and the Nets facing awful def Bulls,he is going to feast

Is he a sell high while Kyrie is out, or a hold assuming he's gonna be getting fed minutes ROS?

I was shopping this guy around a few weeks ago, but like a lot of people said, looks like Kyrie is going to lose some time with another ambiguous and random injury. With the nets losing games, and this whole year being a prelude to KD's return next season anyway, I'm starting to wonder whether Kyrie is a legit risk to sit 25+ games

Dinwiddie is:

1. A coach's favorite for 28 minutes a night at least regardless

2. The savior when the inj prone players on this team go down

3. A stats monster who should be a PG1 for most teams in the league

4. A great dude who plays hard, has crazy skills and loves basketball and doesn't whine and cry and complain every chance he gets.

HOLD the gate, kid's a stud...