tonycpsu

NFL Waiver Wire Thread 2019 Week 8

tonycpsu

NFL Waiver Wire Thread 2019 Week 8


This thread is for offering suggested waiver wire pickups for week 8 of the 2019 NFL season.


It is not for the following:



Comments that fall into one of these categories or are otherwise not on topic for this thread will be removed.


Some discussion of waiver suggestions is allowed, but this is not the place for an extended debate on the merits of any particular player. Take these in-depth discussions over to the outlook threads for the individual player(s) in question.

Message added by tonycpsu

Recommended Posts

NFL Waiver Wire Thread 2019 Week 8


This thread is for offering suggested waiver wire pickups for week 8 of the 2019 NFL season.


It is not for the following:



Comments that fall into one of these categories or are otherwise not on topic for this thread will be removed.


Some discussion of waiver suggestions is allowed, but this is not the place for an extended debate on the merits of any particular player. Take these in-depth discussions over to the outlook threads for the individual player(s) in question.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 QB leagues - Matt Moore, Ryan Tannehill

Kenyan Drake for potential trade. Lions maybe, kerryon hurt? Ty Johnson? JD mckissic?

 

Adam Humphries in return yardage leagues.

 

Corey Davis if dropped

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Stills and Coutee - Fuller could be out a while

Preston Williams - As long as Fitzmagic is QB he will have WR3 potential

Jets and Indy DST - Cake schedules the rest of the way.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Chase Edmonds if you're playing with a bunch of idiots and he's somehow still available.

Ty Johnson of the Lions will likely be the #1 add this week if Kerryon misses time.

Ryan Tannehill should be considered as a qb streamer in 12+ team leagues.

As mentioned, Keke Coutee and Kenny Stills if Will Fuller has to miss time.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ty Johnson (pending MRI Kerryon’s knee)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Marques Valdez- Scantling is a Flex/ WR3 Against the Chiefs this upcoming week. If he’s available I would pick him up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Aj brown. Strong WR2 possibility ROS.
 

Having already put up significant numbers with minimal targets from a worse qb. Things are looking way up. Brown showed a great rapport with Tannehill today. Led the team in targets. And although he didn’t break any big runs after the catch today, if those targets keep coming he’s going to start feasting. 
 

With a great schedule coming up, I believe we can count on brown to produce big numbers for fantasy teams every week. Solid floor with serious potential for a lot more. This only works if Tannehill remains the qb though. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Devante Parker who has a TD each of the last 3 weeks. 

Lions DEF who face NYG, @ OAK, and @ CHI the next 3 weeks.

Jonnu Smith (TE-Titans) if Delanie Walker is sidelined. Deep deep leagues...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, phisouza33 said:

Who’s grabbing Antonio Brown? 

 

I did, I was holding out hope for an O.J. Howard trade but that doesn’t look like it’s happening. There’s been reports from that la corfona cat and a few others, I’ve seen articles on BR, NFL.com and a few others reporting that multiple teams are interested in signing him. As crappy a person he is, talent wins out. He’s still a top caliber wr and I don’t doubt a team takes a chance on him.

Why not if you have the space. 

Edited by jeremyt7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm scooping up DeSean Jackson wherever he was dropped as he could be returning soon.

There was some buzz he may have been returning Sunday night @ DAL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, blue42 said:

Aj brown. Strong WR2 possibility ROS.

Wrote this a few weeks ago: the sooner the Titans switch to Tannehill the better for AJ Brown. He is like a jacked up version of Jarvis Landry, and we all know Tannehill peppered Landry with targets. Brown is in the same physical slot WR mold with yac ability. Sneaky flex ROS if Tannehill keeps the gig.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, blue42 said:

Aj brown. Strong WR2 possibility ROS.
 

Having already put up significant numbers with minimal targets from a worse qb. Things are looking way up. Brown showed a great rapport with Tannehill today. Led the team in targets. And although he didn’t break any big runs after the catch today, if those targets keep coming he’s going to start feasting. 
 

With a great schedule coming up, I believe we can count on brown to produce big numbers for fantasy teams every week. Solid floor with serious potential for a lot more. This only works if Tannehill remains the qb though. 


Did you happen to watch the game yesterday? Wondering if AJB is the WR to own or if C Davis is the guy (if both are available). I know it’s tough to say after 1 week, but curious to hear the early thoughts from those who watched. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, 24/7fantasysports said:

Lions DEF who face NYG, @ OAK, and @ CHI the next 3 weeks.


That Lions DST is decimated, I would seriously consider looking elsewhere. They were already down two DL coming into Sunday, then lost Snacks and Darius Slay. Saquon is going to run for 200 yards on them next week. 

 

3 minutes ago, nromn said:


Did you happen to watch the game yesterday? Wondering if AJB is the WR to own or if C Davis is the guy (if both are available). I know it’s tough to say after 1 week, but curious to hear the early thoughts from those who watched. 


Personally, I wouldn't touch any of them, but that's just me. Even with Tannehill they're still going to spread it around, and between Brown, Davis, Humphries, Walker, Smith, Sharpe and the RBs, no receiver on that offense is going to be the "#1" or get a lion's share of targets - everyone is going hover around 4-8 per game and it will change from week to week. There will be good weeks spread amongst them but trying to guess is going to be more of a headache than it's worth.

Edited by DekuTree
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone interested in adding Mark Walton?  Bad team and bad offense (understatement!) but seems he's the #1 there now

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DekuTree said:

Personally, I wouldn't touch any of them, but that's just me. Even with Tannehill they're still going to spread it around, and between Brown, Davis, Humphries, Walker, Smith, Sharpe and the RBs, no receiver on that offense is going to be the "#1" or get a lion's share of targets - everyone is going hover around 4-8 per game and it will change from week to week. There will be good weeks spread amongst them but trying to guess is going to be more of a headache than it's worth.


That was kind of my thought as well, but I don’t torture myself by watching TN games so thought maybe someone who watched might have a different perspective. I will say that AJB has been trending in the right direction on paper at least. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, GreenMountainPhan said:

Kareem Hunt back on the practice field.

Just remember he's not eligible to return for another couple weeks...

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, dschddny said:

Just remember he's not eligible to return for another couple weeks...

 

yep, week 10 vs Buffalo 

🦇

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Stills is definitely a good claim with Fuller out several weeks, maybe more. Marvin Jones is another good WR claim. His schedule is friendly and Detroit will throw more if Johnson is out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, y2jbones said:

 Stafford is a great claim. His schedule is friendly and Detroit will throw more if Johnson is out. 

 

fixed. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.